jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
App hacked to steam hd (found at xda) Works and looks great on 720p screens (rezound/galaxy nexus) but will not fill the entire screen of lower resolution devices. Download: http://db.tt/5vazePpn

You don't need to be rooted. Just download and install.

The market app will not stream in hd.

Rootzound

Last edited:

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Why would anyone do this when all you need to do is just download the Netflix app to your Rezound?

Am I missing something? does this bypass the $8/month?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty sweet, screens even nicer than I thought it would be. Heck, it's worth rooting a Rez just for this alone. It's nice to know the Razr and GN users can't hang this like a carrot over our heads anymore.

The netflix app is in the market right?

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Netflix from the marked doesn't stream in hd, this does. Just because you have an hd screen doesn't mean all the media on you phone is in high definition.

Netflix never had a reason to stream hd, not many devices have hd screens.

Rootzound

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The netflix app is in the market right?

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

No, the market app. for Netflix didn't play HD content back when I signed up. On the Rezound, it's cuz the S3 didn't subject itself to some security requirement required by Netflix, strangely the S4 just met the OpenCert qualification though. This is Netdlix HD in 720p ike the Galaxy Nexus and Moto Razr have access to. It's not a cheat or theft, if you don't have a subscription to the service, you neeed to register for it in the market or online to use it.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
You should also note that if you're currently watching the original star trek, it probably wasn't recorded in hd. Lol try something newer.

Rootzound

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
What is a good HD movie to stream? I've tried 3 of some 2011 HD movies and it doesnt look as sharp and crisp as the 2 music videos on the SD Card

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Works, but it keeps bugging me to update in the Android Market which I am sure will revert me back to the non-high definition version of the app.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Works, but it keeps bugging me to update in the Android Market which I am sure will revert me back to the non-high definition version of the app.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.
Do you actually see the HD quality? On mine it works but the picture quality is not HD the outline of the people or artifacts looks kind of fuzzy. Any one else ?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34