$99 @ VZW Online

hack_tc

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my phone on Friday (Feb 17th) for $149; when I called Verizon they said there was nothing they could do for me (other than if I returned the phone, paid restocking fee, etc., which I'm just too lazy to do and I dont want to give up my phone).

To the guys that say they got some form of credit on their accounts, did you order your phone online and did you have to hassle with Verizon to get any kind of rebate? Thanks!

I didn't have to hassle with the guy, but it seems to depend on if you get lucky and get a cool representative or not. Or getting really ticked off probably helps? I didn't though.

The guy i talked to seemed like a fellow phone enthusiast, and was genuinely surprised at the sale going on, it was the first he had heard of it. He put me on hold and checked with a supervisor to see what he could do.

That said...I only received a $30 dollar immediate discount from the original 150 i paid (could get full refund if i decided to return), and have heard of others getting a $50, or even $100 reimbursement.

Seems to me a kind of flaky way to do business...

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my phone on Friday (Feb 17th) for $149; when I called Verizon they said there was nothing they could do for me (other than if I returned the phone, paid restocking fee, etc., which I'm just too lazy to do and I dont want to give up my phone).

To the guys that say they got some form of credit on their accounts, did you order your phone online and did you have to hassle with Verizon to get any kind of rebate? Thanks!

I bought my phone in store this past Saturday using my NE2. When I called, they said they couldn't credit my credit card for the phone because its online only deal but put me on hold as they looked for other options and came back with a "better" option by crediting $100 to my phone bill instead. Not much hasseling for me, but I would've preferred a credit to my credit card.

Tumbleweed43

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Rezound in my local VZW store 13 days ago for $169.99 ($199.99 minus $30 new every two discount). Last night I called Customer Service and asked about a refund for the $70 difference and was told they couldn't do anything because it's an internet deal and I bought my phone in a store. I called the store today and they couldn't (wouldn't?) do anything, but I was advised to call Customer Service and try again, which I did this evening. I got a nice guy named John, and I explained the situation and he put me on hold to "see what he can do for me." He came back on a few minutes later and said VZW has a policy called Price Protection Guarantee, which he said he didn't know about. Bottom line is, he gave me a $70 credit on my account which will show up on my next bill. So if you called and was turned down, try again and bring up the Price Protection Guarantee. But be advised it only works if you've had the phone for two weeks or less.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I bought my phone in the store. When I saw the online sale I called customer service and expressed to them that I was frustrated that the price would drop so quickly and that I was on my 13th day. It is part of their worry free guarantee. I would contact them and bring up that and the price protection guarantee that tumbleweed spoke about.

techx4

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I finally bit the bullet too due to the new price. Although I hope I didn't make a mistake, but I know no phone is perfect and they all have their issues. I can see that VLA is really making people PO'ed so hopefully that isn't a show stopper.

mlg2919

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Pulled the trigger yesterday, got the $99 on line price, called CS while still online and they gave me my $30 credit, so got it for $69, cannot beat that!!! Now for the big transition from my BB Storm 2. :D

techx4

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Pulled the trigger yesterday, got the $99 on line price, called CS while still online and they gave me my $30 credit, so got it for $69, cannot beat that!!! Now for the big transition from my BB Storm 2. :D

I did the same thing but the CS told me that the credit would be applied only after the 14 day return period ended. So we'll see if that happens or not.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
If you are close to your upgrade date call customer support and they more than likely let you get it at the deal.

OK I'm one day off (March 1st)and was told they can't so nothing about it. So I will need to pay 199.99 for this phone. Just BS if you ask me. Really fed up with verizon. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674