How can I transferr apps and app data from old phone to new phone

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I looked around but haven't found a definitive answer. I'm getting a Rezound tomorrow and currently own a Thunderbolt. What I would like to do is to be able to transfer the apps and app data from the Tbolt to the Rezound so that I don't have to start all over again on the game apps. Would Titanium backup do this? If not what would be the best way? Thanks in advance for any and all help. :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes titanium back up will do this. But full support you need to be rooted. If my suggestion is if your rooted is to start fresh and just backup the apps and data only. Don't bother with system backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: Hotweelz

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: How can I transferr apps and app data from old phone to new p

Wow, thanks for the fast reply!

Ok, what if the phones aren't rooted ? What would be my options then?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Mybackup pro, and I'm fairly sure there's another app. But on the whole they're not going to backup as much as you'd like them too if you're not rooted.

Reactions: Hotweelz

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I have an app that will be very useful..its just like itunes for android..you can back everything up by using the application called MOBILEGO made by the company wondershare..you can back everything up through your computer..contacts pictures etc. good app to have it saved me!

Wondershare Software: Photo & Video Software, PDF Tools, PC Utilities

Reactions: Issemann

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

I have an app that will be very useful..its just like itunes for android..you can back everything up by using the application called MOBILEGO made by the company wondershare..you can back everything up through your computer..contacts pictures etc. good app to have it saved me!

Wondershare Software: Photo & Video Software, PDF Tools, PC Utilities

Not trying to be mean but you can backup all of that without software. You can copy the pictures/music/etc/ directly to a PC via USB, contacts via Google. If this software costs money, just remember it's the pure cost of convenience.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Not trying to be mean but you can backup all of that without software. You can copy the pictures/music/etc/ directly to a PC via USB, contacts via Google. If this software costs money, just remember it's the pure cost of convenience.

No it doesn't cost anything at all I use it...I was just talking about apps..you can backup all your apps to the comp and then plug the new one in and bring em all back to the new device..the other stuff is just there if you feel you need it....FYI I dont pay for software not that this program isn't free..but I have my ways of getting around paying for certain things just saying :cool:

ibcnul8ter

May 1, 2013
Visit site

i just had great luck with "helium" (used to be carbon). It backs up the app and game info for what is selected. I backed it up internally, then got on the PC and copied that file info to a new phone. other options available with paid app. And then on the new phone did a restore. worked great. kinda of reminds me of sideloading on a blackberry (phone goes into developer mode)