Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Headset and the Rezound

Anybody found a bluetooth headset that plays nice with the HTC Rezound. I have tried both the Icon and Icon HD, Plantronics Pro and the Jabra Wave. I constantly get complaints from people on the other end saying that they can't hear me until I disconnect bluetooth. This was on stock Gingerbread and now with the leaked version of ICS for Rezound. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    Lovin' My Phone

Default Re: Bluetooth Headset and the Rezound

~Janet~

Global Posts
    1,711 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker007 View Post
    I have tried both the Icon and Icon HD, Plantronics Pro and the Jabra Wave. I constantly get complaints from people on the other end saying that they can't hear me until I disconnect bluetooth.
    Well, you've mentoned the 3 major ones, and high end ones, so i don't know where the problem is. I'm stock, have no problems with he Icon.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

I had no issues on the stock ROM, and no issues on either of SCrosler's ROMs (CleanROM ICS and his Senseless ROM). I did encounter issues with bluetooth on some other ICS ROMs.

Unfortunately all testing was done with concerns to syncing voice and media through my car's radio, and not a bluetooth headset. That being said it is definitely worth seeing if the ICS ROM you're on has documented bluetooth issues.

Having the same issue, my voyager 520 died and today I got the Wave and returned it an hour later, now I have the Marque m155 and it blows too. Going to return it tomorrow, and go get a Motorola. If it doesn't work well I'm going to get a trucker style full headset.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Plantronics Voyager Pro.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Blessings...Steve
    Rom 10.13

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaman187 View Post
    If it doesn't work well I'm going to get a trucker style full headset.
    Don't count on that doing the trick either. Hubby is a trucker has tried several none worked very well.

Sent from my Rezound via TapaTalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    Don't count on that doing the trick either. Hubby is a trucker has tried several none worked very well.

Sent from my Rezound via TapaTalk
    What did he finally settle on?

Global Posts
    1,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have a bose series one and a jawbone II and they both work great.

I use the Best Buy Rocketfish RF-MAB2 with no issues. At least no one has complained yet.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks everyone for the input. I am trying the plantronics pro HD and it seems to be working well.

I have 5 blue tooth devices that sound bad most of the time on my rezound that all sounded great on original moto droid. If ICS doesn't help I guess I see if they will trade it out. Love phone other than that.

Sent from my rezound using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

The problem is the Rezound and not the headphones,I notice on the headphone and a Bluetooth speaker the first second of sound gets clipped off.

i am jealous of you guys who have good luck with the plantronics voyager pro series and the rezound. both a voyager pro and a voyager pro HD both suck with my rezound. they both worked phenomenal with my droid x.

i have also seen other rezound posts that their phone sucked with the voyager pro series.

i use a jawbone icon now and it's acceptable, but i still sound bad sometimes. i have no problems hearing anybody ever, it's my voice that breaks up. this was the case with the plantronics. but just all the time.

Plantronics M155, bluetooth 3.0

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Anyone try leaked ICS with Ford Sync? If so does it work including text messaging?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by yngpenguin View Post
    Anyone try leaked ICS with Ford Sync? If so does it work including text messaging?
    No I haven't used Sync, but bluetooth does work on the latest ICS leak
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

I just upgraded to the Plantronics Voyager Pro + and have no issues whatsoever. Have had no issues with any Bluetooth devices I have tested either. Strange, eh?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Blessings...Steve
    Rom 10.13

Using the Blueant Q1...

Works very well.... Although callers do mention that it sounds a little muffled.

I have found out that this occurs when I'm not getting a good cell signal though.

Other than that, most of my issues with BT have been with the phone itself.

I use the headphone jack for streaming music at the same time I use the bluetooth for calls.

On the Incredible and Rezound... when calls come in, the music stops and I can answer the call... But (only on the Rezound, not the Incredible... It works fine) if I try to make a call, the music gets transferred (except with streaming Google music) to my BT during the phone commands to make the call. The music does stop when the call gets dialed.

Lego
    HTC ONE (M8 - HK edition)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)

Having the same issue, my voyager 520 died and today I got the Wave and returned it an hour later, now I have the Marque m155 and it blows too. Going to return it tomorrow, and go get a Motorola. If it doesn't work well I'm going to get a trucker style full headset.
    I'm almost sure it's not the bluetooth device , I think it has to be the phone. The h t c rezound has bluetooth issues that they ( the manufacturer) are ignoring apparently bc were in the month of july now and the latest posts I see you are april. still no fixes .

I am using a LG BT Stereo headset and they sound great. I use them for music with Poweramp and Audio books with Audible. I find they work great with the Rezound. They also work great for calls.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

My CommandOne, which worked great with my Droid X, distorted callers on my Rezound. I tried my trucker husband's Blue Parrot Road Warrior with my Rezound. The sound quality was even better than with no headset. They came out with an A2DP version of it, so I ordered it. Yep, I'll look like a Dork, but I'll be able to hear my callers loud and clear.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

had major issues with the plantroics voyager pro, pro+ and HD on stock ROM. got an icon and it was better but still not great. same complaint, i could hear them but i sounded absolutely terrible to the point it was essentially a useless headset most of the time.

lost the icon, and still had the voyager pro HD laying around. wo when i flashed scotts clean rom 4.5pro and fired up the HD and it works perfectly now.

I use Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headphones. Work great.

I'm a truck driver and rely heavily on my bluetooth. I has poor results with my plantronic headsets. I finally gave in and bought the humongous Blue Parrot that all the other drivers won't shut up about. I HATE how bulky it is, but let me tell you, NOTHING can touch the audio quality or battery life. I swear this damn thing has a nuke plant inside. I leave it on standby 24-7 and it will seriously go two weeks before needing a charge.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast