Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can my Rezound get official ICS if I don't have Verizon service?

Can my Rezound get the official ICS update if I don't have Verizon service?

I removed the Rezound from my account the day after I activated it because I don't want to pay the $30 data fee.

Will HTC or Verizon have a website for people to download the ICS update to a PC or directly to the Rezound?

Default Re: Can my Rezound get official ICS if I don't have Verizon servi

You will have to activate it on Verizon to get the official ota update.

Listen to the guy below me. I forgot about the ruu.
    Mr Fix-It

Carrier
    Stock Rooted

If you wait for the RUU to come out, yes. You can get non-official ICS now without rooting or Verizon service as well.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    If you wait for the RUU to come out, yes. You can get non-official ICS now without rooting or Verizon service as well.
    Sorry for a couple of newbie questions:

What is the RUU?

Where do I find this non-official ICS?

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by af250xxl View Post
    Sorry for a couple of newbie questions:

What is the RUU?

Where do I find this non-official ICS?

Thanks!!!
    1. ROM update utility

2. XDA forum, will see it first, lilely before it's even officially released. There's a pre release(candidate) build with ICS/Sense 3.6 and new firmware avalable that you can load w/out root, right now. Easily, if you have service at the moment.

If you didnt want to pay for data why did you get a smartphone in the first place???
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    If you didnt want to pay for data why did you get a smartphone in the first place???
    I have 4 lines on my family account.

All 4 lines have been eligible for upgrades since 2005. (yes, 2005)

It seems like such a waste.... so I upgraded the main line to the Galaxy Nexus a few months ago.
    When the Rezound was $0 last week, I jumped on it and upgraded another line.

(three of the lines are used by phones that are in my cars.... which came pre-installed from the
    MB factory, and cannot be removed.... well... unless I want to rip out the consoles...)

I have been very happy with using the Rezound as a media player and PDA.... works perfectly.

The other two lines? I don't see any good deals on Verizon right now.... Perhaps when the
    Galaxy Nexus goes down to $50, I'll upgrade another line and deactivate it the same way again.
    (putting the old MB factory phone back in service)

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    It's not an Apple so I guess that rules out staus symbol as a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    If it was apple, then you can just buy an ipod touch and pretend that it is a iPhone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    well... I do have a 64GB iPod Touch that I bought a year ago. Ever since my religious conversion from the Church of Jobs to the church of Android, I have not used the iPod Touch at all... thought about selling it, but found a way to make it useful.(i.e. hooked up to the kitchen radio and plays random music)

(P.S. that's just a nice way of saying that I went from a big time Apple fanboy to a big time Android fanboy!!!
    I couldn't believe I put up with the junk that Apple made for so man years!)