Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 100
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    I have a RAZR and Rezound so when I get a hold of my RAZR again I will try to look at Netflix or something on both phones to see which I prefer.

    Already when I was looking at Netflix outside...I put down my Rezound and picked up my RAZR, so the RAZR's screen does has some good points. I can already tell you I prefer the colors and blacks on my RAZR. Will see how much of a difference that ppi makes for video viewing to me.
  2. #52  
    xxfallacyxx's Avatar
    Bearded

    Posts
    744 Posts
    ROM
    Business Sense ICS

    Default Re: Decision Made

    The only problem with the Rezound is we don't have a true HD netflix app from the market, rather we have to go about another way of getting it. There should be another thread on the forum about it.
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    The only problem with the Rezound is we don't have a true HD netflix app from the market, rather we have to go about another way of getting it. There should be another thread on the forum about it.
    As I understand it, you're unlikely to see Netflix HD in the market for any device sporting Qualcommms S3. Netflix won't support a device if it doean't meet their security standards. I believe they passed the parameters and recieved opencert approval for the upcoming S4, not that long ago. So the hack is the only version we'll see.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    You're right man, what can I say. I have no argument against the 25 gram (0.89oz) difference in weight between the RAZR MAXX and the Rezound. What can I say, it's probably only because I go to the gym that such a difference doesn't matter to me.

    If you've made your decision, why are you still here trying to justify it? Go buy and enjoy the phone and the RAZR MAXX forum.

    Also upon second thought I realize that the sarcasm in the beginning of my post probably carried on into the second half of my post, in which I was being serious. I do hope you enjoy the phone, and the RAZR MAXX forum. I see no reason for this discussion to continue.
    That's what I told him 4 pages ago and your response was "Not helpful guys..."

    Told ya then and telling you now, by posting here he doesn't want help he's just "trolling" and seeing who he can hook.

    I do it all the time out on the lake. Even use a trolling motor.
  5. #55  
    xxfallacyxx's Avatar
    Bearded

    Posts
    744 Posts
    ROM
    Business Sense ICS

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Yea, but I gave it a shot using facts :P
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    Yea, but I gave it a shot using facts :P
    Yea, but I knew it wouldn't do any good and wasn't worth the effort.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    That's what I told him 4 pages ago and your response was "Not helpful guys..."

    Told ya then and telling you now, by posting here he doesn't want help he's just "trolling" and seeing who he can hook.

    I do it all the time out on the lake. Even use a trolling motor.
    Are you 6 years old, rootbrain? So, you falsely classify me as a 'troll' on here and trying to 'hook' people, but the you go and start a BS thread on the MAXX forums saying "Decision Made" that you purchased your Rezound a month ago, basically to just do the same there?

    Seriously dude, you should probably get a hobby or something.

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    LOL!

    It's true, what goes around comes around.

    Let's see how many pages it gets to.

    Or perhaps since both threads are basic BS they can be locked, and we can all be happy with what we have?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    LOL!

    It's true, what goes around comes around.

    Let's see how many pages it gets to.

    Or perhaps since both threads are basic BS they can be locked, and we can all be happy with what we have?
    Sorry, did I say 6 years old? I meant 4 years old. Sorry if I offended you.

    I was on this forum for a while, as I was set on getting the Rezound (though a troll like yourself probably didn't notice my other posts in other threads). But, after a while, I decided to go with the MAXX, and this thread was to state my reasons why I was getting the MAXX over the Rezound (which is relative to the Rezound, as it may help others make a decision). Your thread on the MAXX forum is because you think you're the forum comedian, and is not relative to the MAXX at all (aside from you adding in 'Moto Sux' at the end, which I think we can all agree, is as mature/adult as it gets).

    But you'll get your wish. I'll leave this forum and not return. Because that's how message boards should be. Telling people that if they don't add to the part of the discussion you agree with to go away. So, feel free to get the final word here (I'm sure you will). As long as it makes you feel any better about your phone decision, go right ahead.

    Peace all! Enjoy your Rezounds!

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  10. #60  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Decision Made

    I'm assuming MA2GA28's intention was to either start a flame war, troll for lulz, or just try to "conquer" some of those on the fence.
    I mean, what reaction is expected from going to a board about the Rezound, and claiming that the Razr is better. All of the strong points of the Rezound were met with:
    "Well, it's a small difference."
    "It's negligible"
    "It's not too important to me."

    Yadda yadda yadaa until the end of time.
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Since he proclaims 'decision made' provocatively in the original post in this thread there really is no discussion. And this is a discussion board. So for the word 'troll' to be directed toward him is somewhat understandable given the content of the OP and absence of any issue, problem, or question that is posed for discussion. Seriously dude, you should probably get some thicker skin if you are just interested in hashing over your own biases and adding nothing but red meat to be chomped at.
  12. #62  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Sorry, did I say 6 years old? I meant 4 years old. Sorry if I offended you.

    I was on this forum for a while, as I was set on getting the Rezound (though a troll like yourself probably didn't notice my other posts in other threads). But, after a while, I decided to go with the MAXX, and this thread was to state my reasons why I was getting the MAXX over the Rezound (which is relative to the Rezound, as it may help others make a decision). Your thread on the MAXX forum is because you think you're the forum comedian, and is not relative to the MAXX at all (aside from you adding in 'Moto Sux' at the end, which I think we can all agree, is as mature/adult as it gets).

    But you'll get your wish. I'll leave this forum and not return. Because that's how message boards should be. Telling people that if they don't add to the part of the discussion you agree with to go away. So, feel free to get the final word here (I'm sure you will). As long as it makes you feel any better about your phone decision, go right ahead.

    Peace all! Enjoy your Rezounds!
    OK here's my last word, LMAO.

    And I've always felt very good about my Rezound decision. That's why I don't (or didn't, LOL) feel the need to post of the MAXX forum (until today, LOL again).

    Enjoy your phone. It's the Droid you were looking for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Decision Made-star-wars-shut-yo-mouth.jpg  
  13. #63  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post

    Screen - Yes, the Rezound is better. But, honestly, is there a true NEED for 720p HD on a smartphone? On TVs (and I'll even say on Tablets and computers), yes, SD to HD is a definite benefit for all. But, with such a small screen, there is really no TRUE need, for me, to have the HD screen (I watch minimal TV/movies on my phone, typically just on trips/vacations). Just because it can be done doesn't mean it has to be done. I do have minimal burn-in concerns on the MAXX, but from what I've read, its more of a temporary ghosting than actual burn-in. I know of ways to fix that. And, Gorilla Glass...nothing wrong there.
    So are you saying that 720p HD is good for a tablet? I have a 10" tablet with 1024x768, not exactly 720p, but not too far off, and I can tell you that personally, I can see an advantage to going to a higher resolution on a tablet, since the screen on my Rezound is way sharper than my tablet. Granted, I only paid $120 for my tablet, so I'm not really complaining about it, considering the price I paid, but if I were to pay over $800 for a tablet as a current premium tablet is priced at, then I probably would complain more about the resolution. There are rumors that upcoming tablet will be qxga, which is substantially higher than 1080p full hd, but of course, that is just rumors. qxga, btw, is more than 3 times the resolution of 720p hd.
    Last edited by dpham00; 02-16-2012 at 11:52 PM.
  14. #64  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    I have a RAZR and Rezound so when I get a hold of my RAZR again I will try to look at Netflix or something on both phones to see which I prefer.

    Already when I was looking at Netflix outside...I put down my Rezound and picked up my RAZR, so the RAZR's screen does has some good points. I can already tell you I prefer the colors and blacks on my RAZR. Will see how much of a difference that ppi makes for video viewing to me.
    So after a few posts on the previous pages about screen specs and tech...I said a few months ago I was gonna come back with my opinion. I finally have both phones up n running side by side. Long story short, Rezound 1 got stolen; was on the verge of exchanging it and/or the sim card. Have Rezound #2 and new sim card.

    I like Netflix better on my RAZR. Looked at The Ghost of Mars on both phones. The Rezound....it seems like the contrast or brightness is off key. The blacks look better on my RAZR...and I just like the colors better on my RAZR. The sharpness of the Rezound made zero difference on Netflix. I'm on wifi. Just looked at The Lincoln Lawyer for a more up to date movie....still prefer it on my RAZR.

    No matter what the specs say, what .....you...like will determine if you like it or not...not the specs.

    Another thing I noticed about the Rezound screen....its like an actual mirror. Thats probably one reason why its so hard to use outdoors.
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    So after a few posts on the previous pages about screen specs and tech...I said a few months ago I was gonna come back with my opinion. I finally have both phones up n running side by side. Long story short, Rezound 1 got stolen; was on the verge of exchanging it and/or the sim card. Have Rezound #2 and new sim card.

    I like Netflix better on my RAZR. Looked at The Ghost of Mars on both phones. The Rezound....it seems like the contrast or brightness is off key. The blacks look better on my RAZR...and I just like the colors better on my RAZR. The sharpness of the Rezound made zero difference on Netflix. I'm on wifi. Just looked at The Lincoln Lawyer for a more up to date movie....still prefer it on my RAZR.

    No matter what the specs say, what .....you...like will determine if you like it or not...not the specs.

    Another thing I noticed about the Rezound screen....its like an actual mirror. Thats probably one reason why its so hard to use outdoors.
    Are you running ICS or GB on your Rezound? Is it stock or rooted?
  16. #66  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default

    op,

    It's funny how you listed all these that are better on the resound, but you didn't name any features that are better on the max.

    And how do you compare the max screen to no hd. You can actually see the individual pixels on the max. I could never stand that screen.

    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Are you running ICS or GB on your Rezound? Is it stock or rooted?
    GB and absolutely stock. I have never rooted either of my Rezounds. I posted this cuz I said I was gonna come back with my opinion. Its all a matter of preference. My Rezound is brighter and has better whites than my RAZR. But that doesnt really matter to me. I know some ppl might prefer the better whites and better brightness.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    op,

    It's funny how you listed all these that are better on the resound, but you didn't name any features that are better on the max.

    And how do you compare the max screen to no hd. You can actually see the individual pixels on the max. I could never stand that screen.

    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
    If you read the post, I said I would address the perks of the Rezound and why they didn't affect my decision, not compare best features of both. But, since you asked, features on the Maxx that beat Rezound:

    - Battery Life
    - No Sense weighing things down
    - Pocketability. Rezound's bulkiness is a turnoff.
    - Battery life (worth mentioning again).
    - Better Colors and Contrast
    - Easy to see screen in full sunlight
    - Based on forums, appears to be more issues with the Rezound (x2 if you consider how poorly it has sold vs. the Maxx).
    - MicroHDMI
    - Moto car dock FTW


    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    If you read the post, I said I would address the perks of the Rezound and why they didn't affect my decision, not compare best features of both. But, since you asked, features on the Maxx that beat Rezound:

    - Battery Life
    - No Sense weighing things down
    - Pocketability. Rezound's bulkiness is a turnoff.
    - Battery life (worth mentioning again).
    - Better Colors and Contrast
    - Easy to see screen in full sunlight
    - Based on forums, appears to be more issues with the Rezound (x2 if you consider how poorly it has sold vs. the Maxx).
    - MicroHDMI
    - Moto car dock FTW


    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Rezound bulkiness? I have extended battery and a case and the thing still fits in shirt, coat or pants pocket. No it won't fit in the tiny side pocket of my painters pants, so?

    The RAZR and RAZR MAXX both felt "flimsy" meaning if I put them in a pants pocket I felt that if I sat down and forgot the thing would snap in two.
  20. #70  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    I dont know about the Maxx since its thicker than the RAZR...but I do like the feel in hand of the Rezound more than the RAZR. Its almost too thin. I also liked the feel in hand of the G Nex more than the RAZR.

    That said...I like that the RAZR feels lighter than my Rezound..lol. The G Nex felt also lighter than my Rezound.

    With probably every phone under the sun...we all will find things we like or dont like with each and every one. Whichever phone you got...works great for you? Thats all that matters. I just try to give as fair and as unbiased views as possible with the phones I have actual experience using. With most things that are preference: screen, smoothness, etc...it isnt as great or as bad as some of us make it.

    Overall...I just dont like the Rezound compared to my RAZR. The issues I had with my Rezounds didnt help..Doesn't mean one is better than the other. Just means one or other phones is better for you.
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    GB and absolutely stock. I have never rooted either of my Rezounds. I posted this cuz I said I was gonna come back with my opinion. Its all a matter of preference. My Rezound is brighter and has better whites than my RAZR. But that doesnt really matter to me. I know some ppl might prefer the better whites and better brightness.
    That's what i suspected. Razr can play Netflix HD content and unless, your running an ICS 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 rom, the Rezound cannot partake in Netflix HD b/c Qualcomm didn't meet security certification on devices running GB. It's just standard 480p resolution. However, Qualcomm did get cerification on ICS. You can't compare the two until you see them both running in HD. It's nice on the Razr & GNex but Netflix iis much darker in play mode on those phones, compared to the Rezound. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just noticeable.
    jroc likes this.
  22. #72  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    That's what i suspected. Razr can play Netflix HD content and unless, your running an ICS 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 rom, the Rezound cannot partake in Netflix HD b/c Qualcomm didn't meet security certification on devices running GB. It's just standard 480p resolution. However, Qualcomm did get cerification on ICS. You can't compare the two until you see them both running in HD. It's nice on the Razr & GNex but Netflix iis much darker in play mode on those phones, compared to the Rezound. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just noticeable.
    Thats interesting. Something I didnt know..

    So I guess I will hold on to my Rezound a wee bit longer then until ICS comes to it. And yea...it is darker on my RAZR.
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Thats interesting. Something I didnt know..

    So I guess I will hold on to my Rezound a wee bit longer then until ICS comes to it. And yea...it is darker on my RAZR.
    I'm still on 4.0.2 b/c the tricky part is the Netflix had to be modded to access HD content. I don't believe the GPlay version will ever play HD on the Rezound b/c it used the S3 and the S4 was given certification. The version I'm talking about is a dev mod. It worked w/ ICS until Google dropped 4.0.3. Something in that update killed it and I don't believe it's been circumvented, yet. Thankfully, it still works with the previous updates.
  24. #74  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    If you read the post, I said I would address the perks of the Rezound and why they didn't affect my decision, not compare best features of both. But, since you asked, features on the Maxx that beat Rezound:

    - Battery Life
    - No Sense weighing things down
    - Pocketability. Rezound's bulkiness is a turnoff.
    - Battery life (worth mentioning again).
    - Better Colors and Contrast
    - Easy to see screen in full sunlight
    - Based on forums, appears to be more issues with the Rezound (x2 if you consider how poorly it has sold vs. the Maxx).
    - MicroHDMI
    - Moto car dock FTW


    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    -Battery life is useless to me because I can get 30 hours on my device. Even if the maxx migt offer more.I have no need or want for that.
    -no sense, but doesn't maxx have motoblur which I've heard is the absolute worst?
    -razr is definitely thinner, never compared thinness with rezound and maxx though.
    -better colors and contrast? You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better but the razr screen was universally reviewed poorly. Pentile screens are a step backwards in technology. You shouldn't use any screen characteristics in this post as there oant a single one where it outperforms the rezound. Fail.
    -issues? Not a single one. And coming from a Samsung device, I know issues. This phone is rock solid. Wrong.
    -rezound has hdmi out also.
    -rezound also has car dock and I have it. Works awesome.

    Seems like op didn't do his/her homework. Instead, chose the more popular phone based on advertising. FAIL. I'm glad I did my research. A great phone with amazing screen is more important to me than popularity (if that was the case I would have an iPhone) or overall phone thickness.

    Good luck with your thin phone! Hoe it doesn't break


    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    -Battery life is useless to me because I can get 30 hours on my device. Even if the maxx migt offer more.I have no need or want for that.
    -no sense, but doesn't maxx have motoblur which I've heard is the absolute worst?
    -razr is definitely thinner, never compared thinness with rezound and maxx though.
    -better colors and contrast? You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better but the razr screen was universally reviewed poorly. Pentile screens are a step backwards in technology. You shouldn't use any screen characteristics in this post as there oant a single one where it outperforms the rezound. Fail.
    -issues? Not a single one. And coming from a Samsung device, I know issues. This phone is rock solid. Wrong.
    -rezound has hdmi out also.
    -rezound also has car dock and I have it. Works awesome.

    Seems like op didn't do his/her homework. Instead, chose the more popular phone based on advertising. FAIL. I'm glad I did my research. A great phone with amazing screen is more important to me than popularity (if that was the case I would have an iPhone) or overall phone thickness.

    Good luck with your thin phone! Hoe it doesn't break


    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
    Oh, you have an HDMI out, or do you need an adapter? And no issues? So your stock battery was amazing, you battery door doesn't creak, and you never had an issue with long boot times? And I assume the Maxx is a hell of a lot thinner than the Rezound with a massive wart, I mean, extended battery. Have you used the Moto UI? No? That's what I thought. And show me the UNIVERSAL poor screen reviews for the Maxx. How bright do you leave your awesome screen? Mine is 80 to 100% and I get 45 to 60 hours on a charge, with 20% left, unrooted. I can take a weekend trip, forget a charger, and be fine with my Maxx. Good luck doing that with the Rezound.

    Maxx, unrooted, loving it.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B