Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Font size question

I just got my rezound yesterday. Came form a droid X. I have noticed that some applications have very small font size. for example - In Gmail App the address bar of messages (where the reply button is) is VERY small compared to my X. Almost cant read the names and email addys. Any way to make these bigger? I have tried increasing the font size in the app but that only changes the font size in the actual message.

Default Re: Font size question

I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has some suggestions.

I have a Droid X too and I was thinking about buying a used Rezound via Craigslist and I have the same concern. My concern is mostly related to text size while surfing the Internet.

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

I can't remember on stock, but if it's just browsing your worried about, most all the 3rd party browsers let you change the font or zoom level.
    SPOOOOON

Quote Originally Posted by eddie31770 View Post
    I just got my rezound yesterday. Came form a droid X. I have noticed that some applications have very small font size. for example - In Gmail App the address bar of messages (where the reply button is) is VERY small compared to my X. Almost cant read the names and email addys. Any way to make these bigger? I have tried increasing the font size in the app but that only changes the font size in the actual message.
    There is an app called Spare Parts that has a whole bunch of random options you can change through it, including Font Size. I hope this helps

-Isaac-
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-

You can change font size in the stock browser as well as zoom. Just go into browser settings. If you use go launcher , in preferences you can change fonts , font color, and make many of them bold for the icons and app drawer.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

After much research I have discovered that certain apps including gmail are not yet made for the HD resolution on the rezound. Because of this, some of the fonts are smaller. For example the send button in the gmail app is very small. Hopefully soon developers will make these apps compatible with 720p resolution screens.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Small? Are you on the latest Gmail? The send arrow seems properly sized to me.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I believe I am. The greay bar on top and everything associated with it, in a mesage, are smaller than the body of the email as I increased the font and MUCH smaller than on my X.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I believe I am. The greay bar on top and everything associated with it, in a mesage, are smaller than the body of the email as I increased the font and MUCH smaller than on my X.
    Different version than on your X as well. Unless you were running ICS. Honestly it seems right to me, but that's my opinion. If you want to, you can theme it a lot bigger. I don't know if you're rooted but I could certainly show you how.

-Walt Disney
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

rooting scares me. I am not really techie.

What version should i have on my rezound that is different from my X?
    JSE

I also came from the Droid X to the Rezound and noticed the difference in font size in apps and in general. Like you mentioned some apps are just not optimized for HD displays at this point. I'm sure in the future this will change as more and more phones will be HD.

I have actually gotten used to the smaller size and now actually prefer it. I use my Droid X on wifi around the house for general browsing and games and find the font to be annoyingly big now.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

rooting scares me. I am not really techie.

What version should i have on my rezound that is different from my X?
    Gmail should actually be a different version on ICS than on GB. It's the same version numbering but not the same experience.

-Walt Disney
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Different version than on your X as well. Unless you were running ICS. Honestly it seems right to me, but that's my opinion. If you want to, you can theme it a lot bigger. I don't know if you're rooted but I could certainly show you how.
    Is it easy to root?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Take a read of the Guide I have posted in the rooting section. I consider it easy but gauge it for yourself.
    [GUIDE] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

-Walt Disney

I'm not sure if they updated the gmail UI, specifically for ICS, but it seems very different on ICS than it did on GB. Although, I don't have a GB vwrsion to compare it to. Layout seems quite different, alot cleaner. I'm sure it's not likely going to be the same eye straining experience for you, anymore.