I'm due for an upgrade this week. What to do...

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I currently use the Rezound (paid full price the day it came out) and it is stock. I want to root it and get ICS but I'm an idiot when it comes to using a computer. I don't have the slightest idea on how to begin to root my phone.

The other question that comes to mind is this. I haven't heard of Verizon acquiring any future phones (such as the HTC X or SGS3). For now, it seems that the Rezound is the current best choice. Has anyone heard of a "Rezound killer" coming to Verizon?

If anyone has step by step directions on how to root to a clean, functional ICS ROM I'd be very appreciative. As much as I like my Rezound, Gingerbread is boring the hell out of me.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I currently use the Rezound (paid full price the day it came out) and it is stock. I want to root it and get ICS but I'm an idiot when it comes to using a computer. I don't have the slightest idea on how to begin to root my phone.

The other question that comes to mind is this. I haven't heard of Verizon acquiring any future phones (such as the HTC X or SGS3). For now, it seems that the Rezound is the current best choice. Has anyone heard of a "Rezound killer" coming to Verizon?

If anyone has step by step directions on how to root to a clean, functional ICS ROM I'd be very appreciative. As much as I like my Rezound, Gingerbread is boring the hell out of me.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

Well this is your lucky day! Mr. Smith just posted this guide yesterday...I'd suggest you read it thoroughly BEFORE you start down the road to make sure you get an understanding of what you're about to do.

It's not a complicated process but it's also not something you'd want to screw up (duh).

If you decide to give it a go and get stuck hop back on here and give us a shout. Mr.Smith is on here quite frequently if you have specific questions regarding his guide.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...66392-guide-unlocking-rooting-roming-faq.html

There are also other guides as well but I'd start here.

Since this seems like your first time rooting and ROMing and to address any ICS concerns I will say this, the latest leaked ICS seems to run quite well but I'd suggest using a "close to stock" ROM like scrosslers ICS CleanROM. I'm pretty sure you can find links to it here on AC.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Guess I need to write more Android propaganda...

On topic. No, there's no Rezound Killer out there yet...heck, I can't even think of an announced Android phone on Verizon coming any time soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC