Rezound - Likes - Dislikes?

mpk2001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to get a new phone, I have had the HTC Incredible and have been for the most part pretty happy with it. Looking to upgrade on Verizon. Which is the better phone -- the HTC Rezound or the LG Spectrum?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to get a new phone, I have had the HTC Incredible and have been for the most part pretty happy with it. Looking to upgrade on Verizon. Which is the better phone -- the HTC Rezound or the LG Spectrum?

You sound like you might be the average user, and not so much into the rooting & ROMing thing.
If so, the key differences you might want to be aware of are these;
- Rezound has better battery life than then Spectrum by a decent amount, nothing earth shattering though.
- Rezound has a slightly better quality screen than the Spectrum (considered an opinion, but the pixel per inch count is in the Rezound's favor.)
- Spectrum's screen is slightly larger than the Rezound
- LG's custom skin is probably the least interesting out of all.

The phone is solid, though. A friend of mine has it and has had no complaints. He calls it the "Droid Spectrum" though. :-X

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Have had mine 2-3 mos now. Once I got my battery drain issues solved love my Rezound :) Expect to visit the threads on the battery drain problems. Got me fixed up real good :)

Sent from my Rezound via TapaTalk

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
As bloated as HTC's Sense 3.5 might be it functions way better on the Rezound than that horrible PlaySchool OS skin that LG uses on its devices.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
i had an incredible for 2 1/2 years loved it. rezound was my replacement. its like an incredible on steroids. i have not had any battery issues and get a good 16 hours on my phone with a fair bit of use during the day, internet, games, messaging.... using wifi or data, whatever is available

GET IT!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The sunlight glare is the only thing I dislike about the Rezound. The Rezound has the best camera, double the internal storage. The only thing the Spectrum has that I would like is the bigger screen.
The Spectrum is on sale now on a Bogo for $99 I believe.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I brought the Spectrum back and for the Rezound. DON'T GET THE SPECTRUM. Seriously, its crappy. It has significant lag, the internet browser would just hang up and then maybe go to the page you want 60 seconds later, mine would randomly unmount the sd card throughout the day.

Rezound battery lasts about 4-5 hours longer than the LG. Sound is incredible on the Rezound. Screens are comparible.

Reactions: broadwayblues

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Got my Rezound after two years with the Droid Incredible... Rezound is a simply amazing phone -- it fulfills my definition of the "spiritual successor" to the DInc.

"Dat screen"... 4.3 inches of jaw-droppingly amazing eye-candy.

Battery life will vary -- getting through 16 hours is cake. (I do not live in a 4G area...)

To paraphrase eBay: "Great phone. Would by again." :p

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I love my rezound and would recommend it to anyone. Most underrated phone of the year by far. Only complaints I have are bloat and superficial. Bloat will be able to be disabled with the ice cream sandwich update.

The biggest difference you will find between them is that one is htc and one is LG. LG makes solid products, but it's not htc. There is quality in software and hardware that will not be quite the same generally. That being said, you might like the spectrum better, and if you do great, but the rezound is probably a better choice imo.

O and if you have aspirations to unlock and root, then I could be wrong but I don't think the spectrum has much of any dev support.

nica7

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
After waiting and passing on the D4 (less than stellar screen) my decision was between the Rez and the Spectrum. I played with both at the store, when they were both on sale for $99, and walked out with the Rez. It felt better in my hand, size, weight and quality wise, in my opinion the screen looked better on the Rez and finally the UI was just smoother on it as well. I haven't looked back and am very happy with my Rez.

Good luck with whichever you choose :)

spongebobfn

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from the Thunderbolt so my Rezound is a Breath of fresh air. I just have one tiny complaint " I want to make my icons bigger !" I called Htc they said " oh you can do that when your phone gets the ICS update" That's all good but when is it coming seems to be the MILLION DOLLAR question.......

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Love this Rezound, but I barely made it 8 hours on the stock battery. I get 17-19 hours on the extended battery - plan on getting another battery if you use 4G & don't want to turn off features to conserve.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
From the short time I played with a Spectrum display unit, in store. It is such a step backwards that I actually wonder what LG will have to release in the future in order for me to seriously consider owning another LG phone. I enjoyed my eNV and really liked the Dare. Now it just seems like LG really has taken a huge fall from grace in my eyes. Rezound just trounces that phone in every way but one, screen size. That says alot considering the both use the S3 chipset.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know much about the Spectrum, but I had the Incredible for 2 years and love my Rezound. Screen is awesome, camera is surprisingly good for a phone, bloated sense and vzw bloat don't slow it down. Only downsides might be screen glare (galaxy nexus had very little) and power and volume buttons are too flush. Minor issues on a great phone.

Wraith72

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The Rezound has been outmarketed by the likes of the Nexus and RAZR just after it's release. This is unfortunate, because in my opinion, the Rezound is a better phone than either of them. The display is amazing and the camera is awesome. The built in Beats audio w/headphones is a nice bonus too. The phone is very snappy and responsive. The only time I've seen lag is when I have certain live wallpapers enabled.

The only complaint I would mention is the battery life, but I purchased the extended battery and replacement cover to solve that problem. Otherwise, this is definitely a phone near the top of it's game right now. When the ICS update becomes available (rumor has it being released next week), it will be even better.

Good luck with your decision.

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a Thuderbolt before my Rezound and my only dislikes with the Rezound are the extended battery really is a must, and the sleep button at the top is hard to locate and sometimes hard to push (too flush with body of phone) other than those issues. I love it.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Love my Rezound. Running CleanROM 4.2 Pro Ed. with OC @ 1.836 MHz and SD Booster set for 8193. Runs fast, smooth, AND cool. Like others my big complaint is just battery life. If a Moto can improve the Razr battery and maintain a slim profile, it would be nice if HTC would do that for the Rezound. But I love the phone and I'll live with my HTC extended battery.