why cant i get the stupid update???

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, what these people are trying to say is YOU are one of the lucky ones.

If you're on a stock phone, be happy without it.

If you're rooted, debloated on GB ROM you won't get it. It will fail. Again, consider yourself lucky.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
ah well with all the other crap running on there whats one more . plus i was getting alot of 3g 4g no g issues that my wifes doesnt do . so i wanted the update . and it did finally come in . thanks for the replies !

Reactions: Wanda

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
ah well with all the other crap running on there whats one more . plus i was getting alot of 3g 4g no g issues that my wifes doesnt do . so i wanted the update . and it did finally come in . thanks for the replies !

LOL...meant to hit the quick reply button not the thanks button but what the hell, have a thanks on me.

I was going to say too bad you finally got it. If you don't want all that crap on your phone running all the time root that thing and get rid of it. You don't have to run a custom ROM, you can stay totally stock but just delete the garbage you don't want.

Reactions: chevyman29

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah i may do that last time i attempted it on a HTC phone i bricked it so.....lol is anyone else having issues loading youtube vids ? mine or my wifes will not load a video for nothing

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
yeah i may do that last time i attempted it on a HTC phone i bricked it so.....lol is anyone else having issues loading youtube vids ? mine or my wifes will not load a video for nothing

Only way to really brick the phone beyond repair (well sort of beyond) is to start messing with the radios.

No problems with You Tube here but I'm using a different ROM than you. Nothing working either on 4G or WiFi?

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah just got off the phone with HTC tech support and they had no luck getting it working . it does work on wifi just not on 4g or 3g . BUT he said and i Quote the ICS update is around a week away for the rezound SO we'll see.

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So it seems I'm the only one without the update, factory reset,wifi,3g - Nothing. HTC tech support said they need to flash my phone and Verizon stated that the rollout has hit all zip's. :confused:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah just got off the phone with HTC tech support and they had no luck getting it working . it does work on wifi just not on 4g or 3g . BUT he said and i Quote the ICS update is around a week away for the rezound SO we'll see.

Padlock the doors on this thread. This ones headed for the Twilight Zone.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah i was hesitant to post that But i ask him three times if thats what he meant and he put me on hold and asked his superior and said yes a week or so it should be rolling out . but I will believe it whenever i see it . further more it will probably break more than it fixes whenever it does come out . im probably taking mine back tommorow for a exchange or my money back . i cant believe i got the only two rezounds with issues regarding youtube .

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah i was hesitant to post that But i ask him three times if thats what he meant and he put me on hold and asked his superior and said yes a week or so it should be rolling out . but I will believe it whenever i see it . further more it will probably break more than it fixes whenever it does come out . im probably taking mine back tommorow for a exchange or my money back . i cant believe i got the only two rezounds with issues regarding youtube .

Your having issues w/ both browser and mobile app? Do the pages open/load normally, it's just that you just can't get video to play? It's worked dor you normally on your phones, previously, correct?

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yes my razr and droid x both work fine but my new rezound nor my wifes rezound will play a video from youtube . not from the app or the browser . its crazy im about to try a full factory reset and see if it will work .

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
So it seems I'm the only one without the update, factory reset,wifi,3g - Nothing. HTC tech support said they need to flash my phone and Verizon stated that the rollout has hit all zip's. :confused:

Nope, I don't have the update either.

That's fine with me as I don't want it. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze