Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 100 of 100
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Oh, you have an HDMI out, or do you need an adapter? And no issues? So your stock battery was amazing, you battery door doesn't creak, and you never had an issue with long boot times? And I assume the Maxx is a hell of a lot thinner than the Rezound with a massive wart, I mean, extended battery. Have you used the Moto UI? No? That's what I thought. And show me the UNIVERSAL poor screen reviews for the Maxx. How bright do you leave your awesome screen? Mine is 80 to 100% and I get 45 to 60 hours on a charge, with 20% left, unrooted. I can take a weekend trip, forget a charger, and be fine with my Maxx. Good luck doing that with the Rezound.

    Maxx, unrooted, loving it.

    [HL]Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2[/HL]
    Can you explain the "long boot time" reference. I'm puzzled b/c mine boots up quicker than any other phone I've ever seen? Since rooting doesn't sound like it's on your to do list. Do you prefer thei look & feel of Motoblur over Sense?

    P.S. I see you love the Maxx so much you can't put it down, er wait..... j/k, I'd be on a tablet if I had one.
  2. #77  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Can you explain the "long boot time" reference. I'm puzzled b/c mine boots up quicker than any other phone I've ever seen? Since rooting doesn't sound like it's on your to do list. Do you prefer thei look & feel of Motoblur over Sense?

    P.S. I see you love the Maxx so much you can't put it down, er wait..... j/k, I'd be on a tablet if I had one.
    Definitely uses tablet more than the Maxx to get 45 to 60 hrs on a charge. Average usage with out playing temple run I can get between 18 to 24 hrs with my Maxx. If I play some temple run and use it aggressive I get 10 to 14 hrs.
  3. #78  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Definitely uses tablet more than the Maxx to get 45 to 60 hrs on a charge. Average usage with out playing temple run I can get between 18 to 24 hrs with my Maxx. If I play some temple run and use it aggressive I get 10 to 14 hrs.
    That's quite an interesting little battery diorama. What's the usage dispersal for you on an aggressive battery cycle on the Maxx?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default

    He posted in another thread about his boot time being up to 5 minutes. One of the issues he's obviously never had.

    As for battery life, I am on wifi most of the day typically, but even on a recent trip with no wifi at all (just strong 4g) I was getting 30+ hours on a charge. I consider myself a moderate user, w/ FB, foursquare, twitter, text, Pandora, some map use, games, and screen never below 80%. Calls are minimal, but do average about 10 min per cycle.

    And I don't use Tapa on my phone for posting, just for reading. Too much of a PITA to type posts.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  5. #80  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    That's quite an interesting little battery diorama. What's the usage dispersal for you on an aggressive battery cycle on the Maxx?
    A couple hrs temple run, angry birds solitaire. Navigation, travel every day. Spend a lot of time on twitter, Facebook ( juggle between Maxx and rezound). Pandora through car stereo. Business calls. I use my Rezound for personal calls. If you can get 45 to 60 hrs out of the maxx you should get 23 to 30 hrs out of the standard razr. I dont see it on either phone unless you dont use it.
    P.S. I have never had long boot times on my Rezound. Not as fast as my Maxx but not by much. Never have noticed squeaky backs on the rezounds we have either. I suppose before I say that I better ask the rest of the family about that. My bionics always squeaked.
  6. #81  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    He posted in another thread about his boot time being up to 5 minutes. One of the issues he's obviously never had.

    As for battery life, I am on wifi most of the day typically, but even on a recent trip with no wifi at all (just strong 4g) I was getting 30+ hours on a charge. I consider myself a moderate user, w/ FB, foursquare, twitter, text, Pandora, some map use, games, and screen never below 80%. Calls are minimal, but do average about 10 min per cycle.

    And I don't use Tapa on my phone for posting, just for reading. Too much of a PITA to type posts.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry, I thought it was your "boot" reference. Still confused about who had that experience on the Rez, oh well. What about the skin battle, Motoblur vs Sense, which UI takes it in your .02?
  7. #82  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    He posted in another thread about his boot time being up to 5 minutes. One of the issues he's obviously never had.

    As for battery life, I am on wifi most of the day typically, but even on a recent trip with no wifi at all (just strong 4g) I was getting 30+ hours on a charge. I consider myself a moderate user, w/ FB, foursquare, twitter, text, Pandora, some map use, games, and screen never below 80%. Calls are minimal, but do average about 10 min per cycle.

    And I don't use Tapa on my phone for posting, just for reading. Too much of a PITA to type posts.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    I hope you don't mean me. I have never had a long boot issue.

    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
  8. #83  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    . And show me the UNIVERSAL poor screen reviews for the Maxx.

    Maxx, unrooted, loving it.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Here is a screen grab from the verge review. Obviously you didn't read the reviews like I do. Told you you didn't do your homework.



    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
  9. #84  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    Here is a screen grab from the verge review. Obviously you didn't read the reviews like I do. Told you you didn't do your homework.

    Click to view quoted image


    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
    That vs. real word use...

    I can tell you as unbiased as possible. The RAZR screen isnt as bad as some ppl made, make it. And I have to agree with MA2. It wasnt universally reviewed poor. The Bionic screen is probably seen more universally poor vs. the RAZR's...and I dont consider that screen as bad as some ppl made, make it. I have never seen my screen look like what you posted.

    I'm speaking as some who has both phones right now, and I also had a G Nex. Real world use....

    I dont think any of us use our phones with the screen magnified, zoomed in as much as posts like that. A better example:



    And even that is zoomed in more than we normally use our phones.

    I said to myself I wasnt gonna post this....but oh well....

    Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    -Battery life is useless to me because I can get 30 hours on my device. Even if the maxx migt offer more.I have no need or want for that.
    I have never, ever heard anyone say they dont need or want better battery life....lol. If you do fine with your Rezound, great. But cmon....lol.

    -no sense, but doesn't maxx have motoblur which I've heard is the absolute worst?
    Hearing about, reading reviews vs. actually trying, real world use is 2 different things. I actually prefer Blur over Sense. Blur has gotten alot better with the release of the Bionic and RAZR. Do like the features and eye candy Sense has tho.

    -razr is definitely thinner, never compared thinness with rezound and maxx though.
    -better colors and contrast? You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better but the razr screen was universally reviewed poorly. Pentile screens are a step backwards in technology. You shouldn't use any screen characteristics in this post as there oant a single one where it outperforms the rezound. Fail.
    I can say with an unbiased view as possible....that the RAZR screen isnt as bad as some make it....even in reviews. And debating about colors and contrast....that will be a never ending debate. Debating preference is a no win situation...no matter what the specs say. I didnt see the RAZR screen universally reviewed poorly. It just wasnt considered better than the G Nex or Rezound. That doesnt necessarily mean its a poor screen.

    The Bionic screen is universally viewed as the best for outdoor viewing right now. Pentile n all. Its also universally considered worse than the RAZR's screen. For...my...use I would consider the Bionic a better fit...for me.... vs. the Rezound. For...my...use. And since I use my phones outside alot....the Bionic will fit me better than the Rezound. I see that already with my RAZR vs my Rezound.

    See in the different forums how many ppl like the RAZR and Bionic screen to understand specs, reviews vs. real world use is always never gonna be equal. Ppl like what they like, regardless of the specs and reviews.

    -issues? Not a single one. And coming from a Samsung device, I know issues. This phone is rock solid. Wrong.
    Seeing as I had 2 Rezounds and they both had the exact same issues....with call quality and data...either HTC or Verizon sim cards need better quality control. And since everyone doesnt live n work in the same areas....some ppl might have no issues...some might. I live n work in a bad reception area...and my Rezound isnt cutting it as an actual phone. Again...either I got 2 bad Rezounds or 2 bad sim cards.

    -rezound has hdmi out also.
    -rezound also has car dock and I have it. Works awesome.
    Seems like op didn't do his/her homework. Instead, chose the more popular phone based on advertising. FAIL. I'm glad I did my research. A great phone with amazing screen is more important to me than popularity (if that was the case I would have an iPhone) or overall phone thickness.

    Good luck with your thin phone! Hoe it doesn't break


    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
    See what I did there.... We all just debating happily along about things we prefer...lol.

    The only fail I see is trying to debate preferences and wants n needs as facts about whats better or the best. Specs? Yea you can debate that as fact...but real word use...not so easy. Forget the specs and reviews.....try real world use. I went above and beyond with my research...I went and got all 3 phones: the G Nex, RAZR and Rezound. Had at least 2 at the same time side by side. Nothing....nothing beats real world use. Every screen and phone has pros n cons. Every one. That hasnt changed in all these years and I dont think it every will. I would love to see the day the perfect phone and screen is made.

    I understand this is the Rezound forum section and ppl will want to defend it. The Rezound isnt perfect, screen and phone. No phone or screen is. I think MA2's post would went over better if he said thats what he prefers...not what beats the Rezound.

    The Droid X vs. Droid X2...in another closer to normal, real world use:

    Left, Droid X2, right Droid X


    Droid X:



    Droid X2:



    Now....an extremely zoomed in image of the same Droid X2 screen:



    Seriously....these Pentile screens arent as bad as some ppl, reviewers included...made it, make it. I also did my homework...lol.
    Last edited by jroc; 04-20-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Thanked by:
    MA2GA28 likes this.
  10. #85  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Oh, you have an HDMI out, or do you need an adapter? And no issues? So your stock battery was amazing, you battery door doesn't creak, and you never had an issue with long boot times? And I assume the Maxx is a hell of a lot thinner than the Rezound with a massive wart, I mean, extended battery. Have you used the Moto UI? No? That's what I thought. And show me the UNIVERSAL poor screen reviews for the Maxx. How bright do you leave your awesome screen? Mine is 80 to 100% and I get 45 to 60 hours on a charge, with 20% left, unrooted. I can take a weekend trip, forget a charger, and be fine with my Maxx. Good luck doing that with the Rezound.

    Maxx, unrooted, loving it.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    As far as the hdmi, yes you need an adapter but I tend to look at and was referring to a phones capability. When I spend 200-300 dollars on a device that I will likely hold for 2 years, I don't cheap our over a $10 adapter.

    No, no issues. Stock battery works just fine. Battery door creak is noticeable sometimes, not always. I guess I don't really consider that an issue. Issues to me are like radios functioning poorly, problems connecting to WiFi, speakers crackling. You know, like usage issues. Again, I have not had a single issue with long boot times, nor have I heard anyone else.

    I've only used the moto UI in the store. I can't really get q feel for it that quickly so I tend to trust the reviewers. Im pretty sure moat reviewers dislike motoblur. Either way, I doubt there is mug difference in like/dislike between sense and motoblur. Both skins that I would rather not have but rooting can solve hat problem if I want...so again, this wasn't an issue for me

    I leave my screen on auto brightness, because it works well. I keep everything syncing all the time. I don't use any "tricks" to get my battery life, just a great phone. Like I said, anything above 30 hours is cake for me. Coming from a device that struggled to get ten, I am completely satisfied with 30.

    By the way, I typed this whole thing at the gym between exercises on my rezound. I guess we can agree the sense keyboard is better than motoblur's.

    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    I hope you don't mean me. I have never had a long boot issue.

    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
    Well, that's a lie. You started a thread, in this forum, on 3/12 saying your reboot time was 3-5 minutes with fastboot on, unless someone hijacked your user name for that thread. And obviously it was enough of an issue for you to ask about it on here. But, if you want to exclude that as an issue as well in order to falsely support your argument that you've NEVER had an issue, that's fine too.
    You say the stock battery works just fine. Is that why you got the extended battery, because usually people buy an extended battery when they're NOT HAPPY with the up time of the stock battery?

    As jroc said, arguing about preferences is stupid, but you turned the conversation by saying I didn't know what I was talking about and questioning my research. I can tell you I probably read more reviews and did more research than most, which includes spending hours in VZW stores playing with each phone (something you obviously haven't done) and actually OWNING a Sense phone previously. You made ridiculous assumptions and passed it off that your decisions were all right/the best. Then, when I question one of your statements, you simply ignore what you actually said ("universally reviewed poorly" does not mean one bad review that creates a non-real world example, fyi) and, again, attack my research as not being as good as yours. If you want to counter the points I make, fine, but to turn it and attack me with assumptions about how uninformed I am, that's just being a dink.

    And regarding the previous post, considering how many spelling and grammatical mistakes are included, you probably shouldn't claim the greatness of the Sense keyboard.

    As for my thoughts on Motoblur vs. Sense, even though Blur got a bad rap in years past, they've really dialed it down and cleaned it up nicely on the Maxx. Sense just got too far away from Android, and has way too many layers that just bog down the phone and its processes. Blur has been thinned and doesn't go to lengths to mask the Android OS underneath. Plus, as I've said, Blur is just snappier than Sense. A friend has the Rezound, and side-by-side, I can tell you even he noticed the difference in just comparing quick tasks (looking up an address in Google Maps, opening Scramble With Friends, loading a webpage, etc.). Sense has just gotten out of hand, and HTC seems to be fine with that as not to lose the identity of their handsets. Moto seems to be more open to letting Android shine through (and with the Google purchase, that will probably go even further in the future).

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  12. #87  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default

    Lol, you are going to use one case as a point against a phone. Grabbing at straws here. I can't look that far back, but I believe that was after I flashed a new Rom or when I first got the rezound as I purchased it off eBay. The person before me had wiped it incorrectly. After a factory reset, phone works perfectly ever since.

    Lolololol. Hahahha. Yes,I'm laughing atyou now.


    As far a the extended battery...like I said got the phone on eBay...it came with an extended battery and a car dock. Jesus. I didn't realize I had to give you my entire rundown. Didn't know you'd be doing.a background check on me.

    Paraphrasing your words here: you don't usr tapatalk on your maxx because it sucks to type on.

    I'm not trying to say you made the wrong decision for you. Maybe those things are important to you. I'm just trying.to show others so they don't make the same mistake you did. See what I did there?


    Rezound, rooted, loving it.
    Last edited by subnaiyo; 04-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Glad you've kept this on an adult level.

    As for typing on my phone, has nothing to do with the particular phone, as I think we can all agree that typing on any phone is not ideal. I text, yes, but posting long board messages from my phone when I can just as easily do it on my computer or Prime is unnecessary.

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  14. #89  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Glad you've kept this on an adult level.

    As for typing on my phone, has nothing to do with the particular phone, as I think we can all agree that typing on any phone is not ideal. I text, yes, but posting long board messages from my phone when I can just as easily do it on my computer or Prime is unnecessary.
    totally justifiable. Apparently, you dont understand that a wink smiley means I'm just giving you a hard time. Lighten up brotha.

    As far as your belief that you provide FACTS and I dont....I think you need to go back a reread your statements. You dont post any facts. One of your "facts" is that the maxx has a better screen than the Rezound. I think that is total BS. You can argue all you want that the maxx screen is OK for you, but I can safely say that the Rezound has a better screen than the Maxx. Its as close to a fact as you can find around here because we can use pixel density to compare. And real world comparisons hold up as well. I mean, you can actually SEE the pixels on the maxx. I haven't seen a pixel since I was using a gameboy.


    You can say whatever you think about me being childish, but I didnt go into a forum where I DONT OWN THE PHONE and tell everyone why another is better than theirs. 99% of this is opinion as has been stated above. But I cant sit back and let someone spew fudged facts.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    totally justifiable. Apparently, you dont understand that a wink smiley means I'm just giving you a hard time. Lighten up brotha.

    As far as your belief that you provide FACTS and I dont....I think you need to go back a reread your statements. You dont post any facts. One of your "facts" is that the maxx has a better screen than the Rezound. I think that is total BS. You can argue all you want that the maxx screen is OK for you, but I can safely say that the Rezound has a better screen than the Maxx. Its as close to a fact as you can find around here because we can use pixel density to compare. And real world comparisons hold up as well. I mean, you can actually SEE the pixels on the maxx. I haven't seen a pixel since I was using a gameboy.


    You can say whatever you think about me being childish, but I didnt go into a forum where I DONT OWN THE PHONE and tell everyone why another is better than theirs. 99% of this is opinion as has been stated above. But I cant sit back and let someone spew fudged facts.
    I never passed my opinion off as facts. I never told someone they were wrong because they didn't agree with my opinions, unlike you've done on a few occasions. Also, if you could, please provide the quote where I said the Maxx screen is better than the Rezound. You'll be looking for a while. If you actually read my original post, I said, quote, "Screen - Yes, the Rezound is better." I actually SAID the Rezound is better. And in my rebuttal to your post, all I said was the colors and contrast were better. Not sure what you're reading.

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  16. #91  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Edit, wrong
    Last edited by subnaiyo; 04-20-2012 at 12:46 PM.
  17. #92  
    piaband's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Also, if you could, please provide the quote where I said the Maxx screen is better than the Rezound. You'll be looking for a while. If you actually read my original post, I said, quote, "Screen - Yes, the Rezound is better." I actually SAID the Rezound is better. And in my rebuttal to your post, all I said was the colors and contrast were better. Not sure what you're reading.
    valid point. I had not remembered your op obviously. sorry.....bets thats the first time anyone ever apologized in a forum. EVER.
  18. #93  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Glad you've kept this on an adult level.

    As for typing on my phone, has nothing to do with the particular phone, as I think we can all agree that typing on any phone is not ideal. I text, yes, but posting long board messages from my phone when I can just as easily do it on my computer or Prime is unnecessary.
    For long typing, I prefer to use a bluetooth keyboard whether on my rezound or touchpad.
  19. #94  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    ......I have never, ever heard anyone say they dont need or want better battery life....lol. If you do fine with your Rezound, great. But cmon....lol.
    Just when you thought you heard it all. Thank God AC didn't go near this one, it's a doozy
    HTC says customers want thin models over more battery life[
    jroc likes this.
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Just when you thought you heard it all. Thank God AC didn't go near this one, it's a doozy
    HTC says customers want thin models over more battery life[
    dang, i thought all of the fashion conscious folks where using iPhones...

    I have to say, I will really consider my options if HTC doesn't release a high end smartphone without a removable battery.
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    MA2GA28 stop trolling. you bought your phone and are happy with it. If I went into another phone forum stating my decision to not buy the phone who's forum I was in I would expect some backlash.

    People will want to defend their decisions which is why the rezound community jumped to the rezounds defense and you jumped to the razr's defense.

    If you want to keep on with your foolishness up your "moderate usage" to heavy and start watching Maurey, Springer and whatever other drama inducing non-sense you can stream on your phone.
  22. #97  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    dang, i thought all of the fashion conscious folks where using iPhones...

    I have to say, I will really consider my options if HTC doesn't release a high end smartphone without a removable battery.
    I believe I found a reenactment of the HTC survey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Decision Made-poo-28215.jpg  
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Just when you thought you heard it all. Thank God AC didn't go near this one, it's a doozy
    HTC says customers want thin models over more battery life[
    lol... Yea I saw that and forgot ALL about it. Amazing....lol. I forgot some ppl see phones as a fashion statement. If the RAZR had terrible battery life overall, I wouldnt have one. One of the first things a research is battery life and reception. Everything else comes 2nd for me.

    Thats one reason I still hold on to my Rezound. For a big screen phone with that screen and running at 1.5Ghz...it has decent battery life. I might root it and underclock it to get even better battery life.

    Might do the custom ROM thing for even better battery life.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: Decision Made

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    lol... Yea I saw that and forgot ALL about it. Amazing....lol. I forgot some ppl see phones as a fashion statement. If the RAZR had terrible battery life overall, I wouldnt have one. One of the first things a research is battery life and reception. Everything else comes 2nd for me.

    Thats one reason I still hold on to my Rezound. For a big screen phone with that screen and running at 1.5Ghz...it has decent battery life. I might root it and underclock it to get even better battery life.

    Might do the custom ROM thing for even better battery life.
    You definitely should root if your comfortable with it. Even if you throw on something simple like CleanRom, it'll definitely perk up battery life and rid your life of some other annoyances they threw on it before you bought it.
  25. #100  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    You definitely should root if your comfortable with it. Even if you throw on something simple like CleanRom, it'll definitely perk up battery life and rid your life of some other annoyances they threw on it before you bought it.
    I'm comfortable. Its just that since the GB update for the Droid X1, owning the g nex, RAZR and Rezound...I haven't felt the want or need to root or do ROMs. I rooted my RAZR but haven't my Rezound yet.

    Android getting better, updates to the custom UI's, the hardware getting better....I'm just content with my phones as is. I was on the verge of putting ics on my RAZR. I may do some stuff to my Rezound. At least underclock it.

    I started with the Droid 1 in 2010. Ran so many ROMs on it...lol. I had to throw some old ones away. Anything before Froyo.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions