Should He Wait?

terporiolefan

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Quick question for you guys:

I love my Rezound. It is by far the best phone I've owned. I've convinced my dad to take the plunge into Android and he also has decided to get the Rezound.

The question is, since he has never used Android before, should he wait for ICS to be released so there is less of a learning curve? As a former IT executive, he is very comfortable and adaptable to different user experiences and OSes, but coming from the old Windows Mobile (I know...), will certainly be an adjustment.

He's definitely getting the Rezound, so I'm not concerned about other current or future models. So...should he wait for ICS? Or get the Rezound now?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Quick question for you guys:

I love my Rezound. It is by far the best phone I've owned. I've convinced my dad to take the plunge into Android and he also has decided to get the Rezound.

The question is, since he has never used Android before, should he wait for ICS to be released so there is less of a learning curve? As a former IT executive, he is very comfortable and adaptable to different user experiences and OSes, but coming from the old Windows Mobile (I know...), will certainly be an adjustment.

He's definitely getting the Rezound, so I'm not concerned about other current or future models. So...should he wait for ICS? Or get the Rezound now?

I came from Omnia II WinMo 6.5 to Android, quickly realized, what I thought was the bees knees was just pure junk. You are really the best gauge for your dad and his purchase of the Rezound. You sound confident he can handle it, but slightly nervous that he might not. Reading that indicates to me that he'll get by on GB and enjoy ICS moreso when it comes. ICS is not a huge difference as far as an OS goes, especially w/ Sense 4.0 over top of it. GB will actually help him adjust to changes when they come. There will be some new features incorporated but nothing that will baffle anybody, aside from senior citizens who've never used a cell phone to begin with. Besides, there's no better time than now to get him the Rezound considering it's on sale. Follow your gut, you know his capabilities better than any of us.

If guilt works better on you........Right now, there's a little Rezound, stuck in a dark room, in a little cramped box,no battery to keep him warm, no red leds to light up to cut through the darkness, he doesn't even know where his beats earbuds are, this little fella is sad & all alone, but when he is happy, by God, when he is happy so is the person holding him, he's a busy body, a little workhorse and a wonderful companion for leisure time activities. You know all this, you took one home. What you may be unaware of is that he has a sibling that was seperated during packaging, go get him and reunite them. Don't let that little fella spend anymore time shivering on some stores inventory shelf wondering when his time will come.

Reactions: terporiolefan

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Humpgardengnome ... really cute reply! :)

Terporiolefan .... Don't wait. I agree that the ICS update won't really change the way he uses the phone. As well, and and Humbpardengnome said, it is on sale right now until the 28th for $99.

Janet

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
People far less tech savvy than your dad have gone from far inferior phones to Android and have been fine. Don't wait, he'll be alright, Android isn't nearly as confusing as you're worried it is.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Definitely hurry and take advantage of the $99 promo. Then turn around and spend $30 of the money you saved and buy the Extended Battery/Door. $130 for a Rezound "MAXX" ? You can't beat that with a stick !

Pakbackr

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
For the non-tech savvy, I think ICS adds a new level of complexity. Lack of complexity is probably the thing that is most appealing about the iPhone. If he's committed to the Android (great!), then I suggest the Rezound at the discounted price. He'll get ICS soon enough, but the phone will do all he ever wants (and probably needs to do) and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae