Annoying Sound When You Open Phone

BaumerS4

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My buddy just got a $49 Rezound over the weekend, but everytime he opens the phone it plays an annoying sound. There has to be a way to turn this off, but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? And no, it's not the lock/unlock sound, it's a longer sound than the simple click of the lock.

jonvito2

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Click on the weather in the middle of the Sense clock on the main home screen, go to settings, uncheck "sound effects"....pretty sure that's the only way to get unlock sounds on this phone.

BaumerS4

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The weather sound effects are turned off as well, so that's not it. It's a strange sound, like "an awakening". He barely understands how to use the phone, so I'm pretty sure he's not using anything but the stock launcher and stock settings...

BaumerS4

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Screen lock sound is disabled. It's not the quick lock/unlock sound from that. That sounds like an actual lock clicking. This sound is similar to the sound that plays when the sun shines in the Sense Weather widget, but that's not what it is because the sound for the weather is disabled. I even removed the weather widget totally and the sound still plays.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Screen lock sound is disabled. It's not the quick lock/unlock sound from that. That sounds like an actual lock clicking. This sound is similar to the sound that plays when the sun shines in the Sense Weather widget, but that's not what it is because the sound for the weather is disabled. I even removed the weather widget totally and the sound still plays.

Is it heard just that one time? Is the sound in your tones list?

BaumerS4

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Turns out the sound was coming from the weather lockscreen. I feel pretty stupid for not figuring that out earlier. Sorry to waste so many people's time on here...