General Verizon 4G phone question...

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
With the 4G phones using SIM cards, can a phone be blacklisted like the "old CDMA" days? I know a guy with a Thunderbolt that left Verizon without paying his bill off. If I were to get his Thunderbolt cheap (just for giggles...) would it still work if I stuck my SIM card in? Like with ATT phones? Or can they still blacklist his phone?

Just curious, thanks!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OK.... well it should become usable after 90 days I think. I am really not interested but if I can pick it up super cheap, the kids can use it like an ipod LOL

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why you can't use it over wifi wether it's blacklisted or not. I sometimes use my old desire this way. I thought blacklisted just kept the phone from connecting to Verizon's servers over the cell radio's?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will work over wifi. I use my old Incredible and two iPhones that way. Typing on deactivated iPhone 4 now, while my Rezound is charging! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
It will probably be black listed.. my friend walked away with a rezound and he sold it and the guy who bought it couldn't activate it with his own sim card, so I'd just let your kids have it for an iPod toy:)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It will probably be black listed.. my friend walked away with a rezound and he sold it and the guy who bought it couldn't activate it with his own sim card, so I'd just let your kids have it for an iPod toy:)

The very reason why I am hesitant to buy used phones is this. That and no warranty,at least not officially.

Anywys ,yes you can/use it as a cheap iPod. Though, you can buy a cheap cricket android for $50 or less. Of course, much smaller screen than the thunderbolt.