Beats earbuds broken? Here's what to do!

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Some of you may remember a few weeks ago, I posted about how the Beats earbuds that came with my Rezound had stopped working. I finally got it squared away. Please take note, in case you buds break too.

The headphones have a 1-year warranty through HTC. After being passed around from the Verizon store to Customer Service to Monster and back around again, I was finally given this phone number:

1-866-449-8358

This the department at HTC that deals with these issues. Once they verify your information, you have two options.

1) You mail the broken headphones to them on your dime, any mailing method. They have to receive the headphones within 30 days of the claim being filed. Once they receive your faulty buds, they will mail a new set back (shipping cost on them).

2) You can give them your credit card number. They will hold $1 on it and send out your new headphones immediately. If they don't receive your broken headphones within 30 days, they will charge $109 to your account.

I chose option 1 (duh, lol). So there it is, guys and gals. What a mess that was. Just glad I'm not stuck with a pair of dead headphones.

-mcskipp

DRKayak

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My experience was that the Verizon store manager initiated the trade with a delayed charge to my Verizon account. If I did not return the old earbuds in the box the new ones came in, I would have been hit with a $75 charge.

User's experience may vary. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. :-$

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As I stated before several times in other threads, the warranty that you have is with the manufacturer, HTC, not with Verizon. This is standard for most items purchased. Verizon may, as a favor, replace phones or accessories under warranty, but they are not legally required to. HTC otoh is the manufacturer and hence is required to replace the phone and its accessories under warranty for defects in material or workmanship. As I also said in the other threads, HTC requires that you pay return shipping to them, but shipping from HTC back to you is free. When you ship, make sure to send it back a trackable method. The warranty information is also discussed in the warranty booklet that came with the phone when you bought it (assuming you bought it new) as well and probably lists that number or a similar number for warranty service.

Monster is not the manufacturer of the Rezound or it's accessories. HTC buys many components like the headphones from Monster, chip from Qualcomm, lcd from Samsung/Sony, micro sd card from Sandisk or similar, etc., but for the purposes of the Rezound, HTC is the manufacturer. Warranty requests go through them. Then, of course, they may send the item back to Monster or other supply sources.

Last edited:

BigDNY#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Cant be better timing..My Beats stopped working last night! the Next - Forward button isnt working and its forcing the next song seconds after a new song plays.. Pandora shut down on me.

Thank YOU!!

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon store said they would have given me a replacement, had they had a pair onsite, but the buds come packaged with each phone. They had a pair that came with the store model, but it disappeared.

If your buds break, save yourself the trouble and just call the number I originally posted (HTC Accessory Replacement Department). You will have your new headphones in no time :)

Still loving my Rezound, by the way! I've played with all the other new Verizon phones. Rezound is the clear winner for me. And isn't it great that hardly anyone knows it?? Our board is thankfully lacking a mass of frothing children, lol.

-mcskipp

Reactions: johnsonwcjw

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the post. I'm going to make the call. The buds on mine came apart exposing the inner wires and the two parts won't stay connected anymore. I've always kept them in the carry pouch that came with the buds and I just think they are poorly made. But I might as well get them replaced since they are still under warranty.

jsdaquila

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the post. I'm going to make the call. The buds on mine came apart exposing the inner wires and the two parts won't stay connected anymore. I've always kept them in the carry pouch that came with the buds and I just think they are poorly made. But I might as well get them replaced since they are still under warranty.

Mine have been doing the same thing. Thank you for the number!!!

Hannah Couleur

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
so basically... my cat chewed my head phones within 24 hours of having them. i know this is a stupid question but I'd be a fool for not asking... they are only willing to replace headphones that broke because of poor manufacturing, correct? :-[

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
so basically... my cat chewed my head phones within 24 hours of having them. i know this is a stupid question but I'd be a fool for not asking... they are only willing to replace headphones that broke because of poor manufacturing, correct? :-[
Ummm... Yeah, they will only replace them for defective parts or manufacturing, that would be considered abuse and is not covered by a warranty.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
While I do like my ibeats, they get uncomfortable after extended time in my ears. Also they can get a bit bass heavy. If you are going to spend money to replace them I suggest the Bose in ear buds. They sound great (not the bass level that beats has) and they are comfortable for hours at a time. Get the model with the mic and button and use Jay's headset controller with it. When the music is off, you can leave them in your ear and still hear around you. I keep my beats for plane rides as they block out more background noise.