Upgrades for apps you don't use?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What's the best way to handle the never ending flow of app upgrades for apps you don't use? Setting them all to auto update seems like a security risk.

Sent from my Rezound via TapaTalk

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I uninstall apps I don't use. ;)

For apps I do use, I still don't update them unless there is feature or fix that I want.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried the whole just ignore them thing, even turned off auto update so they wouldn't, then got tired of constantly skipping past them to update the things I did want. Finally I caved and just let them update. Then I rooted, and now updated or not they just sit there frozen. As for apps that aren't bloat if you don't use it uninstall it, then use a file manager and delete the folders they leave behind. But do it when you uninstall, or like I did before I started doing that, sit looking at all that memory wasted because you can't remember what's installed and what's not.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried the whole just ignore them thing, even turned off auto update so they wouldn't, then got tired of constantly skipping past them to update the things I did want. Finally I caved and just let them update. Then I rooted, and now updated or not they just sit there frozen. As for apps that aren't bloat if you don't use it uninstall it, then use a file manager and delete the folders they leave behind. But do it when you uninstall, or like I did before I started doing that, sit looking at all that memory wasted because you can't remember what's installed and what's not.

Frozen is one of the most beautiful words in the english language. Never imagined I'd say that, given that I live in a lake effect snow area, this time of year. Viva la AOSP!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol