1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Question Rezound and Ford Sync

I have a 2011 Ford Taurus and HTC Rezound phone. Sync and phone work pretty well together. I can even get text messages to come over to Sync and convert from text to speech. Still can't get it to work to reply to a text or create a new text message. However, I will take what currently works.

My question is if the Rezound gets the update to ICS soon will Sync and Rezound still allow me to at least still receive text messages? I've heard that ICS does not support MAP (Message Access Profile). I was wondering though if Sense 3.6 or 4 will continue to support it?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by yngpenguin; 04-06-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Default Re: Rezound and Ford Sync

I can answer one question. It will be Sense 3.6 support. With a fair amount of certainty, I would guess that you will not lose any of your current synching capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by yngpenguin View Post
    I have a 2011 Ford Taurus and HTC Rezound phone. Sync and phone work pretty well together. I can even get text messages to come over to Sync and convert from text to speech. Still can't get it to work to reply to a text or create a new text message. However, I will take what currently works.

My question is if the Rezound gets the update to ICS soon will Sync and Rezound still allow me to at least still receive text messages? I've heard that ICS does not support MAP (Message Access Profile). I was wondering though if Sense 3.6 or 4 will continue to support it?

Any ideas?
    Not sure about the "unofficially official" 4.0.3/3.6. leak that was available to stock devices but it's been available in modded Rezound roms running ICS/Sense for awhile over on xda.

2012 Ford F150 with Sync. Verizon HTC Rezound with 4.0.3 ICS. I just got the ICS update. I couldn't get texting to work in or out with GB, but it works flawlessly with ICS. Go to Settings, Bluetooth. Then hit the phone menu again. Go to Advanced, then Enable Message Access (this is MAP). I had to delete my phone from Sync and re-add it but that only took a few minutes to do including downloading the contacts. Its a bit ackward trying to reply while driving as you have to use steering wheel buttons or the dash to scroll through and send, but it works! (FYI - I did notice that the Message Access options were there on GB prior to my update and I did everything the same except to delete the phone from Sync and re-add. so its possible that it might work on GB as well if you have not received the ICS OTA. worth a shot anyway). And I've only had ICS for 12 hours but loving everything so far! Hope this helps!