YahooMail Delivery / Received
04-16-2012 11:07 AM
- My concerns with my newly purchased HTC ReZound is to get the mail, YahooMail
that is, to push through completely, catching all emails, quickly. I've
already waited for hours for this to happen... and I cannot believe that such
a high-tech phone is having such a problem. However, this problem did not
present itself upon my Driod Bionic. But it was present upon the Razor --
which is how I ended up here in less than 30 days.
If you can help GGGGRRRRRRREAT! If you can forward me onto a site that can
Fli aka TheFlister02-16-2012 03:27 PM
- For some reason my Rezound won't even connect to Yahoo server now kinda weird I think the last update screwed with yahoo. Sadly it won't allow me to reset it unless I do a full factory reset to the phone which isn't gonna happen. So I will wait for a fix.
Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk02-16-2012 04:23 PM
- jPhillips63, I'm only into it just about 24 hours. A master reset for me is an option at this point... still working out my research options.
heck, my contacts uploaded to the phone three time!!! THREE!!! Once again, I say "ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"02-16-2012 05:26 PM
- I used to use the Yahoo Mail app. It worked well, but it drained the battery too much IMO. I'm now using K9. It has worked well, though recently I had to recreate my Yahoo email account within K9 (because of something my own fault, not Yahoo or K9's fault), and now I'm not able to send email. Anyone know the correct send mail server settings to you for Yahoo within K9?02-17-2012 08:20 AM
- I had a similar problem but with stock gmail app. I wasn't getting the notifications that I was receiving mail. So, this is what solved my problem and I hope it could work for you.
go to settings > applications > manage applications > scroll to your yahoo app and press clear data.
Good luck.02-17-2012 09:41 PM
- I used to use the Yahoo Mail app. It worked well, but it drained the battery too much IMO. I'm now using K9. It has worked well, though recently I had to recreate my Yahoo email account within K9 (because of something my own fault, not Yahoo or K9's fault), and now I'm not able to send email. Anyone know the correct send mail server settings to you for Yahoo within K9?04-15-2012 08:32 PM
- MrSmith317Mr Fix-ItWould you mind sharing the mistake you made, because no matter how hard i try, i cannot get k9 to push my Yahoo email at all. No matter what the settings, I have to "poll" every "x" # of minutes or nothing happens unless I manually refresh. When I use the HTC mail app, any thing i move to any folder other than trash on the server keeps re-syncing to the inbox on my Rezound. If i delete it on my Rezound, it goes to the trash on my server. Then the cycle repeats never ending. Its sooooo frustrating!04-15-2012 09:24 PM
- Yes my power profile is on high performance, but I dont have a problem with "polling", yet polling is a battery drain if I set it to every 1 or 5 minutes. The problem is receiving true "push" like I do with the default HTC mail account. If I set k9 to poll every 2 hours, any email that comes in between that 2 hour window is missed until k9 is scheduled to "poll" and check for messages. I need "push" like Gmail, where as soon as a message is received on the server, it is immediately sent to the phone, and k9 does not do this with Yahoo. I thought it was a Yahoo issue because Enhanced Email has a similar issue, but Maildroid does Yahoo push just fine.( I just hate the ads, and I refuse to justify paying nearly $20 for a mail app to get true push for one account. The HTC mail app on my Evo 3d worked flawlessly, unfortunately the phone was tethered to a very poor Network.04-16-2012 06:09 AM
- I had issues with Yahoo! mail on the Rezound (the stock HTC client is different from that on the Incredible), and it was a little irritating the way it put IM messages up top.
In the end I resorted to just getting all my Yahoo! mail pushed to my Gmail account instead where they show up reliably and I can respond via Gmail too.
Possibly not the ideal solution for you, but it might mean you receive your emails in a timely manner at least?04-16-2012 11:07 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Rezound
YahooMail Delivery / Received
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD