Usually don't get upset

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sure, we can download an unstable ROM, or better yet, brick our phone cause most of us are inexperienced rooting phones...

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Sure, we can download an unstable ROM, or better yet, brick our phone cause most of us are inexperienced rooting phones...

Since it's reached beaten horse status, I'll be brief. This has all been said before but bricking is blown way out of proportion, I'm talking serious urban myth status. I'm a friggin moron and I have yet to get myself in trouble w/ my Rezound. Granted, the Rezound is a bit more labor intensive than most other phones but eveything is so well laid out in the rooting help sections in most forums it's a real shame more people don't take the time to realize that. If you want to enjoy stable roms do your research. Of course there will be some w/ issuies but most that aren't freshly ported are very stable, be it GB or ICS. Certainly, every bit as stable as oem GB. I've said in other posts, we have a leak w/ firmware. That doesn't happen unless the build is on the home stretch for release. Sit tight b/c it's coming sooner than later. I know that's tough for those who are axniously awaiting but toughen the skin a bit, it's worth the wait.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
100% agreed with humpagardengnome. I'm running a 100% stable ICS ROM now, and have been for quite some time now. Also because of the way HTC designed the unlock, it is next to impossible to brick your Rezound.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Rooting isn't as scary as you think. Just follow the directions exactly.

I haven't done it yet but only because I have had an afternoon to sit down and do it. But even after the update comes ill likely still root. I find the presence of bloat annoying.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to vent, I got the rezound because of ICS, I have a TBolt which I love, this phone is awesome in its own way, just hard to choose. Figured one or the other would have ICS by now. I still have 9 days lol

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you're holding on to the Rezound in hopes that ICS will get here while you still have your return window...well go ahead and return the phone. Lord knows when we'll officially get ICS but I can guarantee it won't be in the next 9 days.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Read up on the various articles floating around about what to expect with ICS + Sense. It ain't gonna be anything like the Nexus and it will be more Sense than ICS based on what I've read and my experience with the Gnex and Xoom. Then again the rooters can probably shed more light on this than me if they've already installed the leaked version.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Buying a phone based on a sofware release? How many times have you seen a software release for a consumer product meet the "stated deadline"? I have seen more missed deadlines than met deadlines.

Last edited:

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Personally don't care. Have CleanROM GBE 1.7 (thanks Scott), rooted. No problems. OTA won't happen unless I "undo" and don't plan on it.

Will continue on, this does everything I want and need. I'll worry about ICS on my next upgrade in just under 2 years.

Lovin' the Rezound just as is.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Read up on the various articles floating around about what to expect with ICS + Sense. It ain't gonna be anything like the Nexus and it will be more Sense than ICS based on what I've read and my experience with the Gnex and Xoom. Then again the rooters can probably shed more light on this than me if they've already installed the leaked version.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk.

Sense 3.6 is about the same as 3.5, so it's not a lot different (dock). Sense4 on the other hand. 4 makes me like sense again. My only complaint is the 4x4 everything. So stupid. My Hero was 4x4. Anywho. Stock ICS is all fine, and fast and dandy, but it's not perfect. The senseless roms I still put Nova launcher on, and ICS+ browser, a better music widget, calender widget... you get what I'm saying. The one thing I think is brilliant on sense4 is adding widgets. It's 1000% better than any other way, they added flash support for the browser and an incognito mode (unsure if those on in vanilla). Lockscreen is better because you can do stuff besides unlock the phone.

But who cares, if your waiting for official ICS, it's probably 3.6, so you are not gonna be as happy as me, sorry.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Sense 3.6 is about the same as 3.5, so it's not a lot different (dock). Sense4 on the other hand. 4 makes me like sense again. My only complaint is the 4x4 everything. So stupid. My Hero was 4x4. Anywho. Stock ICS is all fine, and fast and dandy, but it's not perfect. The senseless roms I still put Nova launcher on, and ICS+ browser, a better music widget, calender widget... you get what I'm saying. The one thing I think is brilliant on sense4 is adding widgets. It's 1000% better than any other way, they added flash support for the browser and an [UL]incognito mode (unsure if those on in vanilla).[/HL] Lockscreen is better because you can do stuff besides unlock the phone.

But who cares, if your waiting for official ICS, it's probably 3.6, so you are not gonna be as happy as me, sorry.

ItIncognito mode is stock in Android 4.0. Agree with you on all counts. IMO, it's certainly not the Sense 3.6 UI that glamorizes the changes ICS brings to the table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781