In the toilet, third time's a charm and my head is spinning!

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey Janet, sorry to hear about your run of bad luck!

My iPhone 4S took a dive about 5 weeks ago (yes, I know - maybe the iPhone belongs in the toilet! - but seriously, it was a solid, reliable performer before the soaking, and is a bit glitchy now), which is what has me considering whether to use the upgrade from my wife's line, which is available tomorrow.

I seriously wanted to blame my toilet incident on one of the kids, but alas, it was my own stupidity!

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry about your phone, visualizing the look on your face is amusing (please don't take that as a nasty comment) ... your new approach should work much better.

Anyway, I usually keep my phone in my purse when I'm out, at home it sits on our breakfast bar or my desk and when I walk the dogs I put my headset on and wrap my phone in sheet of heavy duty paper towel that's been folded in half and tuck it inside my bra (no listening guys!). For many years this has worked very well. I figure if it's gonna fall out, it's got to fall out then under and out of my shirt so I'll have a chance to grab it as it makes its way out - hopefully before it hits the floor or something else that can do damage.

Good luck, hope your phone life expectancy is much longer this next time around.

Thankfully the only people in the restroom were those I knew when the phone dropped in ... it was not a pretty sound! LOL!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Skatergirl, what kind of screen damage (internal/external), do you see on that Rezound of yours?

What I see now (and they are only visible on a white background) are tiny black (lots of them) horizontal lines.

I believe I was fortunate that the screen even came back, because it didn't want to. I was actually shocked when it did come on because after letting it dry out in the rice, it still sat blue for a good 15 minutes before it came back to (for now) life.

Reactions: humpagardengnome

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you scared me, i usually use my rez on the toilet, but i decided not to use it this morning when on the can.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I had a cat issue with my DInc where my cat decided that my beautiful phone needed a dunk in the dish water. Harsh...but, I ended up with a DInc2. Thanks, Puff!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I had a cat issue with my DInc where my cat decided that my beautiful phone needed a dunk in the dish water. Harsh...but, I ended up with a DInc2. Thanks, Puff!!!

You best treat Puff a little better! Next time maybe cat litter!
P.S. How much steroids do you give your cat? lol

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I call that person, "human". We all make mistakes. I would say a lot of people I know make the same mistakes over and over again. Not intentionally, it's just that way because of human nature.

And it is especially easy to make mistakes with something, such as a phone, that is contstantly in and out of your hands. Imagine going through life with just one mishap at the dinner table. No spills, no dropped plates ... no crumbs for that matter!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
"No spills, no dropped plates ... no crumbs for that matter"

Hey, that describes me! I'm the Felix to most others Oscar (although I lack the hypochondriac issue). :p LOL

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ha!!! Puff gets treated like a king. No steroids...he's naturally cat.

I think Puff saw the online price and wants his own. You might have several bouts of dishwasher returns
til he gets own. He's clearly to cool for a hand me down flip phone. If you aren't eligible for another upgrade. I suggest a feather and string or a steady flow of catnip. That may divert his Rezound obsession and keep him occupied for awhile.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I think Puff saw the online price and wants his own. You might have several bouts of dishwasher returns
til he gets own. He's clearly to cool for a hand me down flip phone. If you aren't eligible for another upgrade. I suggest a feather and string or a steady flow of catnip. That may divert his Rezound obsession and keep him occupied for awhile.

I really think that I need the catnip:rolleyes::D:cool:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Lets try and keep this thread on a more "mature" level. Some of the posts containing pics and comments are getting a little ridiculous. Remember all we have a forum etiquette we like to follow here. Please take the time to review from the Forum Rules link in my signature it if anyone is in doubt.

Thanks everyone.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lets try and keep this thread on a more "mature" level. Some of the posts containing pics and comments are getting a little ridiculous. Remember all we have a forum etiquette we like to follow here. Please take the time to review from the Forum Rules link in my signature it if anyone is in doubt.

Thanks everyone.

Paul, get what you are saying, but I've got a quick question.

When someone calls another user a name, does that person get a personal warning from you and maybe a few days of being banned or is he or she allowed to continue his or her bad behavior?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

When someone calls another user a name, does that person get a personal warning from you and maybe a few days of being banned or is he or she allowed to continue his or her bad behavior?

Report them, and be the bigger person. We don't get anywhere if we just drop down to name calling and such.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

All depends on the situation, we always try to take the best route in handling things.

Review our forum rules from my signature link and that spells out the same rules & guidelines in which we base our decisions on. As already stated if you feel someone is doing wrong then report the post.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
All depends on the situation, we always try to take the best route in handling things.

Review our forum rules from my signature link and that spells out the same rules & guidelines in which we base our decisions on. As already stated if you feel someone is doing wrong then report the post.

How do I go about reporting someone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
when viewing the full website, in the top right of each post, there is a red triangle with an exclamation mark in it, click on it to report a post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech