Waiting for HTC's latest and greatest phone

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I can upgrade as of March 1st and I have decided to wait to get the new HTC phone when it comes out. I hope it comes with ICS and sense 4.0. :)

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Funny how VZW has the Rezound $99 deal going until 2/28.....looks to me like they have a big inventory of Rezounds they are trying to dump because they plan on announcing a new HTC phone at MWC.

I am eligible for upgrade now so the question is....jump on the $99 deal before it expires or wait to see what comes out of MWC. Tough call.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Funny how VZW has the Rezound $99 deal going until 2/28.....looks to me like they have a big inventory of Rezounds they are trying to dump because they plan on announcing a new HTC phone at MWC.

I am eligible for upgrade now so the question is....jump on the $99 deal before it expires or wait to see what comes out of MWC. Tough call.

I'd wait. Heard the new phone is gonna be nice.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Having something for a trade show and selling it on a retailers shelf are very different, especially if your talking stateside on Verizon. They will likely have the rumored "Dinc3"/"Fireball"?, there and on store shelves in 2 or 3 mos. at most. Even that release has a lesser engine running the show. They may have something to show, that may be shown that is Verizon bound, that has that "WOW" factor you seek. Keep in mind anything shown there aside from the aforementioned, is at minimum, 6 mos. away from release on Verizon. If you can hold off til then, that's your best option. From my experience on the Rezound, I wouldn't but that's just me. Ask most aBionic owners if they're happy they waited 9 mos. for it, after debuting @ CES.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Having something for a trade show and selling it on a retailers shelf are very different, especially if your talking stateside on Verizon. They will likely have the rumored "Dinc3"/"Fireball"?, there and on store shelves in 2 or 3 mos. at most. Even that release has a lesser engine running the show. They may have something to show, that may be shown that is Verizon bound, that has that "WOW" factor you seek. Keep in mind anything shown there aside from the aforementioned, is at minimum, 6 mos. away from release on Verizon. If you can hold off til then, that's your best option. From my experience on the Rezound, I wouldn't but that's just me. Ask most aBionic owners if they're happy they waited 9 mos. for it, after debuting @ CES.

6 months really? Crap I can't wait that long till it hits the store.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
6 months really? Crap I can't wait that long till it hits the store.

They gotta make sure the bloatware works, how else could they keep customers happy? Unfortunately, that's actually about par for anything Verizon bound these days. Unless it's an unboxing event like the GNex but those are few and far between in the Verizon landscape. They usually debut overseas for a few months, then hit Verizon for testing.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
They gotta make sure the bloatware works, how else could they keep customers happy? Unfortunately, that's actually about par for anything Verizon bound these days. Unless it's an unboxing event like the GNex but those are few and far between in the Verizon landscape. They usually debut overseas for a few months, then hit Verizon for testing.

Why the price drop on the Rez then if they aren't getting ready to release something new soon?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Why the price drop on the Rez then if they aren't getting ready to release something new soon?

Who knows why they do what they do, but they do it and it works for them. Like I said they are releasing a new HTC, it's unclear what the name is but it is a Dinc clone in white body, w/ a 1.2ghz chipset and a 1800mah battery in tow. If that's up your alley, you won't have to wait long. If your planning on purchasing one of the stars of the lineup, judging by every previous 4g release, you'll enjoy what you got for a bit. Believe me, I'm all for a change in the pattern but luck is not on the consumers side w/ our carrier.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Who knows why they do what they do, but they do it and it works for them. Like I said they are releasing a new HTC, it's unclear what the name is but it is a Dinc clone in white body, w/ a 1.2ghz chipset and a 1800mah battery in tow. If that's up your alley, you won't have to wait long. If your planning on purchasing one of the stars of the lineup, judging by every previous 4g release, you'll enjoy what you got for a bit. Believe me, I'm all for a change in the pattern but luck is not on the consumers side w/ our carrier.

Personally I'm not happy with Verizon anyway, yet they have the best coverage.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally I'm not happy with Verizon anyway, yet they have the best coverage.

I heat you loud and clear on that. I've been waving a white flag w/ them for nearly a decade I just tell myself there's always a price to paid for somewhere when your at the top of the heap. Don't know what I'd do if I ever realized how full of bs that way of looking at it is.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I heat you loud and clear on that. I've been waving a white flag w/ them for nearly a decade I just tell myself there's always a price to paid for somewhere when your at the top of the heap. Don't know what I'd do if I ever realized how full of bs that way of looking at it is.

My sentiments EXACTLY!

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I don't know how well the Rezound is selling (I mean I literally don't know, not trying to be a jerk or anything) but they're prolly just dropping the price so if people go in for another phone that a VZW store may not have, they can just convince them to pick up the Rezound instead of walking out empty handed.

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the big HTC announcement on Sunday? If you're unsure, wait until the announcement and if they don't say, "hey, here's this great phone and it's coming to Verizon in April," you can get the rezound for $99.

FWIW, I was one of those waiting for the Bionic, but I ended up changing my mind and getting a Dinc. I'm so glad I didn't wait for the Bionic.