Unable To Move App To SD Card

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I am sure y'all have either experienced this or know someone who has. I had an upgrade and got a new Rezound, and sent my sister my older one. It is easier for me to deal with a faulty device than her, so she got my utterly awesome running phone. Right out of the gate I ended up with the dreaded "unable to move app" android disease.

After a lot of poking around there was no to nada info on how to deal with the issue other than just try to move the app the second time and live with it. I may have found a solution. Since I have hung on to my 32 gig card from my old Tbolt, I decided it might be good idea to format the card after doing 2 factory resets to the phone. Problem solved. I remember starting to have the problem with the Tbolt and having it go away then, but I forgot about doing the same thing then and figuring it was because I got lucky with a reset. Anyway, try it if you're having an unable issue.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Why are you moving apps to the SD card? I say that because it's not really recommended to put apps to the SD card unless you're very low on internal storage space as that space is a lot faster than the SD card which allows the apps and phone to operate more efficiently.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Why are you moving apps to the SD card? I say that because it's not really recommended to put apps to the SD card unless you're very low on internal storage space as that space is a lot faster than the SD card which allows the apps and phone to operate more efficiently.

Well...the point of the post is a workaround for a fairly common issue that had no solution that I could find, other than a shrug of the shoulders and a hearty oh well. However, since you took the time to post something, regardless of it's irrelevance, I will address your question. Because sometimes I just want the apps on the card. If that's okay with you, of course.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well...the point of the post is a workaround for a fairly common issue that had no solution that I could find, other than a shrug of the shoulders and a hearty oh well. However, since you took the time to post something, regardless of it's irrelevance, I will address your question. Because sometimes I just want the apps on the card. If that's okay with you, of course.

Whazzup with the attitude tonight, Steve? Play nice in the sandbox.
1033090064_turesoscar.gif

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

I apologize Steve; I never meant to come across as harsh or judgmental. :)

I just don't understand the desire to put an app on the SD card these days as newer phones have quite a bit of internal storage that you'd really have to be installing either a ton of apps or very large ones to even attempt to fill it up. It seems to be more of a carry over from older phones that didn't have as much internal storage. So moving apps to the SD card just seems counter productive and actually causes more problems than it's worth. Just my two cents, to each their own. :)

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I apologize Steve; I never meant to come across as harsh or judgmental. :)

I just don't understand the desire to put an app on the SD card these days as newer phones have quite a bit of internal storage that you'd really have to be installing either a ton of apps or very large ones to even attempt to fill it up. It seems to be more of a carry over from older phones that didn't have as much internal storage. So moving apps to the SD card just seems counter productive and actually causes more problems than it's worth. Just my two cents, to each their own. :)

No problem, and my apologies also if I sounded harsh. I have never heard much about not putting apps on the card. Always the opposite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila