1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default In love with the rezound again!!!!

So I was really starting to hate my rezound after the update. The battery life sucked and I was having issues with phone automatically switching from WiFi to 4g,the only thing that would work was to do a restart on my phone. After VZW sent me a refurb and I started to read some battery saving post, I'm in lovr again!!! I use my stock battery because I have not found a case that I like yet that fits my extended battery. I am up to 18 hours on my stock battery with moderate to high usage and still only at 46% left on battery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In love with the rezound again!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1329486002974.jpg  
    Last edited by wythme2; 02-17-2012 at 07:47 AM.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: In love with the rezound again!!!!

If you think this is great (which it is), check out CleanROM GBE.
    Actually, I'm starting to think there's a battery glitch in that ROM, because I was browsing the internet on 4G for 10 minutes without the battery dropping 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    If you think this is great (which it is), check out CleanROM GBE.
    Actually, I'm starting to think there's a battery glitch in that ROM, because I was browsing the internet on 4G for 10 minutes without the battery dropping 1%
    I had no luck with that ROM... i was only getting 8-9hours on a full charge. I switched to Scotts ICS ROM and it also seems to have not so great battery life... IDK, i really like that ROM so i guess i'll just have use my power cord during the day.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JimFlyerFan View Post
    I had no luck with that ROM... i was only getting 8-9hours on a full charge. I switched to Scotts ICS ROM and it also seems to have not so great battery life... IDK, i really like that ROM so i guess i'll just have use my power cord during the day.
    I saw your thread the other day. I'm thinking you might either have all of your power hungry apps and services on without knowing, or your battery is defective. It wouldn't hurt to try and get a replacement from Verizon.

Just a thought. I'm in the CleanROM 1.5.5 GBE and my battery stats seem skewed sometimes. There will be times that I holster my phone with say 85% battery, then when I take it out to use it the battery will say 92%! Other times, from 100% while on the charger, it will drop to 96% immediately after taking it off the charger.

Is there a way to clear the battery stats and start fresh? I've heard xda site showed a way to do that but I'm unable to locate any info.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Actually I have not rooted my phone yet. Still trying to decide if I want to go that route. I've never tried routing and it seems a little difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by wythme2 View Post
    So I was really starting to hate my rezound after the update. The battery life sucked and I was having issues with phone automatically switching from WiFi to 4g,the only thing that would work was to do a restart on my phone. After VZW sent me a refurb and I started to read some battery saving post, I'm in lovr again!!! I use my stock battery because I have not found a case that I like yet that fits my extended battery. I am up to 18 hours on my stock battery with moderate to high usage and still only at 46% left on battery

Does your refurb have the update?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yes. As soon as I activated it, I got the update message.

I saw your thread the other day. I'm thinking you might either have all of your power hungry apps and services on without knowing, or your battery is defective. It wouldn't hurt to try and get a replacement from Verizon.
    unless they are hidden, they shouldnt be on... dont use bluetooth... only use wifi at home since my office wifi is borked, so the phone is not constantly searching for a signal, screen t/o is set at 30sec brightness is at maybe 30%

not sure what else i can do. CDMA/LTE is on but I'm in a good 4G area (Houston) and i kind of defeats the purpose of having a 4G phone if you arent going to utilize the benefits of it.... thinking seriously about getting the extended battery, but not happy about giving up my Otterbox
    decisions...decisions...

unless they are hidden, they shouldnt be on... dont use bluetooth... only use wifi at home since my office wifi is borked, so the phone is not constantly searching for a signal, screen t/o is set at 30sec brightness is at maybe 30%

not sure what else i can do. CDMA/LTE is on but I'm in a good 4G area (Houston) and i kind of defeats the purpose of having a 4G phone if you arent going to utilize the benefits of it.... thinking seriously about getting the extended battery, but not happy about giving up my Otterbox
    decisions...decisions...
    I got my extended battery, case and holster from Big Red. $20 cheaper than Otterbox, but doesn't look or feel like it. The case has kickstand, which I love. The whole shebang was $51 US including tax.

Does it add bulk? yup of course, but it feels great, textured and secure, non-slip. Does it add weight? yup, of course, minimal and un-noticable to me at least. Phone goes into belt-clip holster face 1st for protection.

I love otterbox, but this is working as good, IMO.

It's the same one as here: http://www.amazon.com/HTC-REZOUND-EX...idcentral00-20
    Thanked by:
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    Just a thought. I'm in the CleanROM 1.5.5 GBE and my battery stats seem skewed sometimes. There will be times that I holster my phone with say 85% battery, then when I take it out to use it the battery will say 92%! Other times, from 100% while on the charger, it will drop to 96% immediately after taking it off the charger.

Is there a way to clear the battery stats and start fresh? I've heard xda site showed a way to do that but I'm unable to locate any info.
    With the Amon Ra recovery, reboot to recovery, choose the wipe option, then wipe battery stats. Best to do when the battery is fully charged.

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    ROM
    JBSourcery, Nilsp's ICS

decisions...decisions...
    Don't feel bad, I'm in kingwood (just outside Houston), and I get cruddy battery life..

Currently running nilsp business ginger sense, still searching for the grail of good battery life LOL.

Cheers
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

decisions...decisions...
    I feel you on the Otterbox part. I love my Commuter version as much as I love my phone. It's a fantastic case.
    But you gotta shut of 4G when you're not browsing, man. There's a toggle widget for it under HTC widgets. Just give it a shot for a while and see how it goes.
    I realize back on 3G phones that we never had to shut off data, but now your phone is going through twice the power consumption on seeking out and maintaining both 3G and 4G signals.

I feel you on the Otterbox part. I love my Commuter version as much as I love my phone. It's a fantastic case.
    But you gotta shut of 4G when you're not browsing, man. There's a toggle widget for it under HTC widgets. Just give it a shot for a while and see how it goes.
    I realize back on 3G phones that we never had to shut off data, but now your phone is going through twice the power consumption on seeking out and maintaining both 3G and 4G signals.
    i'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
    Thanks,

EDIT- what is the widget called? i just checked all 75 HTC widgets and couldnt figure out which one it is
    Last edited by JimFlyerFan; 02-17-2012 at 03:29 PM.

i'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
    Thanks,

EDIT- what is the widget called? i just checked all 75 HTC widgets and couldnt figure out which one it is
    Mobile Network is the stock widget.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

decisions...decisions...
    I turned off the auto sync on mine like another post suggested. I used to use the network data widget to turn off mobile data but it would not automatically connect me back to 4g when I would be out of wifi range so I don't use it anymore. Just by turning off the auto sync, and using the sync widget when I pick up my phone, greatly extended my battery life. So my phone is on 4g most of the time and the original post is my results.and again I am strictly stock, no rooting as of yet. Maybe when I feel more comfortable with trying to root, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Mobile Network is the stock widget.
    if i have mobile network off, does that keep me from getting calls, text messages and email notifications?
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

if i have mobile network off, does that keep me from getting calls, text messages and email notifications?
    Just email and other data.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

With mobile network off, you would get calls and texts, mbut not email notifications
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

But if your connected to WiFi you would still get your email and everything else.

Global Posts
    2,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Miui is good on the battery as well

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    With the Amon Ra recovery, reboot to recovery, choose the wipe option, then wipe battery stats. Best to do when the battery is fully charged.
    Kewl. Did this last night will see how the stats look throughout the day.

I knew there was a reason to flash Amon Ra. Too many issues with CW recovery.

I never turn off 4G or turn on wifi. It probably does affect my battery, which is why I would never have a moto phone with a non replaceable battery.

My thoughts are I have and pay for unlimited data, I'm going to use it. Especially since VZ keeps trying to push the OTA everynight, LOL.