Leaked ics

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Sense 3.6

I might give it a try, when I get home. I would like to hear more feedback, first.

Any comments, Mr. Smith?

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Mr. Smith had written "We're getting 4.0.4 with Sense 4.", so, this may be an older release candidate, that, might be fun to play with, but, may not be worth the bother.

Hopefully, Mr. Smith can give us more insight to this.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Nobody is sure this is the official, but it seems like it's close. Scott seemed to think it was official, but there is word that it is not (android police, AC). Seems you don't need to be rooted if you really wanted to try, but my guess is if your not rooted, you may want to wait a day or two so other people can screw up things, and the fixes are already known.

If this is close to final, maybe HTC will keep it's promise of 1st quarter ICS. Ahhh, then all the ing about the one thing that won't work and they screwed us because it was rushed.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mr. Smith had written "We're getting 4.0.4 with Sense 4.", so, this may be an older release candidate, that, might be fun to play with, but, may not be worth the bother.

Hopefully, Mr. Smith can give us more insight to this.

He's wrong, plain and simple. No preexisting sense phone is getting anything other than 3.6.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Nobody is sure this is the official, but it seems like it's close. Scott seemed to think it was official, but there is word that it is not (android police, AC). Seems you don't need to be rooted if you really wanted to try, but my guess is if your not rooted, you may want to wait a day or two so other people can screw up things, and the fixes are already known.

If this is close to final, maybe HTC will keep it's promise of 1st quarter ICS. Ahhh, then all the ing about the one thing that won't work and they screwed us because it was rushed.

I'm guessing this is the build they'll fork over to Verizon for testing and nonsensical additions.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I would love to hold down hope for sense 4.0, but I don't think that there is any real point anymore. All evidence is to the contrary and if this is the real final build(or close) then it is the last nail in the coffin.

Hopefully a Rom will be adapted even though the camera software thing that is supposed to be the reason we won't get it(main).

At least it looks like we are getting close. I hope HTC makes a big deal about giving it to Verizon so we can pressure the crap out of them to give it to us asap and keep the bloat to a minimum.

NotoriousNeo

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Well so far this is an interesting update. There's some traces of stock ICS looking notices, mixed with original ones that leads me to believe this may not be finished. For example, the setup process looks nearly identical to what you'd see on the G-Nex.

Some of the stock ICS widgets are there too, like bookmarks, as well as some of the ICS live wallpapers, and at times it all seems to run a wee bit smoother, although certain things like the aforementioned bookmarks widget don't while scrolling through that. Perhaps the final build will address those issues. As it stands, it's seemingly a nifty update.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Installing now. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Nothing's going to top my ICS loaded Razr Maxx though. =)

They did a nice job w/ using the TI OMAP enjoy it while it sits atop the heap. S4 is around the corner and it's looking for a fight. Thanks for the quick update, I didn't expect this build to be much different than what is already available for the Rezound. Guess I'll just end up skipping it to jump on CM9 in the near future.

emmib

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
He's wrong, plain and simple. No preexisting sense phone is getting anything other than 3.6.

I disagree with that, the HTC Desire S and Desire HD both got HTC Sense 3, even though they launched with 2 or something like that.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I disagree with that, the HTC Desire S and Desire HD both got HTC Sense 3, even though they launched with 2 or something like that.

You just kicked a Japanese hornet nest w/ this post. Droid800 likes to rub salt in an open wound. His posts inflate to twice the normal size when challenged, if he knows he's right about something. For better or worse, the 411 is correct. You are correct about your referenced info. but this doesn't appear to be applicable to the official UI for ICS on the Rezound.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well so far this is an interesting update. There's some traces of stock ICS looking notices, mixed with original ones that leads me to believe this may not be finished. For example, the setup process looks nearly identical to what you'd see on the G-Nex.

Some of the stock ICS widgets are there too, like bookmarks, as well as some of the ICS live wallpapers, and at times it all seems to run a wee bit smoother, although certain things like the aforementioned bookmarks widget don't while scrolling through that. Perhaps the final build will address those issues. As it stands, it's seemingly a nifty update.

So does everything seem to work like it's supposed to?

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4G using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

And? What does that have to do with phones getting sense 3.6 instead of 4.0? We know for a fact that HTC will not be releasing 4.0 for any handset already on the market.

BigBoz

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 questions.

1. I'm completely stock but if I install this leak would I be able to get the official OTA one when it comes out from Verizon?

2. Will this wipe data(contacts, apps, etc)?

Stupid questions I know. I just don't wanna root this phone just yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane