Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Definitive Rezound Battery Life Saving Method

Here's how to save your battery life.

- Turn off WiFi, BlueTooth and GPS
    - Turn off 4G LTE
    - Turn off all Location Services
    - Turn off all Sync Services
    - Turn screen brightness to lowest setting
    - Turn screen timeout to lowest setting
    - Place phone in Airplane Mode
    - Dont make phone calls
    - Dont text, email, surf the web, play games or use any apps
    - Place phone in box
    - Send back to Verizon

Sorry. I love EVERYTHING about this phone, except the battery life. I bought it so that i could DO all of the things above and more. I have to limit my usage and disable key functions of the phone just for the HOPE that i make it through the day. This is my 4th HTC Phone (Eris, DInc 1 and 2) so i'm well aware of how to manage power consumption. But even with my advanced knowledge, I'm still coming up short every day.

Not much that complaining will do about it, so i'm going to do what everyone else is going to do...live with it, because i like the phone that much.

Ext battery is not an option for me as already the phone is a beast. Dont think i'll be making it two years with this one....hopefully they come out with a slim ext battery (that's bigger than the 1950mAh Mugen one...what is that? 15% more? gee..thx).

Im holding out hope that ICS will improve the battery as much as Gingerbread did w/ the Dinc 2.

Thanks for listening to this Rant
    chasenfreedom likes this.

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Default Re: Definitive Rezound Battery Life Saving Method

Hey, it worked! lol

I hear ya on the battery life, I love this phone and very aware of the processor and screen being primarily responsible for consuming the battery and those same things are what makes the phone great, but I have realized I use my phone for 4 things...phones calls, texting, facebook and music...do not need an Android, nor 4G for that. I just wish I would have realized that before my 14 days were up
    Last edited by ajnevares; 02-09-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

I didn't think I'd like the extended battery either, but come to find out it doesn't bother me at all. I might even prefer the added bulk. I know, I'm crazy.

I now always carry a spare micro USB cord. It's lightweight, takes little room and USB is so ubiquitous it's easy to get a power boost.
    I also have a USB wall plug (palm brand with folding blades) and a CLA USB adapter for car use (in case I'm not in my own car).
    Having these three items which all together easily fit in one hand was cheap and keeps me powered.
    The only other thing to have is a portable external battery pack, but I only take that when I know power will be scarce (sporting event, hiking, etc).
    It's not htc or android's fault that battery tech is lagging. All you can do is deal with it. I find that addressing the recharging capability is the most reliable method rather than trying to squeeze blood out of a stone.

That pretty much is the answer? Lol Seriously though, I like slimmer phones too and was reluctant to get the extended battery (2750) because it added to the bulk of the phone. Glad I did, makes a huge difference. Also its really not that bad as far as adding to its size. The extended case is designed well. I will however go back to stock back when there is an extended battery with enough juice to fit it.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

ICS sees much better power management from what I've experienced.

That was on Scrosler's Senseless ICS ROM, wifi & data on screen @50%, OEM battery.

On the stock OS I saw roughly 13 hours from a full charge.

Global Posts
    1,595 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Talking Re: Definitive Rezound Battery Life Saving Method

Quote Originally Posted by phorts View Post
    Here's how to save your battery life.

- Turn off WiFi, BlueTooth and GPS
    - Turn off 4G LTE
    - Turn off all Location Services
    - Turn off all Sync Services
    - Turn screen brightness to lowest setting
    - Turn screen timeout to lowest setting
    - Place phone in Airplane Mode
    - Dont make phone calls
    - Dont text, email, surf the web, play games or use any apps
    - Place phone in box
    - Send back to Verizon

Sorry. I love EVERYTHING about this phone, except the battery life. I bought it so that i could DO all of the things above and more. I have to limit my usage and disable key functions of the phone just for the HOPE that i make it through the day. This is my 4th HTC Phone (Eris, DInc 1 and 2) so i'm well aware of how to manage power consumption. But even with my advanced knowledge, I'm still coming up short every day.

Not much that complaining will do about it, so i'm going to do what everyone else is going to do...live with it, because i like the phone that much.

Ext battery is not an option for me as already the phone is a beast. Dont think i'll be making it two years with this one....hopefully they come out with a slim ext battery (that's bigger than the 1950mAh Mugen one...what is that? 15% more? gee..thx).

Im holding out hope that ICS will improve the battery as much as Gingerbread did w/ the Dinc 2.

Thanks for listening to this Rant
    I have a much simpler solution to improve battery life on the Rezound. JUST TURN THE DARN THING OFF!!!
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

No matter what you do short of what the OP suggested you can't get the SLCD to suck up any less power. Even turning the brightness down doesn't do much(if any) good. I've already resigned myself to leaving an adapter at work, in the car, several at home, and one that is in my travel bag. So unless there isn't electricity or a car battery I can stay powered on.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    No matter what you do short of what the OP suggested you can't get the SLCD to suck up any less power. Even turning the brightness down doesn't do much(if any) good. I've already resigned myself to leaving an adapter at work, in the car, several at home, and one that is in my travel bag. So unless there isn't electricity or a car battery I can stay powered on.
    Yep, do those things. USB chargers and cables can be bought on eBay CHEAP. Buy 10 of each, leave them all over the house/work/car, etc.

The extended battery is fine. I also like the weight better, of course, I use a Bluetooth headset all the time.

I may look into a battery pack charger just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by WebmnastuhB View Post
    Yep, do those things. USB chargers and cables can be bought on eBay CHEAP. Buy 10 of each, leave them all over the house/work/car, etc.

The extended battery is fine. I also like the weight better, of course, I use a Bluetooth headset all the time.

I may look into a battery pack charger just in case.
    Make sure that it is a quality charger,or else it may damage the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    I didn't think I'd like the extended battery either, but come to find out it doesn't bother me at all. I might even prefer the added bulk. I know, I'm crazy.
    I gave up ln my TBolt after just one year because of the lousy battery life. I could no longer deal with the extended battery bulk and weight.

Got me a Rezound and for the first week it was battery life heaven Now its battery life HELL. My phone just about lives on its charger. I pretty much leave it plugged in constantly at home and that's no exaggeration. Put it in my pocket to take a half hour walk the dog break and I have just over half a charge when I get back.

Way worse than my TBolt. Waiting for my replacement battery which was SUPPOSED to be here today and didn't arrive.

Sent from my Rezound via TapaTalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

If you're crazy we're both on the way to the looney bin. I have ext battery with case and belt clip from VZ. And I'm liking it.

Those that thought the Rezound was too "thick" before will hate it, but when I held the ReZound and RaZr the Rezound felt better to begin with. And it wasn't "thick" it was just "thicker" than the RaZr.

Plus my case from VZ has the kickstand and it's great. And it add protection to the camera lens and screen by buffering them a bit from when I lay it down.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Make sure that it is a quality charger,or else it may damage the phone.
    So that's been my problem too, finding quality chargers. For my DInc1 and 2 i bought a bunch off monoprice.com for a few bucks ea. But, i always found that they were inferior to the Verizon charger, using the 3rd party ones for bump charging only and the verizon one for my night charge. Now, my car charger doesnt even work at all with the Rezound. This too was 3rd party, cuz i'm a cheap ***.

But, i dont want to go drop $20/ea for Verizon brand chargers. What are the best options out there that are both quality and inexpensive?

I also looked into the Car Dock for the car. There's a 150 post thread on another forum about it and i didnt have the time to read through it all, but a lot of folks are angry that their existing car charge cables dont work or dont work very well with it. What's the proper charger for the car?

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by phorts View Post
    So that's been my problem too, finding quality chargers. For my DInc1 and 2 i bought a bunch off monoprice.com for a few bucks ea. But, i always found that they were inferior to the Verizon charger, using the 3rd party ones for bump charging only and the verizon one for my night charge. Now, my car charger doesnt even work at all with the Rezound. This too was 3rd party, cuz i'm a cheap ***.

But, i dont want to go drop $20/ea for Verizon brand chargers. What are the best options out there that are both quality and inexpensive?

I also looked into the Car Dock for the car. There's a 150 post thread on another forum about it and i didnt have the time to read through it all, but a lot of folks are angry that their existing car charge cables dont work or dont work very well with it. What's the proper charger for the car?

Thanks for the help!
    I bought Palm 5v/1a wall and car chargers for under $4 a piece. The wall chargers were from Verizon, car chargers from att. This was some time ago though, so may be sold out. I also bought a Belkin 5v/3a dual car charger (1a on one port/2a on the other port for $5ar a month or two ago, but that deal probably expired already. best thing to do is to set up deal alerts on your favorite deals website, i was able to find plenty of stuff that i needed for cheap this way.

I second that. I once got one of those mini to micro usb converters so I could use an old Moto car charger.

That converter destroyed my Blackberry's micro usb port. I could not charge or sync with a PC ever again - all because I got a crap $1 converter from Meritline. They acknowledged that batch of converters was bad and all they did was give me a $5 credit.

I had to live with that device for another yr.

Please always get a good charger folks.

I got some HTC OEM stuff from all4celluar the other week. I was actually expecting the ext-USB cable as I check the part numbers, but they sent some HTC OEM mirco usb cable. Not really disappointed as the stuff is all HTC OEM and excellent quality,

Here is the link.

HTC micro-USB Power Charger - $4.95

I should of order this - the extusb data cable

HTC Mini ExtUSB Data Cable (EMU) - $2.49

I order some of these as well

HTC USB Car Chargers - As Low As $2.45

I ordered monocable microusb charger for 1 dollar. It works but seems cheaply made..

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    If you're crazy we're both on the way to the looney bin. I have ext battery with case and belt clip from VZ. And I'm liking it.
    Can you pick me up on the way?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Thanks Tiberius72!

Do you know how long that miniUSB cable is? It doesnt say.

I'm thinking about buying one of these and, wanted to know how is the battery life with the ICS update?

I completely understand I like it 2, it let's u knw ur phone is still on u but I dnt like when I'm laying in my back and holding it then tha weight becomes bothersome
    I ramble...alot, but not rii now cuz u read'n this.....

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by tooter123 View Post
    I'm thinking about buying one of these and, wanted to know how is the battery life with the ICS update?
    While it depends on the user and a few other factors... I saw a marked increase in my battery life once I was on ICS.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Hope this doesn't sound as a "neener, neener" type post but what's your screen-on time like? I easily get 2+ hours with fairly heavy use, and on a regular basis get about 3+ hours and can push nearly 2 days of standby time with light usage. I am currently running the latest leaked global RUU radios and Vigor360 rom, stripped clean of Rosie, HTC lockscreen and some other HTC bloat in favor of Apex Launcher w/ the stock ICS lockscreen. This week I intend to start trying different kernels and undervolting/underclocking to see how much more I can squeeze out of this thing. Know some folks who were somehow able to hit around 5 hrs of screen-on time (crazy!) ...AOSP and AOKP look interesting too now that 95% of the bugs seem to be squashed.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Rezound with extended battery from Big Red = 1.5 days for me on battery. Without turning anything off
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    Stock

My screen is always using anywhere from 88% to 95% power. It sucks... literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Rezound with extended battery from Big Red = 1.5 days for me on battery. Without turning anything off
    Can you give a little more info on this battery? is it the same size as the stock?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast