1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rezound stuck on 1.00.605.x software

My daughter just got a brand new rezound, only a week old and no software updates show up on the phone. Verizon was of no help on the issue and wanted to send out a refurb alreadyy. Is there any way to force the phone to update to latest version? I have factory reset, wiped cache partition, all the usual stuff and nothing will force the phone to see any update. Read online that to get the latest 2.x version the phone needed to be at 1.02.605.6 which am not able to find anywhere online either. Wondered if I could manually get one upgrade to run maybe it would then run OTA.

Hitting check new says no updates, hitting status just shows Verizon Wireless with code 0.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Since phone is only a week old could return it and exchange it out but worried will have the exact same issue.

Thank you.

I've seen the RUU of the latest version floating around somewhere. That might be your best bet. I know with the Incredible it was as easy as plugging in to the computer and running the exe file, but I got tired of messing with phones, and haven't dove in to anything on the rezound yet.

Default Re: Rezound stuck on 1.00.605.x software

If she hasn't had it 14 days, go to the Verizon store and make them give her a new phone. That's what the 14 day trial period is for. After 14 days you get the refurb.

Default Re: Rezound stuck on 1.00.605.x software

I wouldn't worry about it at this point. Big Red may have paused the OTA due to the battery life (and other) complaints. You may be better off without it until Verizon gets the bugs worked out.