Extended Battery (without back) Cheap on Amazon

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for an additional extended battery (you already have the extended back), you can get a Thunderbolt extended battery real cheap here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1703602

Note that the picture in the description does not match the actual battery. But go to the htcpedia.com Site and look at the Rezound extended battery options and you'll see that the Thunderbolt extended battery fits just fine in the Rezound and has the exact same model number that is listed in the Amazon link. Mnfg Part #: 35H00149-01M

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-thunderbolt-rezound-oem-2750mah-extended-battery.html

And yes, the Thunderbolt extended battery works perfectly fine in the Rezound. Here is my video proving it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSJgbn5D6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My concern would be if it is genuine or a knock off. Also, is it new or used? Or perhaps it didn't pass qc and was sold off in bulk.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It is a legit Thunderbolt extended battery, exactly the same as the one I've been using in my Rezound since I got it. It shipped in 2 days. $5 for the battery and $4 for shipping. I'll let you know if it holds a proper charge like my other one.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
a6f841b7-45ed-3222.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have bought what we're claimed to be genuine oem before in bulk, some didn't hold charge as well as direct from the manufacturer, some held charge good, but after a few months, the charge wasn't as good as direct from manufacturer. Of course, if they got it directly from Verizon or HTC in bulk then it would be fine. Just saying that I have had bad experiences with bulk batteries in the past. They look identical to the ones that came with the phone too.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad that it works well for you. Personally, I wouldn't buy a battery from an unofficial source as they can and have exploded causing injury. Saving $25 or whatever isn't worth the safety of me and my family. Yes, there is an automatic shutoff when it gets too hot, but those may fail.granted unlikely, but still possible.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It's an OEM HTC battery. Says so on the battery itself. I ordered from Amazon, a reputable vendor who is authorized to sell cell phones. Seems pretty official to me.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's an OEM HTC battery. Says so on the battery itself. I ordered from Amazon, a reputable vendor who is authorized to sell cell phones. Seems pretty official to me.

True, but I'd be skeptical since even knock offs claim to be OEM. I'm a fan of Amazon but I never shop their third party vendors. Items must be shipped and sold by Amazon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You didn't buy from amazon, but a third party that sells through amazon, based on the receipt. Think of it like buying from ebay, you are not buying straight from ebay,but from some seller who chose to sell on ebay. If it was shipped and sold by amazon, then that would be a different story. Also, the point of a fake is to make it look real. Or perhaps it was stock that didn't pass qc and couldn't be sold through official channels. Of course, it may be clearance items bought from HTC or Verizon, but me personally, I am not willing to take that chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa