Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve54
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen protector

just read an interesting thread in the incredible 2 forum "naked and loving it".

what are thoughts of rezound owners, screen protector or not? And if you do use a screen protector, which do you prefer, regular or no glare?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: screen protector

I've never used a screen protector and in almost 4 years of owning an Android phone I've never scratched a screen. I've also never used a case/bumpers and rarely if ever drop my phone.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Got my fiance a screen protector for her Rezound because she usually just tosses it into her abyss......I mean purse. I'm a bit more careful but will still get one simply because its a cheap piece of mind. My Rezound stays in the belt clip case with kick stand I got from Verizon.

Hi, stumbled on a GREAT screen protector! In my opinion they are a must have but I came across skinomi and its half the price as zagg and works WONDERFULLY! Clear, crisp, no bubbles or streaks! Self healing and strong yet won't inhibit the touchscreen! I tried zagg before and honestly it was a mess for me, but skinomi went on super easy and not one bubble! It goes on with the same concept.as zagg, remove battery, spray protector place on phone use card to smooth, mop up extra liquid. It only took two sprays on the protector only then it fit so preciseon my HTC Sensation, even the rounded corners fit without bubbles or problems! Next day, actually immediately it looked great! Any alight imperfections that were present during install disapeared completely by the next day! I was shocked on how wonderful it is! By the way it has a lifetime warentee ! I'll never use anything but skinomi again! Check it out ! The price is great! My HTC looks like nothing is even on it! Can't say enough great things about skinomi. I really love it. It protects my device and is guaranteed a lifetime ! Screen savers are a great thing for me because no matter how careful I am I always manage to scratch my screen somehow.if you scratch skinomi, its self healing too! Just a great product if installed correctly!

By the way, I don't work for nor am I attached to skinomi in any way, I just think its a great product!

I got the Smartphone Experts protectors from ShopAndroid (Android Central's store site) and I'm not sure it's going to last. I've only had the phone for a day, so it could be something else, but the protector seems to be seriously impacting the proximity sensor. When I take the phone away from my face during a call, it takes up to 30 seconds before the screen lights up again. If its a thermal sensor, I guess the protector is warming up from my face and taking a while to cool back down.

Johnie

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Quote Originally Posted by staffordjm View Post
    I got the Smartphone Experts protectors from ShopAndroid (Android Central's store site) and I'm not sure it's going to last. I've only had the phone for a day, so it could be something else, but the protector seems to be seriously impacting the proximity sensor. When I take the phone away from my face during a call, it takes up to 30 seconds before the screen lights up again. If its a thermal sensor, I guess the protector is warming up from my face and taking a while to cool back down.

Johnie
    It's a light sensor, it's also used to know when it's in your pocket/purse.

Quote Originally Posted by staffordjm View Post
    Never mind. Things progressed this morning to the point that any time that I made a call the screen would blank and not come back at all. I ended up having to pull the battery to get the screen to come back. I went back to the Verizon store and swapped the phone.

Johnie

My rezound got one very small scratch when almost new. I guess it got scratched from sand in my pocket.

So I bought one of the cheapest protectors from an ebay dealer. This style doesn't use a spray, just clean the phone, peel off the backing, unroll it down, and squeege it with a credit card. It seems to work well. My installation was not perfect. There are a few specs visible, but only a purist would care. I feel much better about abusing the phone now.

So I strongly recommend that you get one. I can't say which is best, but any will give you lots of protection.

There was a video on the news recently showing someone abusing a phone, and the screen protector succeeded in protecting the screen when the phone was dropped from >2M (>6 feet) onto a hard surface, but an unprotected phone shattered. I haven't tried that experiment.

Zagg is the only way to roll!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

I have always used screen protectors and a case of some kind. While I prefer the "naked " phone, I prefer more taking care of these expensive devices. Just runoff based on my attitudes regarding my musical equipment, I suppose.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Blessings...Steve
    Rom 10.13
    silvra7 likes this.

Halo....dirt cheap, crystal clear and durable.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I have yet to see a screen protector on ANY phone that doesnt take away from the clarity of the screen. I never use them.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

How easy is it to scratch the screen on the rezound. I never use them but I have one on mine now and it is taking away from the screen alot.

ROM
    I don't root.

I have used both the static-held clear screen protector as well as Zagg Invisible Shield. I prefer the Zagg and getting it professionally installed at the Zagg kiosk in the mall. I have even replaced my Zagg screen because it got some gnarly scratches on it. That would have been my actual phone's glass screen had I not placed the Zagg on it.

I also have Zagg on my Galaxy tab 7.0 plus.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.