G-Mail Freezing

WD6FOX

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My G-mail App.. Not the native e-mail app keeps freezing... I uninstalled the update, and re-installed..still have the issue any suggestions?

Sean

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My G-mail App.. Not the native e-mail app keeps freezing... I uninstalled the update, and re-installed..still have the issue any suggestions?

Sean

Freezing when, upon opening or what? Even with the mobile app being problematic at the moment. You should still be able to access your gmail account online if need be.

WD6FOX

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes When I open the G"MAIL" the screen flashes, If I use the Native Email application UI can view it, but it doesnt refresh as often enven If I manually refresh... I know I am not explaining it correctly hopefully you understand

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but I came here to post about the same problem. My main Gmail account is no longer listed as an email account in the Gmail app. And, the app is almost totally unresponsive to the touch.

So far, none of these helped:

• Reboot
  • Shut down - cold restart
  • Force Stop the Gmail app
  • Clear Gmail App Cache
  • as mentioned by the OP, uninstalling the app updates doesn't help either
I guess I'll be stuck with doing a factory reset.

I recorded a quick video showing the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5pReSNywB8

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
It just got worse. Now, I get a blank, black screen when I wake up the phone -- the unlock slider doesn't appear. After rebooting, I can unlock the phone, but I see a blank, black screen where the home screen is supposed to be.

To the OP, let me know if you end up resolving the issue without a factory reset. I'm resetting, though.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What I think is weird is that this issue seems to be hitting the new tablets hard, Asus Prime seems to be the hardest, not so much mentions phones. Resets seem to be the best bet. Weird issue to just pop up out of the blue. That ish looks goofy man, hope the reset does the trick.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't aware that tablets were having this problem, too.

I did the factory reset. The Gmail app is working again.

I certainly called VZW tech support and reported the problem, too.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: TBolt

WD6FOX

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just saw your You Tube Video,.... WOW I am having the Same Issue!!! WTF How do we fix this? Did you call Verizon or HTC? - Sean

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I just saw your You Tube Video,.... WOW I am having the Same Issue!!! WTF How do we fix this? Did you call Verizon or HTC? - Sean

I spoke to Verizon Wireless tech support. Sadly, they said they weren't aware of any problems. lol. Tech support must not have Internet access at work.

I haven't had the problem since doing a factory reset.

I read on code.google.com that someone noticed the version # of their Gmail app updated when the problem occurred. That update has been rolled back - hopefully you're seeing good results by now.

Marshy

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem yesterday too. I was getting a /dev/pmem/ no more pmem error. After playing with it and trying all sorts of fixes, it never worked. Until I got to work this morning, went to the bathroom and automatically opened up gmail. I cursed at myself and then realized it was working properly.

Deleting the data, cache, reinstalling gmail didn't work. Rebooting didn't matter. I really don't know what the fix was, but nothing updated or changed. Very peculiar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra