Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By humpagardengnome
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SOS! My Rezound has lost its mind.

I restarted my Rezound about 30 minutes ago. It rebooted, and once it got to the home screen, it shut off and rebooted again. It's been repeatedly rebooting for a half hour now. I pulled the battery, booted it up again - and it starts looping again.

I can get to hboot or whatever (power + vol down), but I don't know which option to choose from there. I will factory reset it, but only if that's the only option. I will lose a lot of stuff if I do.

Are there any other options in hboot I can try without factory resetting it?

I tried logging onto the VZW site, looking for a live tech support I could chat with, but they don't have any, I was told.

Help?

-mcskipp
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: SOS! My Rezound has lost its mind.

BTW, I've never rooted my phone or anything. It's all stock.

Quote Originally Posted by mcskipp View Post
    I restarted my Rezound about 30 minutes ago. It rebooted, and once it got to the home screen, it shut off and rebooted again. It's been repeatedly rebooting for a half hour now. I pulled the battery, booted it up again - and it starts looping again.

I can get to hboot or whatever (power + vol down), but I don't know which option to choose from there. I will factory reset it, but only if that's the only option. I will lose a lot of stuff if I do.

Are there any other options in hboot I can try without factory resetting it?

I tried logging onto the VZW site, looking for a live tech support I could chat with, but they don't have any, I was told.

Help?

-mcskipp
    Taken from the boot loop thread;
    1. take the battery cover off but leave the battery in, should buy you some time to perform the steps before it reboots. 2. Click on phone. 3. dial *#*#4636#*#* 4. Click on phone information. 5. Scroll down and there should be a drop down box that most likely will be set to WCDMA prefered, now change that to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. 6. press back arrow a couple of times till your out and you should be able to safely put the battery cover on now.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Immediately after posting this, I starting googling the issue. Turns out this exact issue has been a problem for many people. I tried one person's advice:

Remove the battery cover
    Take out the battery
    Put the battery back in
    Reboot with the battery cover OFF

And for some reason, this worked. They also said to go into SETTINGS>POWER and turn off Fast Boot.

Phone is working fine now. Very odd.

-mcskipp
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Wish I had seen this earlier. It's happened to me twice. I went in the other week and told em I wanted a new phone. It should be here today. I'll keep this in mind. However this is just beyond stupid that it happens to begin with.

If you want a free widget w/ one click access to that menu that the #* code takes you to. Download LTE Switch in Google Play, it's the best way to access that menu on the fly.
    thedan862 likes this.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Happened to me once, just boot it with no sim card, and then switch it to cdma/lte...

This happened to me, brought it in to Verizon and they did a complete reformat, in which i lost everything on my SD card and all. Working fine since though...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I always keep my phone on CDMA/3G anyway. I'm confused as to why this happened..?

-mcskipp

I always keep my phone on CDMA/3G anyway. I'm confused as to why this happened..?
    We all are. Damn, these darn sim cards. They'll be the death of us, yet.

Ironic I saw this thread earlier in the day and didn't even read it, just the popup that shows when you hover, and damn if not 4 hours later here I was feeling with it. I was in a car when I noticed so with the phone acting up I couldn't go back and see what kind of advice people were getting. At first it would let me into hboot, but after some sim and battery pulls I conceived it that it was ok. After a few attempts I was able to access recovery then I tried a few of the options that I thought were less evil than a fr. In the end I just fr'd and titanium backup put it all back together for me. Lost like 6 boards on angry birds. So far so good. I'll have to keep that phone trick in mind.
    Last edited by VidJunky; 04-09-2012 at 09:45 PM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

When I was researching how to fix it, someone - somewhere in internet land - mentioned that there is something in the battery cover than may be conflicting with our antennas. Does this make sense to anyone?

Also, now my phone's Fast Boot is turned off. Do I need it to have it on? I have no idea what it does?

-mcskipp

When I was researching how to fix it, someone - somewhere in internet land - mentioned that there is something in the battery cover than may be conflicting with our antennas. Does this make sense to anyone?
    I have no solid idea on why it occurs but I don't see how think that would cause it. All antennas do is assist/allow establishment of a connection. Firmware takes it from there so the issue lies in there somewhere not in the antenna connections built in the battery door itself. I'm guessing they based that off the fact disconnecting the batterydoor allows it to boot and then be reset manually. That wcdma/lte option is something you'd see used in asian markets in HTC phones. Could be linked to the hidden global capabilies ij some fashion. Why it would trigger to that is the big unknown? I have no frigging idea why HTC has never addressed the issue publicly, at least to say they're aware of it. Or maybe I just missed that statement from them. Verizon still seems in the dark b/c all they ever do is tell you to swap out as a means to correct the problem.

Also, now my phone's Fast Boot is turned off. Do I need it to have it on? I have no idea what it does?
    -mcskipp
    Keep fast boot deselected in settings. If your stock and it's checked, it can create issues b/c it keeps certain tasks from executing during the normal boot process.
    Last edited by humpagardengnome; 04-10-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added something that i left off