Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon issues?

I'm in Metro Denver, Co and seem to be having issue getting 4G. Most of the time I'm on 1x and sometimes will hit 3G. This just started happening today so was wondering if Big Red is having more problems.

Default Re: Verizon issues?

I'm in NYC and all week my signal has flipped flopped from 4g to 1X....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Gonna have to call Big Red and beotch again. Can't even get my Exchange email. BTW, did check and I am on LTE/CDMA setting, wifi off, gps off.

Nothing in the new yet about any problems like there was in December.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Something is going on. I dropped from 4G to 1X this morning and now cannot get 4G. It is going back and forth now between 1X and 3G. It has been working great up until this morning.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yep, exactly the same here. Also, just called *611 and got "experiencing higher than normal call volumes" message from VZ, so sumptin is a happenin.

EDIT: Oops these guys are fast!

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...ggling-morning
    Last edited by rootbrain; 02-22-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    I'm in Metro Denver, Co and seem to be having issue getting 4G. Most of the time I'm on 1x and sometimes will hit 3G. This just started happening today so was wondering if Big Red is having more problems.
    Same thing in CO Springs.

Ok, it's just not me then. DFW.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

In GA. Issue happened at 715am. Got 3g back at 850am. Call Verizon around 730 after airplane mode and powercycle didn't work. Multiple states affected all over nation. I called and last was interrupptwd by supervisor. Call que was growing rapidly due to 4g/3g/1x data outages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**

I'm going between 4G and 3G right now. I just arrived in Kennesaw Ga ( North Atlanta).

Same with me.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

These are the growing pains of 4G, gentlemen. So much for "Most Reliable Network" mumbo jumbo.
    I like how they schedule this "maintenance" downtime garbage during the daytime, when we're browsing at work. Universe forbid they do this at say, 4am or anything.
    skatergirl likes this.

Las Vegas is not working, I say some problems yesterday
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    These are the growing pains of 4G, gentlemen. So much for "Most Reliable Network" mumbo jumbo.
    I like how they schedule this "maintenance" downtime garbage during the daytime, when we're browsing at work. Universe forbid they do this at say, 4am or anything.
    Well, the reality is when it's 4am for you it's 6-7-8am for someone else. Then someone else would be po'd instead of you.

Serious issues here in AZ..........
    At lease I now know it isn't my Bionic
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

BTW saw something about them turning 4G up in Atlantic city yesterday. D'ya think?

Somebody unplugged the wrong cable, lol.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    Well, the reality is when it's 4am for you it's 6-7-8am for someone else. Then someone else would be po'd instead of you.
    I'm on the East coast, brother. As far as the contiguous United States go, I'm as late as it gets.

ROM
    I don't root.

Central Florida here. Had problems occasionally losing 4G signal yesterday. Today I wake up and cannot get a 4G signal. Stuck in 3g mode.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Cyan Tapatalk
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I'm on the East coast, brother. As far as the contiguous United States go, I'm as late as it gets.
    Yeah, but you day starts and ends later. Markets don't even open until 9:30 your time. By 9:30 my time, I've already done 4 hours, lol.

if you are stuck on 1x, you can try this to at least get back 3G, at least it has worked for me this time and all the other times 4G has been down

Dial ##778#
    Press Call button
    The password is 000000
    Choose Edit Mode
    Go to Modem Settings
    Choose Rev A
    Switch from eHRPD to Enable
    Press OK
    Commit Modifications

For me, this outage is different than past ones. When there have been outages before, my phone would drop to 3G. I never saw 1X on my Rezound...until today. Just about no 4G, very spotty 3G, but mostly 1X (if anything) today. I also noticed 4G dropping the past couple of days which is unusual for me.

Heh. When I started this post I was on 1X, and now I'm on 4G....

Quote Originally Posted by Egnix View Post
    Heh. When I started this post I was on 1X, and now I'm on 4G....
    4G didn't last long at all. Been back on 1X.

Working 3rd shift finally paid off. Got off work and proceeded to sleep right through the network issues this morning. Hooray!
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Working 3rd shift finally paid off. Got off work and proceeded to sleep right through the network issues this morning. Hooray!
    The joke is on you, bro. Instead of living through the crisis, you woke up to a nightmare. The problem is still on-going.

The joke is on you, bro. Instead of living through the crisis, you woke up to a nightmare. The problem is still on-going.
    Solid 4g for 2 hours on the Lake Erie shorline. No suffering over here whatsoever.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Solid 4g for 2 hours on the Lake Erie shorline. No suffering over here whatsoever.
    Then I envy your connectivity. You don't really appreciate the speed of 4G LTE until you're stuck browsing in 3G again. Loading up a high resolution picture takes about 20x longer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast