Using the PS3 to play videos from your Rezound

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I found this good feature with the rezound that may also work with other phones. I have a few movies, videos and pictures on my phone. Now I have a mhl adapter so I can hook it up right to the tv but for some people that don't this may be a good alternative. Now this method won't mirror your screen but will let you play all videos and see all pictures in full on your tv. I plugged my phone into my Sony PS3 using the micro usb wire and clicked disk drive mode when it popped up on my phone. When your in the PS3 dashboard there is video, pictures, game icons as options. Well under each one there should be a usb device icon that shows your phone. Mine had two since it found the sd card in the phone and the internal memory that the rezound comes with. I clicked it and found all of my videos and played them right from there. Full screen crystal clear video. You can fast forward, rewind, pause, pretty much do anything you can like it was a dvd. I then went over to the picture icon and did the same thing. You can also click the button on the remote and turn a picture anyway you want it. I tried it on my xbox360 but it was only finding the internal usb storage and not the sd card so I am going to try and figure it out. This is just a good option for people who have a PS3 and want to watch there videos on there tv. As far as I know it should work even on non hdtv. I am not sure if anyone has posted anything on this but I figured I would let people know who didn't know about it.

Reactions: nica7

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
You can also use the imediashare app with the PS3 and wireless sync video and photos but both devices have to be on the same network and when fast forwarding videos its not as smooth but video playing is excellent. The PS3 will automatically detect the media share app if your media share is enabled.

briankurtz79

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used imediashare forever on multiple phones and my tablet. Not only can you sync and play video and pictures but you can copy them to the ps3 hard drive also. I have a 250GB ps3 so this is where I save most of my media overflow. What are these " wires" you speak of? Lol!

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
If you use imediashare you can also watch videos on the xbox360. I couldn't find much on this subject that's why I wrote this article. I noticed using the wire instead of wifi makes the connection a lot faster.

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
how does this crap make front page? ive been using my nexus with ps3 showtime media and to install pkg files to ps3 for close to a year..... one idiot talks about it online and they front page it. "hey, look... my msd device works as a msd device" :rolleyes: it's pathetic.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
how does this crap make front page? ive been using my nexus with ps3 showtime media and to install pkg files to ps3 for close to a year..... one idiot talks about it online and they front page it. "hey, look... my msd device works as a msd device" :rolleyes: it's pathetic.

Not everyone knows all the little things these phones can do, that's why we come here. Its called sharing of useful information. If you all ready know how to do this, then you do not need to worry about it, but others, like myself, will find it very interesting. Hence, it makes this a useful thread.

Reactions: Umass021

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone knows all the little things these phones can do, that's why we come here. Its called sharing of useful information. If you all ready know how to do this, then you do not need to worry about it, but others, like myself, will find it very interesting. Hence, it makes this a useful thread.

Thank you for that. I had no idea until I did it myself and also couldn't find anything on it. No one has hours and hours to search in the forums to see if anyone posted something on this matter. Some new androidcentral members or people new to this device may have never known about it and I wanted to help out. I am glad you appreciated it and was very happy to see it posted on the front page.