Bluetooth problems

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I bought a Bluetooth dongle for my laptop. I cannot get my Rezound to pair with the laptop though. It goes thru everything and then fails at installing Bluetooth Peripheral Device. Any ideas?

Sent from my Verizon HTC Rezound using Tapatalk!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
IMAG0220.jpg

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I deleted and reinstalled software for the Bluetooth dongle, Medialink model no. MUA-BA3. Everything goes fine on both my Rezound and Incredible, until I get to Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver. I cannot seem to get it loaded.

Help!!!!!

IMAG0223.jpg

diarmot

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had similar problems with the Bluetooth. It connects to my car audio player-unfortunately without the track names which my Blackberry did 3 years ago. It will connect to a HP printer and will transmit a photo to be printed. However, it either won't connect to any of the laptops in my home and connects partially but not usefully to my desktop. However, with all the computers I also get the message regarding the driver. I've been trying to trouble shoot it for 3 months without much success.

I talked to HTC tech support Friday and was told that HTC has had some difficulty with compatbility with some devices. They only suggestion was to delete and then redownload the HTC Sync program since the drivers come with the sync program ?

I had also attempted to use a USB bluetooth dongle with a laptop and got the message regarding the drivers-despite having the newest ones available.

Very discouraging, I'm starting to generate some negative thoughts about the Rezound although most aspects of it are wonderful, also had problems with push email. In some ways then my almost over 3 year old Blackberry performed much better on simple tasks like bluetooth, push email and transmitting track names to a car audio. Also it had a very high functioning sync function which worked both ways (computer to Blackberry and Blackberry to computer). The HTC sync is flaky IMO, even the newest version. Yet the Rezound is so outstanding in many other ways.

BTW I was told by the tech support person that "perhaps" the ics OTA upgrade might contain some fixes for bluetooth but that sounded more like a hope than a reality. She also said that it would be available sometime "not to long" after April. An earlier tech told me it wasn't ready yet and there was no release date

Good luck

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
After doing some research, it seems it is a windows 7 problem. Apparently an update screwed up the FTP part of the bluetooth software...

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how to reinstall the Bluetooth stack, or even where to find such a download. Could use some help there.

I don't think it is the phone, as my Incredible is the same. Of course, it is HTC also so who knows. My iPhone 4 connects just fine but then it doesn't have the transfer capability anyway.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Before you do the bluetooth stack lets see how far along you get with this. To save some time i pulled this from a Win7 support forum. Here's what you need to do for both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 systems:

- Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from Download: Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details ,this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:

- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'

- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

There are few more things that you want to pay attention to. If you have already added the device in your 'bluetooth device list' that didn't work, then remove the device and add it again. After you add it, you might need to restart the computer if it gave you a connection problem error message.

Every PCs that had Windows 7 and Vista worked after installing this software and I hope it will work for you too

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Already tried that exact link and it would not install, says it is for vista only. Actually that link is for 32-bit which is why I cannot run it, my system is 64-bit.

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Already tried that exact link and it would not install, says it is for vista only.

Sent from my iPhone 4 ee(while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

Win7 doesn't support bluetooth(A2DP) in android natively without 3rd party software. If you don't have any install ware for the dongle. Hit up the BT dongle manufacturers site and dl the driver for your model. Do the same for your pc models updated bt driver on their site.

Or just hit Google Play and download a Bluetooth File Tranfer app. That will get Win7 to recognize your phone.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I did use the disk that came with the dongle, but still not helping. I have the app Bluetooth File Transfer on my phone, still no go...

What am I doing wrong??

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OK, using the app I was able to send a picture to the computer. So I have figured that out, but still unable to use my phone as internet source via bluetooth using PDAnet and bluetooth... is that not possibl;e either on Win 7?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, using the app I was able to send a picture to the computer. So I have figured that out, but still unable to use my phone as internet source via bluetooth using PDAnet and bluetooth... is that not possibl;e either on Win 7?

Do you know if your BT on the compatability list for Win7?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2