Anyone else making calls over LTE with Rezound?

HotWater

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, maybe I have missed this in all this information gathered on this forum, but I have not noticed anyone mentioning their quality of voice calls over LTE only on the Rezound. I have had no issues at all and call quality has been excellent for me. Anyone with issues, or did no one know about this setting and used it? Just in case this is news to everyone, go into the phone dialer, *#*#4636#*#* , under phone info, scroll down to where it says CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto, tap that, and the last option is LTE mode (w/voice). Select that option, back out, and happy VoLTE.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess not then, silence means no?

That's helpful info. to pass along in your OP. It's not that no one has issues, they are just occur more randomly, than other topics. There's been quite a few previous threads on the subject. On the whole, issues/events are very sporadic and are almost always related to network strength, more than what band your phone is using during a call.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, maybe I have missed this in all this information gathered on this forum, but I have not noticed anyone mentioning their quality of voice calls over LTE only on the Rezound. I have had no issues at all and call quality has been excellent for me. Anyone with issues, or did no one know about this setting and used it? Just in case this is news to everyone, go into the phone dialer, *#*#4636#*#* , under phone info, scroll down to where it says CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto, tap that, and the last option is LTE mode (w/voice). Select that option, back out, and happy VoLTE.

I actually got an earfull a few months ago when I suggested that this was VOLTE. I was told it was more akin to SVDO (Simultaneous voice/data out) than VOLTE since you're not using data to make the call. In any case it does work, it is cool. Oh and you don't have to change any options to use it.

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If you change the default CDMA+LTE/EvDo setting to LTE mode (with voice) are there any issues with 3G? I was afraid to change that since I thought the 3G had to have the CDMA option?

Thanks for the tip, any help with my question is appreciated.

HotWater

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I am in a very good LTE coverage area here, I always have 4G anywhere in this city averaging 7Mb to 19Mb down, and 5Mb to 15Mb up according to Speedtest.net app, so I have no issues at all. I do notice that in this setting with my screen on 100%, I can watch a show on my break, or surf for a 1/2 hour (twitter, facebook, engadget, etc) and still get 12 to 14 hours life from my phone before charging. My phone is fully stock, only HTC dev unlocked, and fortunate enough to have no issues with mine or my wife's Rezound.
@MrSmith : I see we are in the same city so you do have good LTE coverage daily right? I like the feature a lot, and my calls never sound far away, or tinny, or echoed.

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am in a very good LTE coverage area here, I always have 4G anywhere in this city averaging 7Mb to 19Mb down, and 5Mb to 15Mb up according to Speedtest.net app, so I have no issues at all. I do notice that in this setting with my screen on 100%, I can watch a show on my break, or surf for a 1/2 hour (twitter, facebook, engadget, etc) and still get 12 to 14 hours life from my phone before charging. My phone is fully stock, only HTC dev unlocked, and fortunate enough to have no issues with mine or my wife's Rezound.

So are you saying that if you switch to LTE only you get substantially better battery life than you were getting with mixed LTE/CDMA?

I also get great LTE coverage and would love better battery life.

HotWater

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So are you saying that if you switch to LTE only you get substantially better battery life than you were getting with mixed LTE/CDMA?

I also get great LTE coverage and would love better battery life.

On my phone, in my observations, yes. I'll do a screen shot if I remember to do so next time I run it all day then check the battery stats. I am not in the habit of watching my battery at all until I am about to settle down, then I'll glance at it to see if I should charge or not. Give me a day or so.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

VOLTE is not deployed yet. Calls still occur over 1X.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
VOLTE is not deployed yet. Calls still occur over 1X.

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking. Both the Thunderbolt and Rezound use the 1x radio for voice/texts, with the CDMA or LTE radios for data only. Thus why both can do SVDO (simultaneous voice and data) with either 3G or LTE. :)

Last edited:

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
For some reason when I set the phone to 3G only I get a lot of complaints about the sound (voice) quality being poor. They normally say it sounds mumbled/muffled.

When I have both 3G/4G LTE radios set for the network the sound is perfectly clear. I even had my wife use my phone and call our home number so I could hear it myself, and there was a huge difference in sound quality.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
For some reason when I set the phone to 3G only I get a lot of complaints about the sound (voice) quality being poor. They normally say it sounds mumbled/muffled.

When I have both 3G/4G LTE radios set for the network the sound is perfectly clear. I even had my wife use my phone and call our home number so I could hear it myself, and there was a huge difference in sound quality.

Its because of SVDO. Doing voice and data at the same time on 3g degrades quality of both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: pank

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I can't get the screen you mention when I type in the *#*#4636#*#*