Decision Made

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love when people complain about the size of the phone.

The 1980s are calling, they say suck it up:

Click to view quoted image

When did a candy bar phone become too big to fit in a pocket? I suppose complaining about the size of a cartoon of cigarettes is prudent now as well. Or the packs of chewing gum these days!

I suppose it's in the name of consumerism and fashion. Can't understand that stuff myself, I purchased the phone on it's technical merits knowing that a smart phone will not have the kind of battery life the dumb phones of yesteryear had until there is significant improvement in battery technology. Then again, a few tweaks and I get a full 24 hours use out of the Rezound. In the end, I guess the OP has made their decision and we can let the thread die.

A phone with that kind of battery life in a small form factor has come along, and it's not the one you bought. But, what you're saying is that as long as the features were better, you'd buy a phone that's this size (it will fit in your pocket, and isn't as big as those early 80's phones):

RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones

And don't say, "We're talking about minor differences, not a major weight/size difference," as some of you are nit-picking over 'minor' differences in screen resolution and camera performance, which you claim are 'major' differences.

And you can argue all you want, but phone weight and size does matter. Even HTC in their quarterly report noted that they are falling behind on form-factor and battery life of their cell phones, thus why they're creating that new 'task force' to improve on that. So you can argue til you're blue in the face that phone size doesn't matter, but it doesn't mean you're right.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You're right man, what can I say. I have no argument against the 25 gram (0.89oz) difference in weight between the RAZR MAXX and the Rezound. What can I say, it's probably only because I go to the gym that such a difference doesn't matter to me.

If you've made your decision, why are you still here trying to justify it? Go buy and enjoy the phone and the RAZR MAXX forum.

Also upon second thought I realize that the sarcasm in the beginning of my post probably carried on into the second half of my post, in which I was being serious. I do hope you enjoy the phone, and the RAZR MAXX forum. I see no reason for this discussion to continue.

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
And don't say, "We're talking about minor differences, not a major weight/size difference," as some of you are nit-picking over 'minor' differences in screen resolution and camera performance, which you claim are 'major' differences.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Screen resolution is a minor difference?
Yeah, nah. People don't buy new TVs for no reason, or see movies in the theater/Imax screens for no reason. Even Moto, as pathetic as their screens may be, are increasing their resolution into "qhd" territory.
I understand you want to defend your choice, but you're not turning anyone's opinion by denying HD greatness.
As for size, who really, honestly, actually cares about millimeters in difference? I mean, seriously, we're not measuring our wieners, here.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
And you can argue all you want, but phone weight and size does matter.

Correct, but only in the eyes and hand of an individual. You think your talking a size and weight issue when the real issue is battery form factor. That's the only upside for the Maxx battery wise.

Even HTC in their quarterly report noted that they are falling behind on form-factor and battery life of their cell phones, thus why they're creating that new 'task force' to improve on that.

User complaints prompted the "task force" statement. They continue releasing guzzlers w/ undersized batteries on LTE, knowing similiar battery mah sucked on 4g presdcessors. Then force the usage of extended batts. aftermarket, costing users more $$. When they should just incorporate more mah on the stock battery.

So you can argue til you're blue in the face that phone size doesn't matter, but it doesn't mean you're right.

It doesn't male you wrong, either.

BTW, If you think the stock Maxx and it's 3300 mah battery is going to blow a debloated, Sense free UI, Rezound running a stock ICS ROM, a 2650mah battery, w/ conservative battery settings, clean out of the water. You're in for a wtf? moment. Enjoy your Maxx, aside from an abyssmal camera, it's a great Moto offering.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Screen resolution is a minor difference?
Yeah, nah. People don't buy new TVs for no reason, or see movies in the theater/Imax screens for no reason. Even Moto, as pathetic as their screens may be, are increasing their resolution into "qhd" territory.
I understand you want to defend your choice, but you're not turning anyone's opinion by denying HD greatness.
As for size, who really, honestly, actually cares about millimeters in difference? I mean, seriously, we're not measuring our wieners, here.

I didn't mean in general. I meant small differences, like between the MAXX and Rezound. With a screen so small, and assuming you won't be holding it closer than a foot from your face, you'd be hard-pressed to notice much of a difference in resolution between the two screens. It'd be like trying to compare a 32 inch TV with 720p v. 1080p. Unless you are looking/viewing at a distance a lot closer than most people watch TV, the difference is negligible. Is one better than the other? Yes. But, at that screen size and normal viewing difference does it matter? No. Any expert in the field would not argue that point. The same goes with phones.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't mean in general. I meant small differences, like between the MAXX and Rezound. With a screen so small, and assuming you won't be holding it closer than a foot from your face, you'd be hard-pressed to notice much of a difference in resolution between the two screens. It'd be like trying to compare a 32 inch TV with 720p v. 1080p. Unless you are looking/viewing at a distance a lot closer than most people watch TV, the difference is negligible. Is one better than the other? Yes. But, at that screen size and normal viewing difference does it matter? No. Any expert in the field would not argue that point. The same goes with phones.

We're not just talking resolution. We're talking ppi as well.
I understand where you're coming from, trust me. But if you take a video you recorded or downloaded and watch it on the Rezound and on the RAZR, you're gonna notice the difference, without a doubt.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I have used the droid bionic which has a qHD screen, and i can tell you, I personally can easily tell the difference between qHD and HD. Of course, resolution depends on each person, some don't care, some think that it is important. I have a 26" higher than full hd monitor at home and the screen isn't as sharp as my Rezound.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
We're not just talking resolution. We're talking ppi as well.
I understand where you're coming from, trust me. But if you take a video you recorded or downloaded and watch it on the Rezound and on the RAZR, you're gonna notice the difference, without a doubt.

Maybe the op is one of those people who does not care too much about resolution and sharpness. I know people who use lcd monitors at less than optimal resolution, and the text looks so blurry to me, but they seem happy and didn't want me to change the resolution.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the op is one of those people who does not care too much about resolution and sharpness. I know people who use lcd monitors at less than optimal resolution, and the text looks so blurry to me, but they seem happy and didn't want me to change the resolution.

It's absolutely true, but personal opinion/tolerance doesn't change the fact that the Rezound's screen has a ppi rating of 342, vs the RAZR MAXX's rating of 256. The Rezound produces visibly clearer images and video than the RAZR.

This is of course all dependent upon the source video file, which if not up to HD snuff you're not really going to notice a difference at that point. The biggest impact the screen differences will have is most likely going to be in captured picture and video viewing, if you use your phone for that regularly.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a RAZR and Rezound so when I get a hold of my RAZR again I will try to look at Netflix or something on both phones to see which I prefer.

Already when I was looking at Netflix outside...I put down my Rezound and picked up my RAZR, so the RAZR's screen does has some good points. I can already tell you I prefer the colors and blacks on my RAZR. Will see how much of a difference that ppi makes for video viewing to me.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The only problem with the Rezound is we don't have a true HD netflix app from the market, rather we have to go about another way of getting it. There should be another thread on the forum about it.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The only problem with the Rezound is we don't have a true HD netflix app from the market, rather we have to go about another way of getting it. There should be another thread on the forum about it.

As I understand it, you're unlikely to see Netflix HD in the market for any device sporting Qualcommms S3. Netflix won't support a device if it doean't meet their security standards. I believe they passed the parameters and recieved opencert approval for the upcoming S4, not that long ago. So the hack is the only version we'll see.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You're right man, what can I say. I have no argument against the 25 gram (0.89oz) difference in weight between the RAZR MAXX and the Rezound. What can I say, it's probably only because I go to the gym that such a difference doesn't matter to me.

If you've made your decision, why are you still here trying to justify it? Go buy and enjoy the phone and the RAZR MAXX forum.

Also upon second thought I realize that the sarcasm in the beginning of my post probably carried on into the second half of my post, in which I was being serious. I do hope you enjoy the phone, and the RAZR MAXX forum. I see no reason for this discussion to continue.

That's what I told him 4 pages ago and your response was "Not helpful guys..."

Told ya then and telling you now, by posting here he doesn't want help he's just "trolling" and seeing who he can hook.

I do it all the time out on the lake. Even use a trolling motor.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's what I told him 4 pages ago and your response was "Not helpful guys..."

Told ya then and telling you now, by posting here he doesn't want help he's just "trolling" and seeing who he can hook.

I do it all the time out on the lake. Even use a trolling motor.

Are you 6 years old, rootbrain? So, you falsely classify me as a 'troll' on here and trying to 'hook' people, but the you go and start a BS thread on the MAXX forums saying "Decision Made" that you purchased your Rezound a month ago, basically to just do the same there?

Seriously dude, you should probably get a hobby or something.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
LOL!

It's true, what goes around comes around.

Let's see how many pages it gets to.

Or perhaps since both threads are basic BS they can be locked, and we can all be happy with what we have?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
LOL!

It's true, what goes around comes around.

Let's see how many pages it gets to.

Or perhaps since both threads are basic BS they can be locked, and we can all be happy with what we have?

Sorry, did I say 6 years old? I meant 4 years old. Sorry if I offended you.

I was on this forum for a while, as I was set on getting the Rezound (though a troll like yourself probably didn't notice my other posts in other threads). But, after a while, I decided to go with the MAXX, and this thread was to state my reasons why I was getting the MAXX over the Rezound (which is relative to the Rezound, as it may help others make a decision). Your thread on the MAXX forum is because you think you're the forum comedian, and is not relative to the MAXX at all (aside from you adding in 'Moto Sux' at the end, which I think we can all agree, is as mature/adult as it gets).

But you'll get your wish. I'll leave this forum and not return. Because that's how message boards should be. Telling people that if they don't add to the part of the discussion you agree with to go away. So, feel free to get the final word here (I'm sure you will). As long as it makes you feel any better about your phone decision, go right ahead.

Peace all! Enjoy your Rezounds!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming MA2GA28's intention was to either start a flame war, troll for lulz, or just try to "conquer" some of those on the fence.
I mean, what reaction is expected from going to a board about the Rezound, and claiming that the Razr is better. All of the strong points of the Rezound were met with:
"Well, it's a small difference."
"It's negligible"
"It's not too important to me."

Yadda yadda yadaa until the end of time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03