Mugen 1950mAh Slim Extended Battery for HTC Rezound

phorts

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Mugen is releasing a slim extended battery for our HTC Rezound. Same physical size as the stock battery so it will fit with the stock cover. It's 1950mAh which is 17% more than the stock 1620mAh.

Verizon HTC Rezound, 1900mAh Slim Extended Battery | Mugen Power Battery,

I bought the 1750mAh Seido battery for my Incredible 1, which was 35% more than the 1300mAh stock battery. Not very ground-breaking performance difference so i'm not too optimistic about this one.

Will be interesting to see some tests run to see if there is enough improvement to warrent the $45 rake.

Last edited:

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'd prefer something a bit more....like 2200 mah. BTW, make sure they do justice to the antenna if you get this. Pretty important for the Rezound as it's built into the back cover. The 2750 performs well with signals.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested only if it doesn't have issues with the battery meter (gets greyed out or something) as has been reported from users using non-HTC batteries in our phone...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Mugen is releasing a slim extended battery for our HTC Rezound. Same physical size as the stock battery so it will fit with the stock cover. It's 1950mAh which is 17% more than the stock 1620mAh.

Verizon HTC Rezound, 1900mAh Slim Extended Battery | Mugen Power Battery,

I bought the 1750mAh Seido battery for my Incredible 1, which was 35% more than the 1300mAh stock battery. Not very ground-breaking performance difference so i'm not too optimistic about this one.

Will be interesting to see some tests run to see if there is enough improvement to warrent the $45 rake.

$45 is a lot considering myself and many others got the extended battery with back cover for $30 with free 2 day shipping, some even less. But i guess if you must have the extra juice in the stock form factor, then it may be worth it. I wonder what the true long term rating is after a years worth of use is compared to stock.

phorts

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i thought about the Extended Battery but the phone w/ case is already chunky. Any more would be unacceptable IMO. I agree the $45 tag is too much for just over 15% increase, although 15% may be all i need to get me through a normal day. Guess i'll be a chargin until we get some facts on this baby.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah it is costy, but for Mugen's reputable customer support its worth to give them a LIKE on Mugen facebook page and receive some discount codes for that, just a friendly tip.:cool: By the way ordered the battery, satisfied with a performance, and loving that it fits the original cover. But i wonder if Mugen plans to release a bigger power battery any time in close future???

Do you have an estimate of how much more time you get based on your usage? (assuming your usage has been consistent)

...Sent from my Tab

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
yeah it is costy, but for Mugen's reputable customer support its worth to give them a LIKE on Mugen facebook page and receive some discount codes for that, just a friendly tip.:cool: By the way ordered the battery, satisfied with a performance, and loving that it fits the original cover. But i wonder if Mugen plans to release a bigger power battery any time in close future???

To add on to the previous question;
1.) Are you able to charge the phone normally, or does the battery charging need to be done externally?
2.) Does the battery make the cover bulge out a bit, or is this the same exact size as the stock battery?
3.) Does it overheat?

Thanks in advance. I'm interested in buying one of these.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
To add on to the previous question;
1.) Are you able to charge the phone normally, or does the battery charging need to be done externally?
2.) Does the battery make the cover bulge out a bit, or is this the same exact size as the stock battery?
3.) Does it overheat?

Thanks in advance. I'm interested in buying one of these.

correct answers to these questions would definitely be an enticement to buy. Wondering also just how much longer on average you would get out of a charge

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I finished the initial 12 hour charge, and used it briefly today ( a couple of hours of streaming). I can't give a full report on how much time I'll get out of it yet... but in answer to the above questions:

1.I only charge the battery with the charger, that works perfectly, though it seems to take slightly longer to charge.
2.Exact same size as the stock, so no bulging... fits perfectly.
3.Never felt hot, and I was streaming.

I just got it, so again, I don't know how long the average battery life is.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay... I'm on my third day of this battery.
Admittedly my use of the phone was light today. Basically texting.

However, it's been 12 hours, and I JUST got the battery is running low tone and message as I am typing this.

So, to me, it's been worth the money. Any extra hour is worth it to me. 12 hours is acceptable to me for a 4G phone. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary