Android Market removed from my rezound

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I opened the the market to update an app and it popped up an option to update to Google Play. I always research updates before agreeing to install them and did not have time to read up on the new google play so I declined. Google immediately removed the Android Market app from my phone. I can't update my apps or get Android Market app reinstalled. Anyone had this happen and is there a solution other than wiping my phone. It took several days to get all my apps on the phone and passwords installed. I really don't want to go through that again. Any suggestions other than a hammer?

anon(3415124)

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Use your browser and search for Google play. You can log in and perhaps install the app from there. It looks like you can handle all your updates from there as well, until you get it back on your phone.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The "market" is now google play. The markets icon was replaced by a white bag with the bluish triangle in it. Its called "play store" now.

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx

Reactions: jim2112

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am unlocked, rooted, and running CleanROM GBE 1.7, I received the notification that I received the Google Play update but nothing has happened. I still have Android Market. Anyone else experiencing this? And for those that have more technical understanding is this something I need to be concerned about?

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The "market" is now google play. The markets icon was replaced by a white bag with the bluish triangle in it. Its called "play store" now.

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx

That was it. I looked for "Google play". It was named "play store" as you said.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings > Applications > All. Clear the cache and force stop 'Market' Close and open the Market app itself. It should ask you to accept the terms and then download the new Play (w/new icon).

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Link into the market from one of the other play apps (books, movies, or music) by clicking the market icon in them (after clearing data in market).

I've seen it triggered from different ones, so try all 3

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Link into the market from one of the other play apps (books, movies, or music) by clicking the market icon in them (after clearing data in market).

I've seen it triggered from different ones, so try all 3

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion, but still no love. I'm beginning to think it is because I am rooted with CleanRom GBE 1.7

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You can download Google play here I had the same problem with it staying as market as you and this fixed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?72w5189rc2wpa0c

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk.

Once I download this apk how do I install it? Also, just curious, what is the build number for Google Play? The build number on my phone for "Market" is 3.4.4. I was just wondering if my phone actually upgraded to Google Play but did not change the icon.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The build number is 3.4.6
And to install it just click on the download and it should ask you if you want to install it. Or use astro file explorer to do it.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk.

Reactions: buckifvr

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks