New Rezound, root or wait for update?

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
So on a spur of a moment thing I got the Rezound and it will be here tomorrow, I don't know if it best to root from the start or wait for the update? it sounds like an update is coming soon? and I took the GB update on my Incredible and wasn't able to root after that so I don't want to make the same mistake again.
Thanks for any opinions.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Rezound the first day it was released. I'm still not rooted. My advice to you is to wait. ICS rumors are circulating all over the place. Give it a week or 2 and by then we should have a better idea when the ota ICS update will be released.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So on a spur of a moment thing I got the Rezound and it will be here tomorrow, I don't know if it best to root from the start or wait for the update? it sounds like an update is coming soon? and I took the GB update on my Incredible and wasn't able to root after that so I don't want to make the same mistake again.
Thanks for any opinions.

Coming? yes. Soon? ___. Dates are always, subjective and speculated. The people who truly know anything aren't talking. *This is not meant tell you to do this. It's your choice, I just say it for 411* If ICS is a must have. You do not need to unlock & root in order to run the unofficial leak build, Sense 3.6/ICS 4.0.3. It's looking to be a safe choice b/c HTC is unlikely to give us 4.0.4. As far as losing perm. root once you are on ICS, its not gonna happen. Completely different situation now, than when the Dinc was first released. Besides, s-off is looking more like a upcoming reality.