Another show of hands ...

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
He's was using 3.6 since the Sensation rom was first modded and sampled many others. I can't speak for him but I'm in agreement w/ him. 3.5>3.6, is very much one in the same. If your rooted try the modded Sense 4.0 beta rom for the Rez. Eveb that's not all that different but at least it does show progression in the Sense UI.

That's not across the board, though. It seems likely that it has more to do with what the user is running more than the build itself.

Disagree. I can put my phone on wifi and the temp drops 20 degrees. It is definitely the Radios or how they are being used by the kernel. I wouldn't mind reverting the Radios once s off is released.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey I debated between the rezound and nexus for a long time.
I live on the fringe of 3g/4g and in mountain areas I have no signal.
It is a known problem whether people admit or not. I do. (is that step 1 of the program ?)

Why I like GNex over the Rezound (personal perferences):
I wanted to tinker with my device.
NFC actually has it's purpose, but right now I use it switch profiles, startup apps, checkin, etc.
Battery life for me with the extended is killer.
Beats headphones are the lower end and I have some nice skullcandies. I like poweramp as my music player.
No bloatware- the two verizon apps are ok and don't bother me.
Rezound seemed like an updated DINC without much else in terms of form and Sense.

Don't like?
Can't just remove a memory card slot when you factory reset the device. I just spent time over the holiday reloading videos, music, etc.
Camera could be better but I get good results from it for my needs.

Bottom line is Verizon leads the way in Nexus phones and they are becoming obsolete as soon as they are released.
If I was a razr owner, I would be pissed the maxx cameout shortly after the razr release.

Sorry guys, just hate when people bash other's based on their preferences. If I weren't a member of AC I would be an owner of a Rezound or still using my DINC because a "regular" person wouldn't know what a kernel or a rom is.

Glad you guys like the rezound. It is a solid device.
HTC just makes solid devices.

Reactions: axne1

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound is not as thin and eye catching as the Razr or as big and curvaceous as the Gnex. It's a plain Jane candy bar shape. And a fat one at that. Therefore it's a bad phone. I've even seen some posts here how the Gnex is preferred because it looks better than the Rezound when turned off. Form over function reigns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Finally, some truth. Form over function. Which is why I had to return my GNex for the Rezound, I needed a smartphone that worked.

Really? I've been on 4.0.4 since the leak. :) never had a problem either. Just sayin if I had a rezound right now. I'd be more concerned with the fact that verizon is discontinuing my device. :( hate to say it but I feel like I made the right choice and didn't fall 4 beats by dre. So when I hear people bash the galaxy nexus I can only spit out facts.:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm like you, in that I love facts, but I think that is where the similarities end. I bought the GNex on Verizon release day. After a week of device swaps, SIM card swaps, and factory resets because I rarely had even 3G data (in a 4G area) - I finally gave up and returned it for the Rezound. Having data alone makes the Rezound better. Come to find out, the screen and camera are better too. Bonus!

I'm sure if the 2 GNex phones I had didn't have signal / data issues, I'd still have the phone and I'd be happy. I'd be in the GNex forum, defending it from time to time even (assuming people go there to bash it like they come here to bash the Rezound). Lucky for me, the GNex has / had signal issues though. Otherwise I would never know what I was missing.

One more fact: I miss 2 things about the GNex, some of the ICS functionality, and the anti-glare screen. Those are honestly the only things I miss, and eventually it will be be just one thing I miss.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I always wonder if there are people that go into the GNex forum and bash it without ever owning one. I do notice though that the only times people come in here to bash the Rezound, they're GNex owners. Wonder if they do that too to the RAZR and other forums.

It happens in all the forums not as much here at Android Central compared to other Android sites but it still does happen for all devices. Really it shouldn't happen because were all apart of the same TEAM and IMO the best part of Android is that we have choices between different devices I would hate to have only one choice to fit all like Apple has.

Reactions: axne1

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thread cleaned. Keep it on topic. The amount of trolling in this thread was ridiculous, and it was more than one user.

Everyone please take the time to read the forum rules linked in my signature.

If you have an issue with something someone posts and think it violates the rules please just report the post. Continuing to bicker and stay off topic doesn't help anyone or anything.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yo Tony! When did you make "Advisor?" Congrats on that. Any chance you can clean the thread or is that something for Mclarryjr to do?

I made it a few months ago.....wrote a review of an app, contributing to the forums, etc.
I have no forum powers. Mclarryjr is above me..both in rooting power and admin powers lol.
But I have a feeling this thread is being watched.

Seriously,
If someone came on here and said their original droid is still going strong, more power to you, ya know?
It's android.....we all love it (okay my signal sucks so I don't love that part lol) so we can just help each other out instead of saying sucker, or my device kicks your butt, etc.

I don't have a rezound. Doesn't mean I can't post here if it's civil, right?

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I made it a few months ago.....wrote a review of an app, contributing to the forums, etc.
I have no forum powers. Mclarryjr is above me..both in rooting power and admin powers lol.

Seriously,
If someone came on here and said their original droid is still going strong, more power to you, ya know?
It's android.....we all love it (okay my signal sucks so I don't love that part lol) so we can just help each other out instead of saying sucker, or my device kicks your butt, etc.

You're right. ;)

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

Seriously,

Tony, you know none of our posts were pointed at you. Someone came here looking to ruffle some feathers. I have first hand experience with both phones, so I posted my opinion, which if anyone does any research they'll notice are more like facts.

So, do you all think we'll get ICS in the first or second half of the year? I think second half of the year.

Reactions: humpagardengnome

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Tony, you know none of our posts were pointed at you. Someone came here looking to ruffle some feathers. I have first hand experience with both phones, so I posted my opinion, which if anyone does any research they'll notice are more like facts.

So, do you all think we'll get ICS in the first or second half of the year? I think second half of the year.

Depends on if you mean Verizon time or CPT. Verizon time, we're probably still getting ICS in Q1 (May/June 2012 CPT)

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

First half! Infact Ill say we will have it this week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar