Vlingo and Google voice search need help

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
So today i was playing with both Google voice search and vlingo. I could not get Google voice search to send text message or make a call. I d/l Vlingo which i like a lot. The problem is Vlingo will not send a text or call my wife or daughter when i tell it to call or send text to either of them. It comes back saying no matching contacts founds. I dont seem to have this problem with any other contacts. I have tried to change the way they are listed in my phone changed wifes name to wife and so forth. I also put there names in default groups like blackberry does. went to both Google and Vlingos web sites for support, both sites are very poor in the tech support area. So my question is does anybody have any solutions, alternitives or any other ideas?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just a few days ago I told Google search to call the pizza place around the corner and it did no problem. Today I try the same thing and keep getting an error that my phone doesn't have this capability? I looked at my searchable settings and don't see anything that would stop or start this action. Did it update and I missed something? This sucks because I been thinking what do I need Siri for when GS does so much cool stuff? Now it seems to do one less thing. I wonder if we'll get something like Siri? And no Iris dissent count, and for that matter it didn't work either.

Update: it was my fault. I turned something off in titanium backup. Found it fixed it, all good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret