Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nova Launcher with ICS

    Is the Nova launcher going to work with the ICS release for Rezound? I think it should, right? This would give users the option to use the ICS launcher like the GNex but also have the option for Sense.

    I want to get the Rezound before tomorrow is over bc of the $99 deal but I am hesitant bc its hard to choose between the two devices. Having the option of using Nova or Sense would make the decision a little easier.

    Thanks for the input. I really want to pull the trigger on the Rezound so any nudging in the right direction would help (and coming from a Thunderbolt if anyone has any input on that switch).
  2. #2  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    634 Posts
    ROM
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: Nova Launcher with ICS

    Works perfect. Been using it since beta 14 (when all the problems were fixed). I'm on a 4.03 rom, and at one point, Nova didn't really work on 4.01, don't know if that was fixed or not. But just to be clear, for it to work now, you have to be rooted running a ICS Rom for it to work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Nova Launcher with ICS

    any word on battery life with both sense and nova running?
  4. #4  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    634 Posts
    ROM
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: Nova Launcher with ICS

    I can't comment on having both running, but as long as your not signed into any Sense apps, and they are not updating in the background, it should be the same.
  5. #5  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Nova Launcher with ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmithV View Post
    any word on battery life with both sense and nova running?
    You can't have both running. Nova is a launcher that takes over for the Sense launcher. Therefore none of the Sense Widgets etc work.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  6. #6  
    Pakbackr's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nova Launcher with ICS

    Just curious - this app seems so much like the stock Sense experience, why would anyone want to use this on an HTC? Does it offer something Sense doesn't?
  7. #7  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Nova Launcher with ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakbackr View Post
    Just curious - this app seems so much like the stock Sense experience, why would anyone want to use this on an HTC? Does it offer something Sense doesn't?
    Nova is nothing like Sense.. Nova is akin to the stock Android launcher with a few improvements like Trebuchet launcher.

    Take a look:
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  8. #8  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nova Launcher with ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmithV View Post
    Is the Nova launcher going to work with the ICS release for Rezound? I think it should, right? This would give users the option to use the ICS launcher like the GNex but also have the option for Sense.

    I want to get the Rezound before tomorrow is over bc of the $99 deal but I am hesitant bc its hard to choose between the two devices. Having the option of using Nova or Sense would make the decision a little easier.

    Thanks for the input. I really want to pull the trigger on the Rezound so any nudging in the right direction would help (and coming from a Thunderbolt if anyone has any input on that switch).
    Listen, if this phone being $200 less than the next one isn't enough to sway your decision, then what the hell is? We've boiled it down to superior hardware vs. superior software.
  9. #9  
    mithed's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez 1.0.3

    Default Re: Nova Launcher with ICS

    For the record I have used Nova on my Rez with two different ROMs. I would go between both sense and Nova depending on what I was doing. I liked the nova launcher for the dock bar and some of the options in the app drawer, but would switch to sense for some of my HTC widgets.

    I used both but never set one to the default so when I hit the home key I could choose which launcher I wanted. I hope that helps.
    Moto Razr -> Blackberry Curve -> SAW THE LIGHT! -> Droid Incredible -> HTC Rezound -> Droid DNA

Posting Permissions

B