Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lovin' My Phone

Thumbs down Verizon is way behind!

Posted on Facebook this morning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC

We're thrilled to share the sweet news with you first. Starting today, the HTC Vivid on AT&T will be one of the first smartphones in the U.S. to receive an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich, along with an optimized audio experience with Beats By Dre and a refreshed HTC Sense experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~Janet~
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I saw this too! Pick it up Verizon!
    skatergirl likes this.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Verizon is always behind. Better get used to it or switch carriers...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Lovin' My Phone

Default Re: Verizon is way behind!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post

Been with Verizon since it was Airtouch
    ~Janet~

Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post

Well, Verizon was the first carrier in the US to carrier to have ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Been with Verizon since it was Airtouch
    Uh oh, you blew your cover, I thought you changed your username to throw off those rotten Airtouch bill collectors. They"ll be on your tail for sure, better grease up those bearings in your blades.
    skatergirl likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Uh oh, you blew your cover, I thought you changed your username to throw off those rotten Airtouch bill collectors. They"ll be on your tail for sure, better grease up those bearings in your blades.
    LOL! Yep, I better grease up those bearings!

It's hard to believe I have only been with one cellular company.
    ~Janet~

Only thing I'm going to say here is, your complaining about Verizon not releasing ICS update for your devices?

Think about how the Nexus S & Nexus S 4g users feel not getting ICS officially released yet.. ? Were sitting back getting skipped over by branded devices when we should of been one of the first phones updated after the release of the GNex.

I think these complaining threads about not receiving ICS updates need to settle down, everyone will get their updates when the manufacture and carrier feels they are bug free enough and ready for a daily driver.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    Viper

Not to be frank, but is anyone surprised? Verizon has to make sure the ungodly amount of bloat will work. Sense the rezound has as much or more than any other phone, expect to be one of the last. My girlfriend got a text from Verizon on her rhyme saying that an update was coming soon which I assume to be ics. Her phone has little to no bloat so I assume she will get it long before I will. Remember, paying more for a phone means getting more quality included apps from Verizon /rant
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

In my opinion, Rezound owners have little to complain about. You bought a phone fully aware that it is using an old OS. Given the fact you are participating in a forum like this one, it is well known that very rarely if ever are OS updates like this one are released without months of preparation first.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:
    moosc 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Lovin' My Phone

To me is sounds like forum users are being scolded for discussing news and thier opinions.

I'm sorry, but this is not to way to maintain friendly participation on this board.
    ~Janet~
    leroybrute likes this.

To me is sounds like forum users are being scolded for discussing news and thier opinions.

I'm sorry, but this is not to way to maintain friendly participation on this board.
    We don't scold users for expressing their opinions as long as they are within the forum rules. We have no rule against speaking out about a device update. In no way or shape did I say that you can't openly speak, only that everyone needs to chill a little...

I was merely expressing my opinion on users complaining about their ICS update when here I own a Nexus device which should of received its update long ago and I'm still patiently waiting... I do happen to be on a carrier that is SLOW, Sprint.... Be thankful for what you have with Verizon.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I say everybody takea their frustrations out on all the bloggers who've been yacking about when Jellybeans coming out, over the past couple of days. That will make you feel a lil better about the wait.
    skatergirl likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    I say everybody takea their frustrations out on all the bloggers who've been yacking about when Jellybeans coming out, over the past couple of days. That will make you feel a lil better about the wait.
    LOL!

Maybe we should just skip Ice Cream Sandwich and go straight for Jelly Bean. The only problem is that I like ice cream A LOT better than jelly beans
    !
    ~Janet~
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Lovin' My Phone

... or, we can wait even longer for Key Lime Pie!

~Janet~

I care about coverage and 4g service, Verizon has that over ATT. And if its really about getting ICS I'm rooting and can just flash Rom right away if I wanted it that bad.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Lovin' My Phone

I think the issue for many Rezound owners is that they were pretty much told first quarter 2012 for ICS and naturally most people want those upgraded features.

Verizon is a lot more expensive than AT&T and more is expected of Verizon than of AT&T.

I think Rezound owners have a right to want ICS and to complain, if they want to, because they have not gotten what they were told they were going to get.

I love my phone, with or without ICS, but I DO want the upgrade ... as do many others. Verizon has gotten so big, that it has dropped the ball in a number of areas (especially customer satisfaction) over the past few years. Telling customers that Rezound would have ICS in first quarter 2012 is just another sign that Verizon has lost touch and yes, is behind.
    ~Janet~
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Motorola and vzw have always been good at or even first to get updates on phone. And like rezound they promised ics first quarter and now being told well they haven't hit consideration point yet. If u want ics and razr buy the GSM version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    We don't scold users for expressing their opinions as long as they are within the forum rules. We have no rule against speaking out about a device update. In no way or shape did I say that you can't openly speak, only that everyone needs to chill a little...

I was merely expressing my opinion on users complaining about their ICS update when here I own a Nexus device which should of received its update long ago and I'm still patiently waiting... I do happen to be on a carrier that is SLOW, Sprint.... Be thankful for what you have with Verizon.
    One of the reasons I chose Verizon is because for my uses, Verizon is substantially cheaper than Sprint.

I think the issue for many Rezound owners is that they were pretty much told first quarter 2012 for ICS and naturally most people want those upgraded features.

Verizon is a lot more expensive than AT&T and more is expected of Verizon than of AT&T.

I think Rezound owners have a right to want ICS and to complain, if they want to, because they have not gotten what they were told they were going to get.

I love my phone, with or without ICS, but I DO want the upgrade ... as do many others. Verizon has gotten so big, that it has dropped the ball in a number of areas (especially customer satisfaction) over the past few years. Telling customers that Rezound would have ICS in first quarter 2012 is just another sign that Verizon has lost touch and yes, is behind.
    I think those of us seasoned realize that carrier or manuf. promises are not really to be trusted, and are in general delayed particularly in updates. If you must have ICS, get a phone with ICS already. Or get the leaked ICS which doesn't require root.

For my uses, AT&T would be about the same price as Verizon. But once I factor in my data uses, AT&T would be WAY more expensive than Verizon, since I use unthrottled 25-30gb 4GLTE. To get the same unthrottled data on AT&T would cost WAY more.
    Thanked by:

Talking Re: Verizon is way behind!

I think those of us seasoned realize that carrier or manuf. promises are not really to be trusted, and are in general delayed particularly in updates. If you must have ICS, get a phone with ICS already. Or get the leaked ICS which doesn't require root..
    If only Verizon had a good phone with ICS! I suppose Verizon will as soon as the Rezound gets ICS.
    skatergirl likes this.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    In my opinion, Rezound owners have little to complain about. You bought a phone fully aware that it is using an old OS. Given the fact you are participating in a forum like this one, it is well known that very rarely if ever are OS updates like this one are released without months of preparation first.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    The complaining doesn't stem from the fact that we have an older OS and yell "gimme! gimme!" when we saw a new one, the complaining stems from HTC blowing smoke up our asses with the "early 2012 ICS" talks. Here we are, a couple of days from April, and still no solid ICS talk aside from "coming soon."
    Not that I believed HTC or any other manufacturer anyway, but that doesn't excuse any of them from lying in an attempt to get sales. I bought the Rezound for the hardware, and I'm plenty pleased with it.

Oh, and Verizon optimizing their barrel of [deleted] for ICS certainly doesn't speed up the process. Good thing there's plenty of HTC ICS leaks.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 03-23-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Cleanup
    skatergirl and aflores1285 like this.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

I add 6-12 months to every timeline Verizon announces when it comes to OS updates. This way I'm rarely disappointed. Well until the update comes out, and it FUBARs my phone (Incredible). So, you might want to be careful what you wish for.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
    Thanked by:
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    The complaining doesn't stem from the fact that we have an older OS and yell "gimme! gimme!" when we saw a new one, the complaining stems from HTC blowing smoke up our asses with the "early 2012 ICS" talks. Here we are, a couple of days from April, and still no solid ICS talk aside from "coming soon."
    Not that I believed HTC or any other manufacturer anyway, but that doesn't excuse any of them from lying in an attempt to get sales. I bought the Rezound for the hardware, and I'm plenty pleased with it.

Oh, and Verizon optimizing their barrel of [deleted] for ICS certainly doesn't speed up the process. Good thing there's plenty of HTC ICS leaks.
    Didn't I say that we'd be lucky to see the official ICS update before Xmas 2013? I agree with everyone else, it is BS that HTC said Q1 2012 for the update and that they haven't delivered. However I've been on ICS for quite a while now. I've found the ROM base that I liked and tweaked it to exactly what I want. While having official ICS would be nice, it's not a major concern for me.

This is why a lot of us use custom ROMs to begin with. Initially it was to get functionality...now it's to get what we WANT. I wanted ICS, so I got it. Rooting/ROM'ing needs to lose the stigma that it's wrong/will break your phone. Some nice stable ROMs have come down the pike, and while they don't have the celebrity status of Cyanogenmod, they're definitely "daily drivers"
    Last edited by Paul627g; 03-23-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: cleanup of quoted comment
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
    skatergirl likes this.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Didn't I say that we'd be lucky to see the official ICS update before Xmas 2013? I agree with everyone else, it is BS that HTC said Q1 2012 for the update and that they haven't delivered. However I've been on ICS for quite a while now. I've found the ROM base that I liked and tweaked it to exactly what I want. While having official ICS would be nice, it's not a major concern for me.

This is why a lot of us use custom ROMs to begin with. Initially it was to get functionality...now it's to get what we WANT. I wanted ICS, so I got it. Rooting/ROM'ing needs to lose the stigma that it's wrong/will break your phone. Some nice stable ROMs have come down the pike, and while they don't have the celebrity status of Cyanogenmod, they're definitely "daily drivers"
    Which ICS are you using? I've prepped my phone for a ROM switch but I'm wishy washy about which ICS ROM to stick on here.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    One of the reasons I chose Verizon is because for my uses, Verizon is substantially cheaper than Sprint.

I think those of us seasoned realize that carrier or manuf. promises are not really to be trusted, and are in general delayed particularly in updates. If you must have ICS, get a phone with ICS already. Or get the leaked ICS which doesn't require root.

For my uses, AT&T would be about the same price as Verizon. But once I factor in my data uses, AT&T would be WAY more expensive than Verizon, since I use unthrottled 25-30gb 4GLTE. To get the same unthrottled data on AT&T would cost WAY more.
    Hi

Dumb question here: What is leaked ICS?
    ~Janet~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast