Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,090 Posts
    Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Place your ICS bets!

    Do you think the Rezound will see ICS this spring or summer? Articles from 2011 stated the Rezound would get it the first quarter of 2012, but that's obviously not happening. Share your predictions!
  2. #2  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,940 Posts

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    I am going to say summer at the earliest.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,090 Posts
    Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I am going to say summer at the earliest.
    So you think it could possibly be fall before we see ICS?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Late April, May at the latest.
  5. #5  
    Stelv's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Tomorrow or the next day or the day after that or the next day at the latest unless its the day after that...
    TBolt likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    March 31 to stay to hTC and Verizon's word.
  7. #7  
    pheatton's Avatar

    Posts
    660 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    March 31 to stay to hTC and Verizon's word.
    HA! That'll be the day!
  8. #8  
    bellken's Avatar

    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    just to be wrong, I will pick March 30.
  9. #9  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,940 Posts

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    So you think it could possibly be fall before we see ICS?
    I hope not that late. I hope at least by the end of the second quarter.
  10. #10  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,259 Posts
    Carrier
    Viper

    Default

    Late April or May. I'll be pissed if it's after that...
  11. #11  

    Default

    My guess is June 30th
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    April 1st, obviously!

    How do we know this? When Verizon committed, they had not noticed 2012 is Leap Year. Thus, the date they planned, March 31st, First Quarter, actually falls on the first day of April!

    Be kind to them. This only happens every four years. Their corporate calendars are probably the budget edition - the ones where each year has standard 365 days. It is far cheaper to do a Groundhog Day every 4 years.

    A friend of mine whose company sells the Days that Calendar companies build into their products explained this to me. He said that AT&T, Verizon and the Post Office buy the 365 day calendar every year, while Sprint and TMo buy the more expensive Leap Year option every 4 years. Don't believe my friend? What just happened at T-Mobile? When did it happen? Shame on them for blaming the failed merger! But, seriously, who would admit to a big layoff because of money wasted on those expensive, unnecessary Leap Year calendars?
  13. #13  

    Default

    I'm going with February 21st. That's when I got it. Just saying...

    Rootzound
  14. #14  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,259 Posts
    Carrier
    Viper

    Default

    Anyone got anymore info update related or a place where some might surface? I wish htc would tell us when they give the update Verizon so we can bug the crap out of them for it. I see them holding it from us for no real reason. They seem to hate the rezound for some reason(going by number of adds, pricing, and the fact that store clerks never stear anyone towards it it seems like). I am afraid they might withhold it until other phones like the razr get it first. Idk maybe I'm just paranoid.
  15. #15  
    jimbl's Avatar

    Posts
    1,012 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

    Default

    The first time? June. Then it will be pulled because of the issues it's causing. Then it will be released again in November.
  16. #16  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,636 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,283 Global Posts
    Carrier
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default

    The Vivid on AT&T got it two days ago. Almost the same phone. I'm anticipating it by the end of April.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,090 Posts
    Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    The Vivid on AT&T got it two days ago. Almost the same phone. I'm anticipating it by the end of April.
    I'm with ya. There were 3 HTC phones ahead of the Rezound; the Vivid being one of them.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    The first time? June. Then it will be pulled because of the issues it's causing. Then it will be released again in November.
    I second this! HTC will break our Rezounds.
  19. #19  
    tmettler5's Avatar

    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Carrier
    RezRom

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    So the question is, root, or no root? I'm torn because what if the update closes some root loopholes?
  20. #20  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    876 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,849 Global Posts
    Carrier
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Root worst you can do is use the cleanrom (gb) if you like sense and the senseless (gb) if you dont or if you want ICS there are options also scolser is the best so far
  21. #21  
    tmettler5's Avatar

    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Carrier
    RezRom

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestHorse View Post
    April 1st, obviously!

    How do we know this? When Verizon committed, they had not noticed 2012 is Leap Year. Thus, the date they planned, March 31st, First Quarter, actually falls on the first day of April!

    Be kind to them. This only happens every four years. Their corporate calendars are probably the budget edition - the ones where each year has standard 365 days. It is far cheaper to do a Groundhog Day every 4 years.

    A friend of mine whose company sells the Days that Calendar companies build into their products explained this to me. He said that AT&T, Verizon and the Post Office buy the 365 day calendar every year, while Sprint and TMo buy the more expensive Leap Year option every 4 years. Don't believe my friend? What just happened at T-Mobile? When did it happen? Shame on them for blaming the failed merger! But, seriously, who would admit to a big layoff because of money wasted on those expensive, unnecessary Leap Year calendars?
    The HTC Rezound ICS 4.0.3 Update with Sense 3.6 will Roll-out first week of April | Josephws'sBlog | YouMobile

    I would have to raise a glass to you, sir, if it is true. Can you tongue-in-cheek say I will also become independently wealthy next week too?
  22. #22  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,636 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,283 Global Posts
    Carrier
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Quote Originally Posted by tmettler5 View Post
    The HTC Rezound ICS 4.0.3 Update with Sense 3.6 will Roll-out first week of April | Josephws'sBlog | YouMobile

    I would have to raise a glass to you, sir, if it is true. Can you tongue-in-cheek say I will also become independently wealthy next week too?
    Wonder what his source is or if he even has one since none of the other blogs seem to have this yet.
  23. #23  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,259 Posts
    Carrier
    Viper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmettler5 View Post
    The HTC Rezound ICS 4.0.3 Update with Sense 3.6 will Roll-out first week of April | Josephws's Blog | YouMobile

    I would have to raise a glass to you, sir, if it is true. Can you tongue-in-cheek say I will also become independently wealthy next week too?
    Wow I wonder what evidence is behind this? If it is true then htc has delivered as long as the update works.

    And verizon location agent gone? This all sounds to good to be true.
  24. #24  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,636 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,283 Global Posts
    Carrier
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Wow I wonder what evidence is behind this? If it is true then htc has delivered as long as the update works.

    And verizon location agent gone? This all sounds to good to be true.
    You do realize that if they remove the VZW location agent (and not merge it with something else) Verizon's proprietary apps like VZ Nav will no longer work right? That is unless they have been rewritten to use Googles.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Place your ICS bets!

    Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    You do realize that if they remove the VZW location agent (and not merge it with something else) Verizon's proprietary apps like VZ Nav will no longer work right? That is unless they have been rewritten to use Googles.
    As far as I know the location agent didn't even exist on the Rezound until we got the first update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions