Does Android have something like this in Itunes

BigDNY#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
VERY VERY NEW TO ANDRIOD after using Blackberry for years!! Still getting used to the different screens, flow, etc.

Very NEWBIE question..

When my wife connects her iPhone to her computer, she can manipulate the screen on her iphone on the desktop to move icons, create folders, etc..

Does Android have something similar? I have installed a few themes and switch back and forth for no reason at all.. But the folders etc need to be updated on each theme unless Im doing something wrong. Im so used to one screen on my blackberry with sub folders..

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not exactly sure what you are asking here. But if you need a file explorer you can download astro file explorer from the market for your phone. I am not sure what you are trying to do. Are you editing system framework to produce themes, or are you using themes on a custom launcher or Rom?

Sent from my Rezound

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know there is nothing like you are explaining in your post. Google uses the cloud so I think the closest you'll get to iTunes is to use Google services to upload all your stuff to the cloud. From there you can sync all your stuff to your Android phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
You can use Google Music. It has a similar interface to iTunes. It works through a web browser on your computer and the app on your phone. It syncs to your device via the web.

Sent from my Rezound

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
VERY VERY NEW TO ANDRIOD after using Blackberry for years!! Still getting used to the different screens, flow, etc.

Very NEWBIE question..

When my wife connects her iPhone to her computer, she can manipulate the screen on her iphone on the desktop to move icons, create folders, etc..

Does Android have something similar? I have installed a few themes and switch back and forth for no reason at all.. But the folders etc need to be updated on each theme unless Im doing something wrong. Im so used to one screen on my blackberry with sub folders..

Unfortunately, no there's nothing like that available under android, as far as I can tell. I've had an iphone for years and there are things that Apple does very well. The integration of their iOS devices with itunes and their cloud is one of them. I miss the ability to manipulate the phone's screen with desktop software.

Even more, I miss the ability to completely back up a phone, including all of the look and feel of the device via a itunes/the cloud. Yes, you can re-download everything you've ever downloaded from the Google app store, but you have to do that manually, and place them in folders, home pages, etc. all over again if you ever have to do a factory reset or get a replacement phone. I've read that rooting one's android phone could give you this backup ability, but it should be a native process offered by Google....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BigDNY#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It was hard to explain.. But after talking to the iphone and android users at work today they educated me. The ability to create folders and move icons to it (from what Im told) is not standard in Gingerbread. I loaded an app GO Launch which allows me to create these folders, etc.. I confused that with the operating system itself. When I switched back to HTC Sense it wasn't there.

So I will use that theme 100% or start reading up on rooting (if can't wait for ICS)

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
ICS is pretty sweet. I am running it now with a rooted rom. You can create folders on your desktop in Gingerbread though too.

Go Launcher is custom launcher not a theme. There are many on the market. Adw, launcher pro and go launcher ex are just a few.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
You car create folders on your home screens with sense. Just not nin the app drawer.

The whole controlling the phone with computer thing sounds like something rthat a Manufacturer could add to its skin. Would be a decent selling point. I guess Apple would just sue the balls off of them for doing something remotely similar though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad