Rezound like the Incredible when charging?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible had one serious (in my opinion) flaw from the get go, it was the way it charges. Whereas most phones, when plugged in to a charger, will start to run off the charger once the battery reaches 100%, the DInc would actually begin to run off the battery. This would cause the owner to pull the phone off the charger and see the battery percentage begin to rapidly drop. Many, like myself, resorted to the use of multiple batteries and wall chargers. This would allow the batteries to reach a true 100% charge. Others would "bump" charge.

I am new to the Rezound but once already the Rezound has exhibited this very same behavior. After being on the charger for a few hours after the battery reached a "full" charge and then the charger was unplugged, the phone seemed to lose charge rather quickly. Is this something many are seeing?

I will give it a few more charge cycles to see but if it is going to be like the Incredible was I might be out on this phone. So far I like the phone so I am hoping to see better battery performance.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The Incredible had one serious (in my opinion) flaw from the get go, it was the way it charges. Whereas most phones, when plugged in to a charger, will start to run off the charger once the battery reaches 100%, the DInc would actually begin to run off the battery. This would cause the owner to pull the phone off the charger and see the battery percentage begin to rapidly drop. Many, like myself, resorted to the use of multiple batteries and wall chargers. This would allow the batteries to reach a true 100% charge. Others would "bump" charge.

I am new to the Rezound but once already the Rezound has exhibited this very same behavior. After being on the charger for a few hours after the battery reached a "full" charge and then the charger was unplugged, the phone seemed to lose charge rather quickly. Is this something many are seeing?

I will give it a few more charge cycles to see but if it is going to be like the Incredible was I might be out on this phone. So far I like the phone so I am hoping to see better battery performance.

My standard battery did the same thing when I first got my Rezound, it only lasted for a few battery cycles though. However it only did it when I used it while charging. It didn't dissipate juice rapidly though, just a few % points. FWIW, it's never happened with my extended battery.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about whether the phone uses the battery/charger when in use on the charger, but i do know that it let's the battery run back down a bit, and you want it to do this. If it didn't, your battery would only last a couple of months. 100% means it at its peak charge and peak wear level. Leaving it there is like leaving an engine at redline. Just not good. It's protecting your battery and shouldn't let it get below 90% if left on the charger.

There have been some really good articles about this if you look them up. Also, the percentage your phone displays is usually not very accurate.

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound shuts off the charge at 100% and does not use the charging port for power anymore, but has never let the battery drop below 90% before switching the charge function back on. My Thunderbolt did not do this, and left the charging port active whenever a cord was plugged in, regardless of charge %.

One strange thing I noticed is that when running GPS navigation while plugged in, my Rezound gets really hot but the charge % seems to freeze or charge very slowly. It's almost like the device can't decide whether to charge (power from cord) or use battery power.

I haven't noticed a real problem, but it is interesting

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
One strange thing I noticed is that when running GPS navigation while plugged in, my Rezound gets really hot but the charge % seems to freeze or charge very slowly. It's almost like the device can't decide whether to charge (power from cord) or use battery power.

Its not that it can't decide it's because the GPS, well the navigation to be specific, really hits the battery hard considering all its doing i.e. tracking and receiving satellite data, using your 4G/3G connection to constantly redraw the map as you travel unless you've cached them, and just keeping the screen on. The charge rate can just barely keep up.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Its not that it can't decide it's because the GPS, well the navigation to be specific, really hits the battery hard considering all its doing i.e. tracking and receiving satellite data, using your 4G/3G connection to constantly redraw the map as you travel unless you've cached them, and just keeping the screen on. The charge rate can just barely keep up.

On that note, I wonder what kind of effect VLA adds to battery drain while location granted apps are in use and GPS is active?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol