Ringtone/Notification Sound assignments scrambled on Reboot

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've got several custom ringtones and notification sounds that I've installed on my phone in the "Ringtones" and "Notifications" directory (on the phone, not the SD card)

I have a problem whenever I reboot or power off/on my phone. When it boots up, it (apparently) randomly selects a default ringtone and notification sound and all of the ringtones and notification sounds that I have assigned to specific people is changed to a random selection.

Is there something that I can do to keep the ringtone assignments stick across boots/reboots?

Johnie

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Can we assume your not rooted and or running a Gingerbread based ROM?

Its a known issue with GB on the Rezound. It happened to me almost every morning until I jumped to ICS. Hasn't happened since so I guess the only way this will get fixed is with the upgrade to ICS either via rooting and flashing or waiting for the OTA.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Damn.. This sucks.. So far I'm finding that only my main ringtone changes on reboot. None of my notifications change, just the ringtone switches back to "quietly brilliant". I have installed the ringtone widget on the home screen to switch it back quickly after rebooting.

I did not even that when I copied my ringtones/notification folders from the sd card on my dinc to the Rezound, the Rezound put them into a subfolder on the sd card. I had to switch them back. I keep my eyes custom tones on the card not the phone. It seems to help prevent the scramble. Like I said it's just the main ringtone that scrambles

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Now, I'm probably going to jinx myself here, but it hasn't changed on me the last two reboots. The only thing that has changed is I installed Handcent. I used that exclusively for texting on my dinc, so I installed it here. I set the handcent ringtone selector as the default, so maybe this has fixe it for me? Here's hoping.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Did changing your messaging service fix the issue?

Wow!!! Blast from the past!!

I think the change from GingerBread to Ice Cream Sandwich probably "fixed" the problem. It hasn't really been an issue for quite a while now.

4cdndctn

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen with mine and some friends' devices with custom roms over the last few months and I had a complicated but effective way to fix it. One had me stumped, it turned out to be a resource conflict. Be careful which sound profile managers you use!!!