The one thing I really dislike about the android OS on my rezound

deevel79

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Its the picture management. I've even downloaded quick pic media file management and its still quite confusing to move pics around. I have about 5 different pic folders and in order to transfer pics between the folders, I have to click -move to then go through about 10 subfolders/files before I can transfer the pic to another folder. Why so complicated? I've had blackberries, IOS, and WebOS. Transfering pics between folders was a breeze. Why would google make such a simple task so complex? If i take pics and dont assign them to a specific folder, it is saved under 100media. What the hell is 100media? Everytime I download a pic it opens up new download folders. This is quite annoying.

Besides that I love the phone and wouldnt give it up for anything else!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: The one thing I really dislike about the android OS on my rez

100media is the default directory pictures taken with the camera are stored.

you should be able to set where downloads go, or at least i can in k9

deevel79

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

100media is the default directory pictures taken with the camera are stored.

you should be able to set where downloads go, or at least i can in k9

Would make more sense if it asked asked which folder I would like to save pics to once taken rather than having to go thru the hassle of moving them around after they are taken. At least that's how is was on my BB and IP4.

deevel79

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone else have an issue with the way this is set up? Does anyone know of an easier less complicated way to manage pics?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone else have an issue with the way this is set up? Does anyone know of an easier less complicated way to manage pics?

Through your web browser, set up your default download directory.
Through your messaging app, set up your default download directory.
Through your camera app, select "card storage."

You could funnel each and every pic into one single folder if you wanted to.
Use QuickPic for everything else.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

No matter how it's sliced HTC definitely dropped the ball on the int./ext. storage management in this regard. It was dumb to include 3 tiered storage options but not include direct access to manage the ext_sd from the device setings. Shouldn't have to jump through hoops, workarounds and 3rd party managers to get it set up.

deevel79

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

No matter how it's sliced HTC definitely dropped the ball on the int./ext. storage management in this regard. It was dumb to include 3 tiered storage options but not include direct access to manage the ext_sd from the device setings. Shouldn't have to jump through hoops, workarounds and 3rd party managers to get it set up.

Exactly my point! Thank you. Its frustrating trying to manage my pic and video media. Does anyone know if it will be the same with the ICS update?

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

signed

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Exactly my point! Thank you. Its frustrating trying to manage my pic and video media. Does anyone know if it will be the same with the ICS update?

Short answer is yes, I haven't made the leap onto the recent "unofficially official" leaked build. So, I can't speak for certain but there is a completely different storage interface in device settings on my 4.0.3 rom. Don't see why it would be any different on the leak.