So when we get ICS

ayg

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
You don't lose any buttons. They'll function the same as ever. Just check Nexus S user experience post ICS update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Power button and earphone jack need to be reversed imo.

That's how the Inc was and I actually like the change. I really like the volume rocker move from the Inc. It never failed that while watching a movie or playing a game that you'd either turn the sound off or blast it. I mostly have the former, the latter not so much because I had a blown speaker :( But hey the kids don't mind now that they play games it.

Just OOC how would you loose a physical button? Just wondering.

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
That's how the Inc was and I actually like the change. I really like the volume rocker move from the Inc. It never failed that while watching a movie or playing a game that you'd either turn the sound off or blast it. I mostly have the former, the latter not so much because I had a blown speaker :( But hey the kids don't mind now that they play games it.

Just OOC how would you loose a physical button? Just wondering.

I can't stand how akward it is to power off while holding in portrait. That's my biggest gripe about hardware.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have another concern about ICS.

I am getting the Rezound this week (just bought it for $50 from Verizon) and if I spend a day setting it up to my exact needs, what are the chances the ICS upgrade will mean I'll have to start from scratch and my many hours of configuration will go down the drain? This means wallpaper, ringtone, theme, auto-sync options, Twitter and FB sign-in, etc. etc.

Should I just wait to do that until I get ICS, and live sub-optimally till then? If my experience with the Droid Incredible and the upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread is anything to go by, I might end up having to wait many many weeks.

What do you all think?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd say you have a 50/50 chance on the OTA requiring a factory reset. The Vivid made the update without a factory reset so we'll probably be safe as well.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I am getting the Rezound this week (just bought it for $50 from Verizon) and if I spend a day setting it up to my exact needs, what are the chances the ICS upgrade will mean I'll have to start from scratch and my many hours of configuration will go down the drain? This means wallpaper, ringtone, theme, auto-sync options, Twitter and FB sign-in, etc. etc.

Should I just wait to do that until I get ICS, and live sub-optimally till then? If my experience with the Droid Incredible and the upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread is anything to go by, I might end up having to wait many many weeks.

What do you all think?

the honest truth is that we do not know when the update is coming. Heck we really don't know if we are getting it. Yes HTC and Verizon both have said it'll come to this phone but until it's here or a date offically announced we really don't know.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site

What do you all think?

While I haven't experienced a OTA update myself, I believe that your data should stay intact. Can anyone confirm this? On the other hand, I for one will be using the phone in "stock" mode for the 14-day return period to see if I want to keep it. If ICS is pushed during those 14 days, then great.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't stand how akward it is to power off while holding in portrait. That's my biggest gripe about hardware.

Guess I must be a little more ambidextrous than most, replying that it's inconvenient. I seem to find the button with either hand. I usually hold the phone left handed and poke at it with the right, but I keep it in my right pocket, and use whichever hand to turn it on depending what I'm doing and what hand is available. My biggest button issue is it's hard to find the volume rocket in the dark. It's a little too flush.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
While I haven't experienced a OTA update myself, I believe that your data should stay intact. Can anyone confirm this? On the other hand, I for one will be using the phone in "stock" mode for the 14-day return period to see if I want to keep it. If ICS is pushed during those 14 days, then great.

Every OTA I've gotten has gotten a fr shortly afterwards. With froyo it was basically a requirement on the Inc. With gb it was warned against but in the end, at least for me, it became a requirement, also on the Inc. The first OTA with the Rezound got a fr, but for me that was because I had done the temp root. What will ics hold? Who knows? Maybe you will maybe you won't it really just comes down to how well your phone takes the OTA, and if you experience issues afterwards. As for you data and such if you use a backup program you will be able to quickly and painlessly reinstall your apps but you will lose app data, i.e. passwords, game saves, and accounts unless you root. Some apps offer to save you homepage layout and some of your settings but for the most part frs are pretty labor intensive if you do or have a lot on your phone. You can find dozens of backup apps on the market, both free and paid.

Last edited:

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Which one of the four bottom buttons do we lose???

Getting this bad boy as a warranty replacement for Tbolt tomorrow and I'm PUMPED about having 4 soft keys! The Nexus drove me nuts w/ it's missing menu button. That was NOT a good idea google. :/

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Getting this bad boy as a warranty replacement for Tbolt tomorrow and I'm PUMPED about having 4 soft keys! The Nexus drove me nuts w/ it's missing menu button. That was NOT a good idea google. :/

You're joking, right? The menu button wasn't missing, it was integrated into the UI.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: humpagardengnome