1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default What causes this?

Sometimes if I'm coming out of an app. my phone will show the HTC start logo like a reboot? Doesn't do it alot, but it gets ignoring. Wife's thunderbolt does the same. Btw it does not matter which app. either. Any ideas?

Default Re: What causes this?

Mine does that sometimes too. It did it more often with my incredible. I would like to know too.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    [ROM] Sense

Could be caused by low memory, after market launcher/lockscreen, or ROM (if you are using)
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

It's Sense crashing. Caused by....well you tell us.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt2217 View Post
    Could be caused by low memory, after market launcher/lockscreen, or ROM (if you are using)
    All stock. Memory looks like it's not low. I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to.

ROM
    Viper

It's happened to me once or twice with stock launcher. It's sense restarting for some reason. Memory low, crash, etc?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Mines stock too and my memory isn't low but I have widgetlocker. It's only done it once since I got it last week. It might be low memory cause my incredible was low all the time and it happened a lot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Since its happening to both yours and your wife's are they on wifi or poor signal when this happens? Do you have fast boot turned on? Make. Sure fastboot is off.

Yeah I have the same problem too, it is just annoying, happens maybe once every other day coming out of an app and like said before any random app

Like others have mentioned, it is Sense crashing and restarting. On my Rezound it usually happens after exiting an app that uses lots of phone resources like some games. Another possible cause is one of the task killers, if they kill some processes that are critical to Sense it will crash.

It only happens occasionally on my Rezound. Just before I upgraded my Incredible, it was crashing with EVERY app. Those last updates made it almost unusable.

Johnie

Quote Originally Posted by staffordjm View Post
    Like others have mentioned, it is Sense crashing and restarting. On my Rezound it usually happens after exiting an app that uses lots of phone resources like some games. Another possible cause is one of the task killers, if they kill some processes that are critical to Sense it will crash.

It only happens occasionally on my Rezound. Just before I upgraded my Incredible, it was crashing with EVERY app. Those last updates made it almost unusable.

Johnie
    Yeah, the Dinc has passed it's prime. I just upgraded from it. Great phone, but unfortunately many apps updates just take up too many resources for the Dinc to Handle. I was rooted and using a Senseless Rom and that helped, but it was no longer the "fast" phone I had when it was released. Loving the Rezound so far after 24 hours. Screen size is an adjustment. Like the bigger screen when using the phone, but don't like the size in my pocket. I've been a Sense fan, and it's nice that the phone has the resource to handle it.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

ROM
    viperReZ 1.0.3

I only see it on my Rezound occasionally when exiting Temple Run. I saw it a LOT more often on my old Dinc.

My wife and I both had Incredible's and I just upgraded to the Rezound, she is still using the Inc. Her Inc is completely stock and has this issue constantly, I have always used LauncherPro Plus and have never had this issue, either on my Inc or now on my Rezound. Using LauncherPro you are able to kill Sense and run LauncherPro only, I have always seen Sense as too much of a resource hog and my battery life is better and phone just runs faster on LP Plus. I know that LP seems to be a forgotten app and other launchers may be better but I think that this is a Sense issue. My opinion anyways...