do we hear the melody

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I call BS. 297MB is barely a Senseless ROM. No way, no how. The RUU for ICS was 600+MB. The only way this is possible would be for the OTA to really just be an upgrade from GB to ICS and we already know that so many system files have changed that it would be a miracle to get that 600MB package down to 300MB.

So, no I don't hear the truck coming. But I smell it and it's a truck full of manure. ;-)

Edit: This was in no way shape or form aimed at the OP, just the "information" from the article.

Last edited:

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
PS. Never saw ice cream truck as a kid. Poor farm boy. We had one of those hand crank ice cream makers. We worked for our ice cream.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not a point of lying or not. It's that there are so many rumored dates for every release of Android that every one is a potential pile of BS and with no official word and his release date being 2 weeks away, why would someone believe it?

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not a point of lying or not. It's that there are so many rumored dates for every release of Android that every one is a potential pile of BS and with no official word and his release date being 2 weeks away, why would someone believe it?

Because it's better than clinging to nothing :D

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
LOL. You see that the source works for Verizon "in some capacity"? He could be a janitor, he could be a FIOS installer, he could be the guy that shines the CEO's shoes. Get what I'm saying?

If he was a genuine Verizon Wireless employee, why would he risk his job to please a bunch of strangers on internet forums?

Of course, it would be more believable if he lost the Rezound with official ICS after getting drunk in a bar.
(and someone sends that phone to someone at Android Central for inspection) :D

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
LOL. You see that the source works for Verizon "in some capacity"? He could be a janitor, he could be a FIOS installer, he could be the guy that shines the CEO's shoes. Get what I'm saying?

Probably one of those Greeters at the corporate stores that put you on the waiting list when you walk in.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think we have been burned enough with ICS rumors. It would be cool, if true, but, I am not putting much hope in this one.

wythme2

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Definitely not a fios installer I work for Verizon Communications and trust me when I say we know nothing about what happens or any releases from the wireless side. But I did pose this question on Htc USA Facebook page, about why Sprint is going to release a phone with ics and the rezound is still waiting, and the reply I got was sprints preorder would start in May but ics for rezound would happen sooner than later. That actually had be thinking we would get it before the new sprint phone was released.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The poster added screen shots. I used to work for VZW and can verify the screen they posted. Looking very likely unless something holds it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress